• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Viper 4 Android

Search This thread

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah, it looks like my presets are being read fine. However, my DDC presets were not.

I had to use a terminal to cd into /sdcard/Android/data/com.pittvandewitt.viperfx/files/DDC and run "chmod 664 FILENAME.vdc" to get V4A to read the file.

It's a little annoying because V4A didn't throw any errors when it couldn't read the .vdc file, it just accepted the file but didn't read it, and consequently the sound signature didn't change.

Maybe there's a better and more permanent way to fix permissions with V4A?
My friend.. is anyway you could show me how to use that terminal please.
That's the one you are using?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210529-082145.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-082145.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 34

Actaurian

Nov 5, 2018
Guys! Op here. I figured it out! believe it or not there's an easy fix. If you simply install James DSP first. After that, the 2.7.21 DeWitt version of viper for Android will install the drivers and process just fine. Sound goodness is back on this device! Just make sure legacy mode is checked off.
my device is op9pro,oos BA 11.2.5.5 i installed jamesDSP magisk moduel first,then reboot and installed viper fx 2.7.2.1 dewitted version from the magisk store. after rebooted, i opened the viper manager,it still mentioned me to install the driver and reboot,loopppp. Still not working, could any one tell me how to fix it?

nitinvaid

my device is op9pro,oos BA 11.2.5.5 i installed jamesDSP magisk moduel first,then reboot and installed viper fx 2.7.2.1 dewitted version from the magisk store. after rebooted, i opened the viper manager,it still mentioned me to install the driver and reboot,loopppp. Still not working, could any one tell me how to fix it?
i am still trying how to install it
either its going in abnormal mode
or its stuck at installing drivers again and again

nitinvaid

At least you got it installed, I've tried every which way installing JamesDSP and still can't get the drivers to install. The newer versions of Viper have those files in android/data/com.pittvandewitt.viperfx. Same format, different location. Might have to use PC to access the android folder, both the native file manager as well as Mixplorer don't recognize this location.

EDIT: Installed Audio Mod Library first, then JamesDSP, reboot, install Viper (dewitt 2.7.2.1) apk, let it install drivers/Magisk Module and SUCCESS! After moving my viper files to the above location all is well!
i did installed like this but... abnormal mode

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
You might need to change selinux to permissive. Open a terminal app and run
Code:
su -c 'setenforce 0'
Note that change will be reverted after a reboot unless you have a startup script to change it every time.

I'm curious if anyone here has audio mods working with selinux enabled? Both DDPlus and V4A seem to require permissive for me, but I have to remember to enable selinux again before I update OOS or else magisk's "install to inactive slot" option isn't there.

nitinvaid

You might need to change selinux to permissive. Open a terminal app and run
Code:
su -c 'setenforce 0'
Note that change will be reverted after a reboot unless you have a startup script to change it every time.

I'm curious if anyone here has audio mods working with selinux enabled? Both DDPlus and V4A seem to require permissive for me, but I have to remember to enable selinux again before I update OOS or else magisk's "install to inactive slot" option isn't there.
it is on permissive mode using magisk module for that

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
it is on permissive mode using magisk module for that
Did you confirm with the `getenforce` command?
That's all I've done. I already had selinux set to permissive (and startup script to set it each boot) and I already had DDPlus installed (shouldn't affect this at all, I just wanted the EQ). Then I did:
  1. Install Audio Modification Library
  2. Install Ainur Narsil (or JamesDSP should also work)
  3. Reboot
  4. Install V4A FX
  5. Open V4A app and install driver (reboots automatically)
The only thing that doesn't work for me is presets in V4A. Haven't looked into that much.

Reactions: nitinvaid

nitinvaid

That's all I've done. I already had selinux set to permissive (and startup script to set it each boot) and I already had DDPlus installed (shouldn't affect this at all, I just wanted the EQ). Then I did:
  3. Reboot
  4. Install V4A FX
The only thing that doesn't work for me is presets in V4A. Haven't looked into that much.
yea i checked it was enforcing.....

checking now will report

To be honest i am missing on 7Pro already

nitinvaid

3. Reboot
  4. Install V4A FX
Thanks for the reply man
its working now
its really a pain... since evening i am trying

THIS PHONE.....Arghhh

no TWRP
battery is soo bad its drained in 7 hours 3 hours SOT :(

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
battery is soo bad its drained in 7 hours 3 hours SOT :(
If the phone is new it will take a few days for battery optimization to settle down, or at least it did for me. You may want to manually run a dexopt job overnight when your phone will be idle. Run from terminal:
Code:
su -c 'cmd package bg-dexopt-job'

Also consider flashing Omega kernel for significant battery life improvement.

nitinvaid

If the phone is new it will take a few days for battery optimization to settle down, or at least it did for me. You may want to manually run a dexopt job overnight when your phone will be idle. Run from terminal:
Code:
su -c 'cmd package bg-dexopt-job'

Also consider flashing Omega kernel for significant battery life improvement.
Omega kernel okay then but....we dont have twrp so how gonna flash
let me try what does that command do tho?

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Use EX Kernel Manager or Franco KM. See the Omega thread in this forum for more info.

For info about the dexopt process, see this post. Android does it automatically after a system update, but it may be interrupted by rebooting, etc. It's best to let this process run overnight (while idle) after a major update or on a new device in order to optimize battery and performance.

Reactions: nitinvaid

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
  3. Reboot
  4. Install V4A FX
Yeap.. still haven't figured out how to make my presets work. Looks like v4a has no permission to read folders.... Because I can't even save my v4a settings.

nitinvaid

Use EX Kernel Manager or Franco KM. See the Omega thread in this forum for more info.

For info about the dexopt process, see this post. Android does it automatically after a system update, but it may be interrupted by rebooting, etc. It's best to let this process run overnight (while idle) after a major update or on a new device in order to optimize battery and performance.
Thanks for everything.
Flashed the kernel will see how it goes.
And what I want to come back to stock kernel? Last thing to ask

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for everything.
Flashed the kernel will see how it goes.
And what I want to come back to stock kernel? Last thing to ask
You can return by flashing the boot.img for your version of OOS (see the pinned post if you don't already have it). In the future you can also make a backup of stock kernel before flashing a custom one, so you can just flash back anytime.

ivigneshwaran

Jun 11, 2019
mumbai
OnePlus 9 Pro
I recently got the OnePlus 9 pro. I also have a Galaxy S21 ultra. using seLinux permissive v2 and audio modification library modules, it was possible to install viper for Android on the S21 ultra. on this 9 Pro however, absolutely nothing is working. I tried both versions of viper, the Ichigo kurosaki version, and the as well as the 2.7.2.1 Dewitt version.

Absolutely nothing works. Has anyone found a way to successfully install the drivers and get this to work on the 9 pro?
That's sad. Works well for me

May 6, 2021
Earth's core
OnePlus 9
I recently got the OnePlus 9 pro. I also have a Galaxy S21 ultra. using seLinux permissive v2 and audio modification library modules, it was possible to install viper for Android on the S21 ultra. on this 9 Pro however, absolutely nothing is working. I tried both versions of viper, the Ichigo kurosaki version, and the as well as the 2.7.2.1 Dewitt version.

Absolutely nothing works. Has anyone found a way to successfully install the drivers and get this to work on the 9 pro?
even i faced the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the instructions guys! I'm having some issues though, here's what I did:

1. Install Audio Modification Library v4.0 from Magisk
    2. Install JamesDSP Manager v3.4 from Magisk
    3. Reboot
    4. Install ViPER4Android FX v2.7.2.1 from Magisk
    5. Open V4A and let the driver install, rebooted

However, when trying to play Spotify to my WH-1000XM3 bluetooth headphones, V4A says "Processing" in notifications, but I can see "Enabled: No" and "Status: Abnormal" in the app, and none of the effects are working. I tried Legacy Mode to no avail.

Any ideas? :)
    XM3 use LDAC codec which is not supported by v4a, try switching it to aac or sbc in Sony headphones app , AptX is also supported , after doing this force close v4a app and open it again.
    It should work after this ( don't use legacy mode)
    Is that as good as Viper?
    I've been using it since I couldn't get V4A to work on OP8P, its easy to install and working great. It's not as extensive as V4A but does a good job in sound processing.
    Guys! Op here. I figured it out! believe it or not there's an easy fix. If you simply install James DSP first. After that, the 2.7.21 DeWitt version of viper for Android will install the drivers and process just fine. Sound goodness is back on this device! Just make sure legacy mode is checked off.
    There is a viper4android11 that I've been using on 8pro without issue. It was posted after the update to 11 and reg Viper wasn't working, I wonder if that would work for you. It's here on XDA.
    You're talking about the Ichigo kurosaki version. That one doesn't work on the 9 Pro that was the first one I tried.