Video recording issue on custom roms

Search This thread

dawe0120

Jun 13, 2011
Hi, I have tried 2 different CR Android 11. and video recorder doesn't work properly.

For example, in Gcam I can save videos but there's no sound at all. (I have tried NG, and 3 more versions all the same issue)

In Anx, it records the video, but when I go to gallery the video length says 14 hrs and it doesn't even play the video.

Is there any app that records video properly without bugging so much?, to me video recording is essential on my phone. I'm seriously considering going back to MIUI because I see that all CR have the same issue.

le_zurdo

Hi, I have tried 2 different CR Android 11. and video recorder doesn't work properly.

For example, in Gcam I can save videos but there's no sound at all. (I have tried NG, and 3 more versions all the same issue)

In Anx, it records the video, but when I go to gallery the video length says 14 hrs and it doesn't even play the video.

Is there any app that records video properly without bugging so much?, to me video recording is essential on my phone. I'm seriously considering going back to MIUI because I see that all CR have the same issue.
Just happened the same thing to me in Lineage OS 17.1.
I wonder if it is related to some libs missing or being different in some Roms. I couldn't make video recording work right with any camera app.

At the moment I went back to MIUI Global Rom until I find if it is rom related, if it is any issue with some library or what else could I do to choose an appropriate rom. Because it is very tired to begin rom switching only to discover again that video recording doesn't work and I have to reflash and reinstall apps again.

Edit; I forgot to ask if you were able to solve your issue