[VIDEO TUTORIAL]Multiple Video Tutorials on How To Install Android to NAND on the HD2

Search This thread

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
what about europe version HTC HD2 ? is it working?:confused::confused:
Yes
yes i did the steps hold the power butten and enter usb flasher. and its not connecting to my computer
Run as Administrator and uncheck "Allow usb Connections" in Activesync
Do I need a hard spl?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Yes, you need 2.08.hspl
not sure what is the problem: I followed all the steps: got everything you said....hook the USB, and the screen changed from wait USB....to Wait USB....USB
On the computer screen that thing is searching for USB and boomb...I get this below:

Error happen
Read below for more information

Error Description: USB init failed
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (723)

what should I do?
As above
How would i got about installing a new build would i need to unistall my old one? What are the steps?
No need, just boot into magldr screen and select option 4 and the run the daf.exe file of the new rom. It overwrites the existing one.

frater

Aug 10, 2005
I left my Micro-USB cable somewhere and I'm charging my phone with an adapter that has a fixed micro-USB connector.

I think I can flash Mdeejay's 2011 NAND from my SD-card, but I hate to be left in a situation where I really need my USB-cable and I can't go back either.

I'm currently running Darkstone's RAM edition on SD and have HSPL and Maesus' WinMO on NAND.

Can someone confirm (or deny) it's possible to do with only my SD-card?
People that only have Linux machines probably need to do it that way as well... A bit strange to need a Windows machine for loading Android (a competitor of Microsoft's mobile OS).

Download of Mdeejay's just finished, but I will wait for an answer before I start the procedure....

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
I left my Micro-USB cable somewhere and I'm charging my phone with an adapter that has a fixed micro-USB connector.

I think I can flash Mdeejay's 2011 NAND from my SD-card, but I hate to be left in a situation where I really need my USB-cable and I can't go back either.

I'm currently running Darkstone's RAM edition on SD and have HSPL and Maesus' WinMO on NAND.

People that only have Linux machines probably need to do it that way as well... A bit strange to need a Windows machine for loading Android (a competitor of Microsoft's mobile OS).

Download of Mdeejay's just finished, but I will wait for an answer before I start the procedure....

I wish I knew, I am not to sure about that.

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
I got over 75 questions in my YouTube inbox about the NAND video tutorial I made, if one of them is yours please wait for me to get back to you, I also need to get back to the comments.

I finished clearing my inbox if you didn't get a answer back from me try again and i'll make sure I get it! :)

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009

Haven't seen any reference to flashing from sd card for these builds. Good point on the linux bit though ;)
This might be a stupid question but does this rom support the HTC extended battery?
No, there are no kernels currently AFAIK that support EB as yet. The devs are starting to churn them out but haven't seen EB support yet.

srt4cab3

Apr 28, 2010
Please vote for this threat to be featured on the front page by clicking the "Vote To Front Page" button above this post! :)

Here is a video tutorial I put together in great quality on how to install the new android NAND ROM with full description. Please share this as well, there are no good tutorials on it yet and I spend a lot of time putting this together.
Please help spread the word about this video and help it get pinned if possible! This new Android ROM is huge and there are no good video tutorials on it yet. I put hours into this tutorial and it will help a lot of people get a better understanding!

MOD EDIT:: Embedded YouTube video fixed!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvS4EvS0PAw

Click here to download MAGLDR version 1.11
Click here to download Android NAND ROM

If you want to get back to windows mobile hold down the power and volume bottom. You will see the colors screen. Then you can enter back into windows mobile, by putting a windows rom on your phone.

I will be updating information about battery life as well
I took the phone off the charger this mourning at 8:30 AM (PST) it is now 11:00 AM and I still have a full battery gauge.
It has now been 7 hours and I still have 75% battery life, I think its putting out a lot better then the SD version.

"Please vote for this *thread*" not threat...

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
Hey I just installed linux on my machine everybody! I can finally start developing again. Not to good with cell phone, as I do mostly web dev, but I am going to learn! I hope to start developing some android applications.

nkx180

Jun 29, 2010
Cool!

Thats great to hear. Since you've been helping out so much on installing NAND, your applications and/or ROMs must be good too :D

Btw, I've been deciding and still haven't come up on a solution. I have an Android rom which is RAM based on my SD. But i cant decide between SD or NAND. Each has its benefits and consequences. Which one should i pick? If this is in the wrong thread, im sorry and would be glad if you point me in the right direction :eek: :)

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
Thats great to hear. Since you've been helping out so much on installing NAND, your applications and/or ROMs must be good too :D

Btw, I've been deciding and still haven't come up on a solution. I have an Android rom which is RAM based on my SD. But i cant decide between SD or NAND. Each has its benefits and consequences. Which one should i pick? If this is in the wrong thread, im sorry and would be glad if you point me in the right direction :eek: :)

Well I hate windows mobile, too many bugs and such even with roms, I don't really like SD, I would go with NAND! :)

TechBurrow

Sep 20, 2010
This tutorial got me 30 honors on YouTube total! Thanks everyone who has been watching!!! I got all of these honors:

#20 - Most Discussed (Today)) - Education
#101 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Russia
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Germany
#15 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Australia
#103 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Canada
#11 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - United Kingdom
#20 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Ireland
#10 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - India
#27 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - New Zealand
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Israel
#6 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education
#12 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - South Africa
#113 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Argentina
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Spain
#116 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Mexico
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - France
#7 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Italy
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - South Korea
#3 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Netherlands
#12 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Poland
#95 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Brazil
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Russia
#5 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Hong Kong
#42 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Taiwan
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Czech Republic
#30 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Sweden
#132 - Most Viewed (This Week)) - Education - Czech Republic
#24 - Top Favorited (Today)) - Education
#52 - Top Rated (Today)) - Education

Channel is 64th most viewed today in Education! Thanks everyone

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This tutorial got me 30 honors on YouTube total! Thanks everyone who has been watching!!! I got all of these honors:

#20 - Most Discussed (Today)) - Education
#101 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Russia
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Germany
#15 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Australia
#103 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Canada
#11 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - United Kingdom
#20 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Ireland
#10 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - India
#27 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - New Zealand
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Israel
#6 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education
#12 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - South Africa
#113 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Argentina
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Spain
#116 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Mexico
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - France
#7 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Italy
#4 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - South Korea
#3 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Netherlands
#12 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Poland
#95 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Brazil
#1 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Russia
#5 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Hong Kong
#42 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Taiwan
#2 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Czech Republic
#30 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Education - Sweden
#132 - Most Viewed (This Week)) - Education - Czech Republic
#24 - Top Favorited (Today)) - Education
#52 - Top Rated (Today)) - Education

Channel is 64th most viewed today in Education! Thanks everyone

This is just a humble feedback. Thanks to you for assisting in the first place :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please vote for this thread to be featured on the front page by clicking the "Vote To Front Page" button above this post! :)

Here is a video tutorial I put together in great quality on how to install the new android NAND ROM with full description. Please share this as well, there are no good tutorials on it yet and I spend a lot of time putting this together.
    Please help spread the word about this video and help it get pinned if possible! This new Android ROM is huge and there are no good video tutorials on it yet. I put hours into this tutorial and it will help a lot of people get a better understanding!

IMPORTANT!! Please use this Video Tutorial ALONG with the written guide *HERE* as following just the Video Tutorial may lead you to miss parts of the process that could cause problems later.

If you are having any problems installing MAGLDR or the NAND ROM the fixes for them can be found by clicking here!

MOD EDIT:: Embedded YouTube video fixed!!

Click here to download MAGLDR version 1.11
    Click here to download Android NAND ROM

If you want to get back to windows mobile hold down the power and volume bottom. You will see the colors screen. Then you can enter back into windows mobile, by putting a windows rom on your phone.

I will be updating information about battery life as well
    I took the phone off the charger this mourning at 8:30 AM (PST) it is now 11:00 AM and I still have a full battery gauge.
    It has now been 7 hours and I still have 75% battery life, I think its putting out a lot better then the SD version.
    After a total of 18 hours and 47 minutes my phone finally died and lost all battery power, it had a good first run, I used it frequently also, I like the battery power!

Noticed that no one had made a video yet showing this installation procedure. So I took the liberty http://www.youtube.com/user/gfurr1 . I know this procedure is very easy but I have seen a lot of people having trouble with this particular method. The original thread for Clockwork Mod Recovery for HD2 is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=898913 BIG THANKS TO RAIDERX303 for making this happen! ALSO COTULLA AND DFT FOR NAND OF COURSE! The CM6.1 [Rom-Zip] used in the video is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=899796
    ok i am new to this nand suff so if i am runing a nand rom do i sill keep the android rom on my sd card or take all that suff off ??

You should've taken the old build out before installing the NAND ROM, because I'm not sure whether your current build throws stuff on SD Card or not. So if you deleted files, they could be related to the NAND build not the older SD one.

I suggest you format the card, then perform a clean NAND installation. That will get you some space, and save you from conflicts & headache.
    No problem I am glad my tutorial helped you!

Seems like the video is getting a lot of traffic! Hope that everyone is finding it useful!