• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Video] Hardware fix lag shield remote 2017 with mod antenna

Search This thread

mLgz0rn

Jan 4, 2016
Copenhagen
Just did this, used an antenna from an old d-link router I had laying around.
And wow it works great! Now I can actually use my Bluetooth xbox controller without pointing it at the shield while sitting 1 meter from it ?

pascalguth

Jan 21, 2019
Nice I will try it. Another question. Am I guessing right that the antenna on the other side is the wifi antenna? Because I also want to improve the wifi signal of the shield.

WwkFyu2.jpg

Jackie393

Jul 9, 2018
Ok. How did you found out the other one is the bluetooth antenna?

In bottom PCB I remove shield cans, i can see name IC wifi & bluetooth (It's name Broadcom BCM4356, you can search datasheet on google).I guess that is bluetooth antenna (maybe this point for wifi antenna). i soldering external antenna and test with remote

Jackie393

Jul 9, 2018
Here overview in datasheet
The Cypress CYW4356 single-chip device provides the highest level of integration for a mobile or handheld wireless system, with
integrated IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MAC/baseband/radio, Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR (enhanced data rate), FM receiver, and Alliance for
Wireless Power (A4WP) support. The wireless charging feature works in collaboration with the Wireless Power Transfer (WPT)
BCM59350 front-end IC. It provides a small form-factor solution with minimal external components to drive down cost for mass
volumes and allows for handheld device flexibility in size, form, and function. Comprehensive power management circuitry and
software ensure the system can meet the needs of highly mobile devices that require minimal power consumption and reliable
operation.

supersonic64126

Nov 1, 2008
Naples WE-FINALLY-HAVE-LTE FL!
I have been mod my shield with external antenna. i work perfect, faster respond with all function.
Sorry my english.
You can view here

After mod, test all function with far ~5m

New update i make fake shield cans
What happened to the videos? I am looking to do this mod but can't find a photo or video on the whole internet!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been mod my shield with external antenna. i work perfect, faster respond with all function.
    Sorry my english.
    You can view here

After mod, test all function with far ~5m

New update i make fake shield cans
    https://i.imgur.com/RJeRFj9.jpg