[VIDEO TUTORIAL]Multiple Video Tutorials on How To Install Android to NAND on the HD2

Search This thread

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
Please vote for this thread to be featured on the front page by clicking the "Vote To Front Page" button above this post! :)

Here is a video tutorial I put together in great quality on how to install the new android NAND ROM with full description. Please share this as well, there are no good tutorials on it yet and I spend a lot of time putting this together.
Please help spread the word about this video and help it get pinned if possible! This new Android ROM is huge and there are no good video tutorials on it yet. I put hours into this tutorial and it will help a lot of people get a better understanding!

IMPORTANT!! Please use this Video Tutorial ALONG with the written guide *HERE* as following just the Video Tutorial may lead you to miss parts of the process that could cause problems later.

If you are having any problems installing MAGLDR or the NAND ROM the fixes for them can be found by clicking here!

MOD EDIT:: Embedded YouTube video fixed!!

Click here to download MAGLDR version 1.11
Click here to download Android NAND ROM

If you want to get back to windows mobile hold down the power and volume bottom. You will see the colors screen. Then you can enter back into windows mobile, by putting a windows rom on your phone.

I will be updating information about battery life as well
I took the phone off the charger this mourning at 8:30 AM (PST) it is now 11:00 AM and I still have a full battery gauge.
It has now been 7 hours and I still have 75% battery life, I think its putting out a lot better then the SD version.
After a total of 18 hours and 47 minutes my phone finally died and lost all battery power, it had a good first run, I used it frequently also, I like the battery power!

Last edited:

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
This is a pretty good tutorial for anyone who needs a visual to go along with the instructions!!!
Thank you! There are no other good tutorials up yet, there are two others but the ones I have seen are in bad quality and don't explain to well. Please help me share the video if you can! Hopefully get this topic pinned, it would be great for the viewers!

Reactions: Dasf77

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
thanks a lot for this
Exactly what i needed, I wouldn't dare install it without a video tutorial!
Awesome! Many people are finding it helpful! Please spread the word about the video if possible, as soon as I there were no good tutorials I knew I had to post one.

Getting a lot of questions on the video! Keep asking and I will help as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dasf77

ricola7

Nov 3, 2009
Hey!
very helpful vid, thx man.

Only thing missing is a comment regarding the needed hspl version (>2.08) and radio version (radio that enables the 576 ram). Maybe just add it in the description.

@all: have fun with android nand

THX COTULLA!!!!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks I will try to add that ASAP. Please share the video!

Hey!
very helpful vid, thx man.

Only thing missing is a comment regarding the needed hspl version (>2.08) and radio version (radio that enables the 576 ram). Maybe just add it in the description.

@all: have fun with android nand

THX COTULLA!!!!

Still trying to add more to the video description and it should be up soon!

The post is doing well, so is the video, rapidly growing in view count, please share the video and get it some more views!

Everything should now be fixed and updated! The video should now be up to date with the description! Everyone enjoy your NAND

For any of those wondering, to check the HardSPL, it displays in the bottom corner when you boot your phone, I have been getting that question a lot and just want to let you guys know!

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
For any of those wondering, to check the HardSPL, it displays in the bottom corner when you boot your phone, I have been getting that question a lot and just want to let you guys know!
Correction, the hspl (or even spl version) DOESN"T show when you boot your phone. The only way to see it is to boot into bootloader mode.

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
Correction, the hspl (or even spl version) DOESN"T show when you boot your phone. The only way to see it is to boot into bootloader mode.
Oh, some other people that were commenting on the video were clearing that up, but that you for the post anyways! Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm testing the NAND right now, just downloaded the xda app from the marketplace, the ROM is really fast

I'm heading off to bed now. If you have any personal messages let me know.

Overnight and it is still working great for me! No lag or slow downs yet.

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
Instructions for adding a build on and running from sd card (via magldr)?

Not to sure what you mean by that? I'm pretty sure I explained it in the video, it has been working for others.

I want to thank mskip for adding the tutorial to his post!

Video is over 3,000 views! Thanks everybody! I think it's starting to get noticed more and more.

Thank you for the PM's everybody! Keep them coming!

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
You do it the same exact way you flash the android ROM, you need to hold the power button to enter MAGLDR and then go into the "USB Flasher" once you have done that you can download any WinMo rom and install it back on your phone! :) Nothing to it.

Am sorry, but can you make another tutorial or even some steps about flashing back to WinMo, in case someone messed thing up?

Reactions: Fishawy

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
I have added information on how to downgrade to windows mobile if you do not want NAND.

Thank you again :)

No problem! Glad I could help!

I am adding information on my battery life I have with the phone, I will be updating it in the post frequently. A lot of people have been asking me about this so I thought it would be a nice add.

Thank you to mskip for posting the link to my tutorial on his thread! Glad to get this great tutorial out there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please vote for this thread to be featured on the front page by clicking the "Vote To Front Page" button above this post! :)

Here is a video tutorial I put together in great quality on how to install the new android NAND ROM with full description. Please share this as well, there are no good tutorials on it yet and I spend a lot of time putting this together.
    Please help spread the word about this video and help it get pinned if possible! This new Android ROM is huge and there are no good video tutorials on it yet. I put hours into this tutorial and it will help a lot of people get a better understanding!

IMPORTANT!! Please use this Video Tutorial ALONG with the written guide *HERE* as following just the Video Tutorial may lead you to miss parts of the process that could cause problems later.

If you are having any problems installing MAGLDR or the NAND ROM the fixes for them can be found by clicking here!

MOD EDIT:: Embedded YouTube video fixed!!

Click here to download MAGLDR version 1.11
    Click here to download Android NAND ROM

If you want to get back to windows mobile hold down the power and volume bottom. You will see the colors screen. Then you can enter back into windows mobile, by putting a windows rom on your phone.

I will be updating information about battery life as well
    I took the phone off the charger this mourning at 8:30 AM (PST) it is now 11:00 AM and I still have a full battery gauge.
    It has now been 7 hours and I still have 75% battery life, I think its putting out a lot better then the SD version.
    After a total of 18 hours and 47 minutes my phone finally died and lost all battery power, it had a good first run, I used it frequently also, I like the battery power!

Noticed that no one had made a video yet showing this installation procedure. So I took the liberty http://www.youtube.com/user/gfurr1 . I know this procedure is very easy but I have seen a lot of people having trouble with this particular method. The original thread for Clockwork Mod Recovery for HD2 is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=898913 BIG THANKS TO RAIDERX303 for making this happen! ALSO COTULLA AND DFT FOR NAND OF COURSE! The CM6.1 [Rom-Zip] used in the video is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=899796
    ok i am new to this nand suff so if i am runing a nand rom do i sill keep the android rom on my sd card or take all that suff off ??

You should've taken the old build out before installing the NAND ROM, because I'm not sure whether your current build throws stuff on SD Card or not. So if you deleted files, they could be related to the NAND build not the older SD one.

I suggest you format the card, then perform a clean NAND installation. That will get you some space, and save you from conflicts & headache.
    Thank you :)
    No problem I am glad my tutorial helped you!

Seems like the video is getting a lot of traffic! Hope that everyone is finding it useful!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone