[VIDEOS] Galaxy Tab 3 7in How to root, recovery, roms, & Kitkat

Search This thread

tcarson18

May 16, 2014
I have tried the kingo way but it fails when I try to root my tab 3 t217s. Odin on my pc the window is too big for me to start the process. Trouble even trying to install recovery. Help me please.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

CarvedArt

Aug 4, 2013
I have tried the kingo way but it fails when I try to root my tab 3 t217s. Odin on my pc the window is too big for me to start the process. Trouble even trying to install recovery. Help me please.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Are you on Windows? What do you mean by too big? If you're on Windows and Odin is off the screen you have 3 options... 1) Set your screen resolution higher; 2) hold Shift and right-click the Odin item on the Taskbar, select Move, and use the arrow keys to move Odin into view; or 3) use the Tab key to move through the options and buttons.

Reactions: quijote1

VEll916

Jun 12, 2014

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to be asking for questions but I have a SMT210R with rocket tab 3.1 and my Android firmware is 4.1.2.
I was hoping if their was way to upgrade my androids firmware to 4.2.2? I apologize if this is the wrong place to post a question, I'm new to this site. Thank you.

FASAR

Jun 28, 2013
hope i'm not off topic :(

Hello everyone,

I just bought this tablet, a black coloure SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 SM-T210, with 7 inch display, wifi only.
I've tried to search here if there is any possible way to install the KIDS MODE, WITHOUT root? Do you know if, for example, there is a country that inserted the KIDS mode in this tablets firmware, so i can change the csc and install that countrys region?
I'm keeping it hidden - i want it to be a present for my kid, BUT..i want to install de kids mode before.
Is the any KIDS MOD.apk, or something easy to install, without rooting the tablet, risking the officiall guarantee?
(I have a SAMSUNG GT-i9505, csc DBT Germany, and it has KIDS MOD (not so large with so many apps, like the KIDS MODE dedicated for the Galaxy Tab KIDS tablet), but my kid loves it)

Thak you!

RK KINGKONG

May 26, 2011
Paterson,N.J
@Tomsgt What About Rooting the SM-T2105 Kids Tablet the Yellow one ....? I just want to root and TWRP but no ROM ... Unless its a fully deodex Rom if available ... how do i root this the T-210 way isnt the way for me i tried the tar and root file after and it just stays stuck in recovery / download

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Ok So for the Kids TAB 3 , I had to Google search this which was the only one that worked for me as of 8/21/20014 because the other would cause me to stay stuck in twrp were as with this one i flashed the following from my sd card while in CWM not TWRP which says you install from that screen but never reboots back to rom ... T210.CWM.6.0.4.5.recovery.tar.zip

if you need to recover us stock T2105UEAMI5_T2105XARAMI5_XAR thats the download you will need , i got it from a member here but lost in 30 tabs plus i had opened lmao

i hope i can help someone like me who was lost because everything is for the 210 210R I GOT LUCKY THANKS XDA

Sep 2, 2013
Unlock...

Another forum for this ROM says the device needs to be unlocked before flashing, but I can't see anywhere on how to do that. Even if it doesn't need to be, I was wondering if anyone knew. I don't plan on using a carrier or SIM card right now. I only connect using my school's wifi. I rooted using the All-in-one-root and flashed T217S.CWM.try15.recovery.tar. Everything works fine, I just want to unlock it from Sprint and then check out a few of the custom ROMS out there (mainly THIS one). Appreciate any help.

Just to be clear, here are my device's info:
Software: T217SVPUBNE7
Hardware: T217S.04
Model: SM-T217S
Android: 4.4.2
Baseband: T217SVPUBNE7

Edit: Can mods please delete this post. I meant for it to go in a different thread. Sorry.

Last edited:

riparke

Sep 22, 2014
rural NE
OnePlus 9
Going in circles

Help! Going in circles, followed instructions (have rooted phones before), get no su binary message, flash supersu, supersu is happy but no root. Flashed android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip again then no su binary again. Have flashed back to stock and tried again. Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

model sm-T210R
android 4.4.2
kernel 3.4.5-2364900
build KOT49H.T210RUEUOCNL1

Tomsgt

Help! Going in circles, followed instructions (have rooted phones before), get no su binary message, flash supersu, supersu is happy but no root. Flashed android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip again then no su binary again. Have flashed back to stock and tried again. Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

model sm-T210R
android 4.4.2
kernel 3.4.5-2364900
build KOT49H.T210RUEUOCNL1

flash twrp recovery in odin then flash supersu.zip from twrp recovery and you will have root

riparke

Sep 22, 2014
rural NE
OnePlus 9
Got it to work, used

Odin3 v3.09
philz_touch_6.19.3-lt02wifi.tar
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02
android-armeabi-universal-root-signed
Remove_Bloatwares_GalaxyTab3Wifi

For some reason (must be me) twrp gave me boot loop into recovery or no root. I got rid of bloatware too.

Thanks for your help

Top Liked Posts