• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Video of my G1 running Hero

Search This thread

DirectMatrix

Jun 16, 2009
Norfolk, VA
SMOOTHLY. I figured instead of posting the video link to individual threads, I would just create a new one. The video quality SUCKS, as it was recorded from my other G1, but you get the idea. I hope to have a better quality one up later or tomorrow. I am running 2.7.4, with a 64 megs swap partition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLZOhUA3R0

Very nice! Seems almost identical to my install of 2.7.4 with a 32 mb swap partition but I just switched over to the latest JACMyTouchSki to test that out. I'll probably jump back over to 2.7.4 to check out the larger swap settings and see if I can see a speed increase.

Did you use a 500 megs ext2/3 partition and left the rest FAT32 or did you use something different?

Last edited:

Breakthecycle2

Jun 7, 2009
NJ
Very nice! Seems almost identical to my install of 2.7.4 with a 32 mb swap partition but I just switched over to the latest JACMyTouchSki to test that out. I'll probably jump back over to 2.7.4 to check out the larger swap settings and see if I can see a speed increase.

Did you use a 500 megs ext2/3 partition and left the rest FAT32 or did you use something different?

Fat32 partition was left in tact. I also am running an ext3 of 500mgs.

A

AdrianK

Does it run that fast after it's been left on for a few hours? I mean, I leave mine on all day, and JacHero 2.2.3 (swapper app, no ext) got really slow by the end of the day.

A

AdrianK

Hmmm...but do you still have flash?

I wouldn't have thought so, but it was useless anyway imo. All it was good for was loading ads, which made navigation slower. Also when clicking a link to a YouTube video it would try to watch it in flash (which failed) rather than the video player. I think I can sacrifice the sexy visual bookmarks for a huge performance boost.