[Video review] Corsair USB 3.0 OTG flash drive review (32gb)

Search This thread

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Here is my short review of the Corsair OTG drive. I have also included some read/write tests that I did below.
Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Voyager-Android-devices-CMFVG-32GB-NA/dp/B00HVT27CW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421613230&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+usb+otg

Read/Write benchmarks:

Cases where it fits without an OTG cable or modification:
Cruzerlite
TUDIA TPU
Spigen Ultra Hybrid
Supcase Beetle Hybrid

Cases where it needs a OTG cable or removal of the lanyard loop:
Supcase Beetle (otterbox style)

Last edited:
Reactions: msd24200

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I got the 64gb model and I'm happy with it so far!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I couldn't be happier with mine! It has saved me from many bootloops because I have all of my TWRP backups on it. Its much better than the SanDisk I had, or my old Transcend usb OTG drive.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Ditto.... I had to cut the lanyard tabs off to fit in my case.

What case are you using? I haven't had any issues with it using any of my cases so far so in curious to know which one has issues. I can add a list of which ones or works / doesn't work with.

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
What case are you using? I haven't had any issues with it using any of my cases so far so in curious to know which one has issues. I can add a list of which ones or works / doesn't work with.
Unicorn beetle... Looks like an Otterbox. It just fell short by a smidge so I had to cut it off. I was afraid that it would get wet on my keychain, so what I did was I put it in a pill fob on my keychain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilz

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Unicorn beetle... Looks like an Otterbox.

I wonder if the port opening is smaller on that than the regular one. I have 2 of the frosted back ones and the drive works perfectly. I'll make a list of cases where it fits here shortly. Thanks for the heads up.

Nacho~

Aug 14, 2010
Delmar, MD
Just saw this drive on amazon and ordered a 64gb. $0.50/GB isnt bad at all.

Unfortunately it semes that I will have to cut the tabs off as i normally use the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro (Otterbox-like one). Is there any way you can think of to still connect it to a keychain without the lanyard tabs? maybe like a little pouch thing or something?

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Just saw this drive on amazon and ordered a 64gb. $0.50/GB isnt bad at all.

Unfortunately it semes that I will have to cut the tabs off as i normally use the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro (Otterbox-like one). Is there any way you can think of to still connect it to a keychain without the lanyard tabs? maybe like a little pouch thing or something?

That's possible, I don't own the beetle pro so I'm going off of what the other member said. You could get a small otg cable for your keychain like the one below. You could drill a very small hole 1/32in onto the drive if you take it apart and attach a cable through that hole. I wouldn't recommend that because it could potentially allow dirty to damage the drive but I haven't taken it apart yet to see.

Cable:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001E...SY165_QL70&dpPl=1&dpID=21cUb3kXMqL&ref=plSrch

Mini extension adapter:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0023...SX200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=41m6U6gi-+L&ref=plSrch

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone