Viper4Android alternative

Search This thread

nobrain3000

Sep 21, 2010
need help. Viper4Android installed and working via Magisk. As soon as I am on the home screen, it switches off in the background. If I start viper4android it runs again immediately. Now the strange... When I start the browser, for example, viper is running. Music runs in the background. Except on the home screen. When the screen turns off, viper is off again. What could be the reason for this?
Have you excluded v4a from power management and allowed to run in the background? Are you on exynos or on snapdragon?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G988N mit Tapatalk

RXBeat

Mar 26, 2012
Hamburg
On Exynos. Im searching now for the settings but wich Power settings mean? Akku/Battery Settings ? Never standby? Not working.
No matter which app I launch, suddenly Viper's on. Only on the home screen does it shut down. Installed it as a system app, too, and it didn't work. As soon as my screen goes off, it's back off.

nyr2k2

Sep 19, 2012
Washington, DC
I use Black Player, which is great. The equalizer is good and has an amplifier feature, which is nice, particularly if you're not a fan of sound boosting apps that run in the background perpetually.

bpears10

Apr 19, 2020
my device sm-g9860 snapdragon model (rooted) doesnt work :(

my step is
1. install v4a apk
2. install magisk module -> Audio Modification Library
3. reboot
4. disable Audio Modification Library
5. open v4a and install v4a driver
6. reboor again

it works on my sm-g9860 snapdragon model :good:

Reactions: chrisss5000

chrisss5000

Mar 12, 2015
Hi , I have unlocked bootloader and rooted, installed magisk. I cannot install Viper4android 2.7.1.6, it fails, even tho su prompt for ROOT.

Sorry now it works completly fine. I didnt understood at the first when I installed the latest Viper4android via magisk that you had to manually download and install Viper4android 2.7.1.6 apk. The sound is on a whole new level. I do not understand why android phones dont include rhis kind of sofrware in there phones... ?

Last edited:
Reactions: nobrain3000

nobrain3000

Sep 21, 2010
Hi , I have unlocked bootloader and rooted, installed magisk. I cannot install Viper4android 2.7.1.6, it fails, even tho su prompt for ROOT.

Sorry now it works completly fine. I didnt understood at the first when I installed the latest Viper4android via magisk that you had to manually download and install Viper4android 2.7.1.6 apk. The sound is on a whole new level. I do not understand why android phones dont include rhis kind of sofrware in there phones... [emoji102]
Are you on exy or snapdragon?

chrisss5000

Mar 12, 2015
Are you on exy or snapdragon?

Exy unfortunately. I know about the performance difference between them. It works real good and have good performance. Battery life tho isnt that good, even tho I use it on 60hz with powersaving, only decreased CPU. For normal day use I do not feel that the cpu only using 70% capacity.

Reactions: nobrain3000

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Poweramp.
Rock solid, very customizable and simply the best hard disk music server I ever used. All settings and playlists can be 100% backed up*. Have over 6000 .wav files and after 2 reloads Poweramp successfully rescaned the music library in less then 2 minutes and restored the settings and playlists like nothing ever happened. Saved me dozens of hours of time and cursing... how sweet it is.
One of my few paid for apks.

*make sure you export latest backup to the SD card, email, computer, cloud or all. One of my few Adroid apks that allows for a full settings backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitis1

Knxed_

Oct 14, 2015
N/A
I lost interest in rooting recently. As I just realised all the stuff I want is already on One UI but I'm kinda kicking myself now cause I tripped knox and I wanted to use Samsung pay. But Viper4android is the one thing is really miss on root. I've been using this app called Minimal Equalizer-Volume Boost does semi replace viper but it does the job I like it so far.

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.eypcnn.minimalequalizer

Mitis1

Sep 15, 2013
Paris
On Exynos. Im searching now for the settings but wich Power settings mean? Akku/Battery Settings ? Never standby? Not working.
No matter which app I launch, suddenly Viper's on. Only on the home screen does it shut down. Installed it as a system app, too, and it didn't work. As soon as my screen goes off, it's back off.

If you still have issues, try to disable /freeze SoundAlive and Sound Assistant apps

vtec303

Poweramp.
Rock solid, very customizable and simply the best hard disk music server I ever used. All settings and playlists can be 100% backed up*. Have over 6000 .wav files and after 2 reloads Poweramp successfully rescaned the music library in less then 2 minutes and restored the settings and playlists like nothing ever happened. Saved me dozens of hours of time and cursing... how sweet it is.
One of my few paid for apks.

*make sure you export latest backup to the SD card, email, computer, cloud or all. One of my few Adroid apks that allows for a full settings backup.
yes I agree power amp is the best of the best I have been using it from many years but the thing is power amp can't effect the system wide sound e.g while playing YouTube or Netflix power amp won't enhance the sound from other apps whereas viper can that's why its more practical than just a music player, cheers

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
yes I agree power amp is the best of the best I have been using it from many years but the thing is power amp can't effect the system wide sound e.g while playing YouTube or Netflix power amp won't enhance the sound from other apps whereas viper can that's why its more practical than just a music player, cheers

Sound Q is ok for internet trash and movies; they frequently blow out the bass way too much anyway. Support for music vids would be nice to have though... oh, well. Not a deal breaker.

I wouldn't trust any other player with my music database as I share the mods on it with my PC and most of the backups. Even a minor screwup be costly in time to repair. Poweramp at this point is stable and fully vetted. No issues... I trust it with the database and well as my playlists which are extensive. Playlists and the database stay perfectly synced after a reload.

It's DPS engine, equalizer, etc are second to none on the Android platform for a stock Android. It's the best sounding one and the equalizer is over the top especially. If you have a high-res music database, this is the player to use. After the recent Buds+ firmware update Poweramp's equalizer presets are really showcasing this player's great throughput and low distortion sound shaping capabilities. The Buds+ need this... it makes a huge difference.
Lol I prefer my sound profiles over AGK's; just what their drivers needed.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone