Video quality

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Your friends are never going to believe what you did. The only way to prove it to them is with that video you took. Rate this thread to express how videos shot on the come out. A higher rating indicates that videos are smooth (and not choppy) and that auto-focus works very well, and that the camera adjusts quickly to different lighting conditions while recording.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

DonAndress

Mar 16, 2010
Kraków
Samsung Galaxy A71
Guys, can anyone check if Xiaomi gives full control of the camera for 3rd party apps?
By that I mean use for example OpenCamera from Google Play, and e.g. switching lenses of the back camera, try setting fps to 24 for 1080p and 4k and check the footage if it is true 24 fps, try recording with flat/log recording.
You can also try Camera2 API Probe app from Google Play and attach here a screenshot of the status.

vogiasf

Jul 30, 2014
could anyone also check Microphone quality? on Youtube reviews looks kinda bad, but I want this phone

Awesome, thanks a lot.
1. So for 960 fps max is 480p?
2. And for 240 fps max is 720p?
3. What's the max resolution for 120 fps?
4. Can you record 24 fps?
5. Can you record flat profile?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

1, 2, 3. I found option to turn on 1080p for slow motion and I checked, it is 1080p now on all three options:
dgOCM8m.png

4. There is no option for 24 fps:
4hVfkO9.png

5. I don't see that option - here are all option under Video:
43s2GzG.png

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Awesome, thanks a lot.

And 960fps is practically unusable because it records just a few seconds in combination with normal speed so it's hard to record something. In 120 and 240fps modes you can shoot longer videos and choose which part is sloe motion.

DonAndress

Mar 16, 2010
Kraków
Samsung Galaxy A71
1, 2, 3. I found option to turn on 1080p for slow motion and I checked, it is 1080p now on all three options
Wow that's really informative!
Would you be able to check Open Camera app with camera2 API enabled to see if it allows 24 fps recording?

And 960fps is practically unusable because it records just a few seconds in combination with normal speed so it's hard to record something.
For me it's a bit too extreme anyway. I aim for 120 or 240 fps.

In 120 and 240fps modes you can shoot longer videos and choose which part is sloe motion.
So how does it work? It is all recorded in lets say 120 fps and footage stays this way or you have to choose which part is 120 and the rest is conformed to 30 fps?
What is the time limit for recording 120 and 240 fps?

Wow that's really informative!
Would you be able to check Open Camera app with camera2 API enabled to see if it allows 24 fps recording?

For me it's a bit too extreme anyway. I aim for 120 or 240 fps.

So how does it work? It is all recorded in lets say 120 fps and footage stays this way or you have to choose which part is 120 and the rest is conformed to 30 fps?
What is the time limit for recording 120 and 240 fps?

Here is Open Camera, camera2 API on, 24fps, flat profile on medium - in Open Camera it says it is 24fps, but recorded video is 30fps:

After you finish recording in slow motion you get video editor where you can slide left and right borders where slow motion starts and end. You can set whole video clip in slow motion. I cannot find time limit for slow motion recording, I tried to record for 2 minutes in 240fps mode and it worked, it didn't cut me.

DonAndress

Mar 16, 2010
Kraków
Samsung Galaxy A71
Here is Open Camera, camera2 API on, 24fps, flat profile on medium - in Open Camera it says it is 24fps, but recorded video is 30fps:
Man, you are super helpful :D
Shame on the 24 fps though...
Is there noticeable difference between flat and regular footage from Open Camera?

After you finish recording in slow motion you get video editor where you can slide left and right borders where slow motion starts and end. You can set whole video clip in slow motion.
How nice. Seems like an advanced feature ;)

I cannot find time limit for slow motion recording, I tried to record for 2 minutes in 240fps mode and it worked, it didn't cut me.
This is good news.
Can I have one more request please? It may be a long shot but could you check if Open Camera allows you to record 4k in 120 fps?

Is there noticeable difference between flat and regular footage from Open Camera?

This is good news.
Can I have one more request please? It may be a long shot but could you check if Open Camera allows you to record 4k in 120 fps?

Yes, there is noticeable difference between flat and regular footage - flat looks like it is a bit brighter and with low contrast.

If I choose 120fps, max resolution is 1080p.

Reactions: DonAndress

Adv.Chirag

Aug 3, 2014
To take a look at how good the video quality is on the Redmi K20 Pro I shot a cinematic 4K video on Redmi K20 Pro/ Mi 9T Pro. Take a look.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4k@60FPS
    slow motion 240fps
    slow motion 960fps
    Awesome, thanks a lot.

1, 2, 3. I found option to turn on 1080p for slow motion and I checked, it is 1080p now on all three options:
    dgOCM8m.png

4. There is no option for 24 fps:
    4hVfkO9.png

5. I don't see that option - here are all option under Video:
    43s2GzG.png

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Awesome, thanks a lot.

And 960fps is practically unusable because it records just a few seconds in combination with normal speed so it's hard to record something. In 120 and 240fps modes you can shoot longer videos and choose which part is sloe motion.

This is good news.

Yes, there is noticeable difference between flat and regular footage - flat looks like it is a bit brighter and with low contrast.

If I choose 120fps, max resolution is 1080p.