video wallpaper s10 lock screen doesn't work

Search This thread

Ivymike52

May 10, 2010
Marrara
damn... image wallpaper works, but if i put a video that i downloaded or trying to download a video i show a black screen instead video :(

Last edited:

thekoumi

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks, so i don't know what is the problem. I hoped was Android 10
Try to remember if you have installed an application these last weeks. Maybe this cause the problem. Also if you're using Good Lock's lock star apk check your lock screen wallpaper setup or uninstall it.

finshan

Jan 17, 2018
i noted that my s10 cant display video wallpaper on lock screen at least from 1 week.

did it happen someone else?

Did you ever figure this out? It's doing it to me as well. I can't find an answer anywhere, I'm about to factory reset my phone.

When I first got it, it showed the wallpaper fine. After about a week I noticed it was only showing it very infrequently.

Static and "animation" wallpapers work, but not "video" wallpapers like those included with the phone or ones downloaded through the galaxy store.

finshan

Jan 17, 2018
That issue has disappeared after upgraded firmware and then restored my backup

I solved it on my phone.

It turns out that I had used an ADB command to push the gesture hints bar off the screen (Galaxy S20+).

Code:
./adb shell wm overscan 0,0,0,-42

It's the easiest, best trick ever, because it gives you the full screen but also doesn't have the negative effect of using the option to hide it in the actual settings which causes you to need to swipe in an arch to change apps instead of just swiping left and right. I had to revert it by using the same command but changing the -42 back to a 0.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone