[VIDEO TUTORIAL]Taking Splash Screen Requests[8/6/2011 OFFICIALLY RETIRED]

Search This thread
K

knowledge561

Just upload the pic you want and I'll make it for ya! Just remember to keep in mind that our screen resolution is 540x960.
Rename the files to PG86IMG.zip and run it in Bootloader and your phone shall handle the rest.

I have now posted a VIDEO TUTORIAL for those that were haveing trouble understand the written tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suOrmAEhkOg

SELF EXPLANATION and TUTORIAL
I have attached the cmd tool to make your very splash screen. I got it after a long search and it was created by "Pof" a retired developer back in 2008. A moment in silence for the help he provided to these boards. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405118

Here is the Stock Splash Screen incase you want to revert back. STOCK SPLASH Shouts out to Rydah805 for hooking it up.
1. Download the nbimg.zip I HAVE ATTACHED IT!!!! That other link is a different version.
2. Extract the nbimg.zip to your desktop. It should create a folder called nbimg and should contain the "nbimg" file and the "android-info" txt file. You can create splash screens for other devices as long as you replace this android-info file with its proper one. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT ANDROID-INFO.TXT FILE FOR YOUR DEVICE. THE ONE I HAVE INCLUDED IS FOR THE HTC EVO 3D
3. Create a blank 540x960 image in photoshop and design it however you like. I usually find a photo on deviantart.com and paste it onto the 540x960 blank image I created.
4. Save the file as "splash1.bmp" and it must be 24-bit.
5. Place the splash1.bmp file in your nbimg folder.
6. Open up your command prompt/terminal by holding down shift and right clicking the nbimg folder and selecting open command window here. It should automatically put you into that folders directory otherwise you will have to "cd /" to it's directory.
7. Type "nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 540 -h 960" into the terminal and press enter. That should create a splash1.bmp.nb file in your nbimg folder.
8. Rename the splash1.bmp.nb file to splash1.img and save it.
9. Add the splash1.img file and android-info.txt file to a zip archive called PG86IMG.zip
10. You should know how to load it into bootloader from this point on.

With that being said, higher res pics will make better quality Splashes. Here is mines for example. Say Hello to Ulquiorra Schiffer, the 4th ESPADA.
5991965992_db9a3da7c2_b.jpg

Attachments

• nbimg.zip
    11 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:
K

knowledge561

Can you make this please and thank you?

It resized it to too small when I uploaded it. I will upload it somewhere and post the right thing.

Rename to PG86IMG, load it in bootloader. You know.

Attachments

• PG86IMG-peekaboo.zip
    131.2 KB · Views: 80

Biofall

Mar 17, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I would love to have a Fallout New Vegas one like shift made me for the OG Evo. The preferably with the MCR Ranger holding the revolver
;) if it said Avery's Shooter I would nerdgasm. PLEASE and thanks

Sent from my beautiful Shooter on the XDA Premium App

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
I would love a clean, professional, custom one for viperROM if someone would like to make it! :D I still need a bootanimation too! My PS skills are OK, some of you are way better than me.

K

knowledge561

I would love to have a Fallout New Vegas one like shift made me for the OG Evo. The preferably with the MCR Ranger holding the revolver
;) if it said Avery's Shooter I would nerdgasm. PLEASE and thanks

Sent from my beautiful Shooter on the XDA Premium App

You know the process. I couldnt find the pistol but I found the sniper version.

Attachments

• PG86IMG-falloutnv.zip
    425.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 793
K

knowledge561

I would love a clean, professional, custom one for viperROM if someone would like to make it! :D I still need a bootanimation too! My PS skills are OK, some of you are way better than me.

Give me some details and I can whip up a splash for ya. As for bootanimations, all we have to do is rename the old 4g zip file to Sprint_bootanimation.zip and they will work. I'm running the custom red cm7 boot right now.

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Give me some details and I can whip up a splash for ya. As for bootanimations, all we have to do is rename the old 4g zip file to Sprint_bootanimation.zip and they will work. I'm running the custom red cm7 boot right now.

Oh sweet, just use your imagination dude for the splash. And I wanted a custom boot animation if someone could make it :D

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone