Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

spiral777

Oct 21, 2011
Chicago
Nexus 6
Google Pixel
Viper4Android for Android Nougat is out but after installing it I realized that MusicFX is still present in my ROM and V4A is not working inside all apps.
So I have created this simple Viper4Android Cleaner script to take care of that.

I have tested this on all Nougat ROM available right now and it's working very well. The script will remove MusicFX, AudioFX, SoundFX or DSPManager.
Also in order to make V4A working inside any app, audio_effects.conf and audio_policy.conf needed to be replaced.

In short all you need to do is flash it in TWRP before or after V4A installation.After when you boot up there is no need to update driver anymore.
It's all done, just turn that switch ON in V4A app and enjoy your favorite tunes.

ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5_guitardedhero.zip can be found here.

Worked great thank you

Reactions: Emilius
Sep 18, 2017
Working fine on Moto G5s Plus

Spent entire day to make Viper work but it kept giving errors for busybox. Followed so many threads, so many apps to install busybox, so many workarounds but none worked. Finally your script fixed it and Viper is working fine now. Thanks a lot mate!

ProRules

Jun 16, 2015
Had to bumb this.
THANKS YOU SO MUCH!
2 things:
First, this cleaner works like a charm.
Second thing, you have provided a link to a viper that comes with the drives installed thank you so much, i had a problem with the driver installation with some i/o error.

Bumped so others can see this thread, gj man much appreciated!

Addicted2Bass

Sep 30, 2012
it was a struggle to get v4a working again, this helped fix the driver install problem! :)

Big thx for this zip file!

Last edited:

roboprint

Jan 8, 2011
Warsaw
Viper4Android for Android Nougat is out but after installing it I realized that MusicFX is still present in my ROM and V4A is not working inside all apps.
So I have created this simple Viper4Android Cleaner script to take care of that.
I have tested this on all Nougat ROM available right now and it's working very well. The script will remove MusicFX, AudioFX, SoundFX or DSPManager.
Also in order to make V4A working inside any app, audio_effects.conf and audio_policy.conf needed to be replaced.
In short all you need to do is flash it in TWRP before or after V4A installation.After when you boot up there is no need to update driver anymore.
It's all done, just turn that switch ON in V4A app and enjoy your favorite tunes.
Your cleaner is good but in HTC U 11 destroy good cooperation between phone and BT car set and BT headphones. After using cleaner I can't starts talk in the car. Its delay about 10 sec in voice transfer. In my opinion its not necessary to replace both file audio_policy.conf and audio_effects.conf this is enough just to change a name only one file audio_policy.conf.bak and everything works like a charm.

Emilius

Feb 25, 2011
Earth
Your cleaner is good but in HTC U 11 destroy good cooperation between phone and BT car set and BT headphones. After using cleaner I can't starts talk in the car. Its delay about 10 sec in voice transfer. In my opinion its not necessary to replace both file audio_policy.conf and audio_effects.conf this is enough just to change a name only one file audio_policy.conf.bak and everything works like a charm.

I don't have Nexus 6 anymore and I can not test it bat this is easy fixable. So you are saying that only audio_policy.conf need to be replaced? It is easy to edit this script and take one or two lines out. I have OnePlus 5 now with ARM 64 processor and I have no need for cleaner anymore. I simply use ARISE+Deuteronomy+2.94+Modular+AROMA+Installer and it's working great for me.

Let me know if you like me to edit the script.

roboprint

Jan 8, 2011
Warsaw
I don't have Nexus 6 anymore and I can not test it bat this is easy fixable. So you are saying that only audio_policy.conf need to be replaced? It is easy to edit this script and take one or two lines out. I have OnePlus 5 now with ARM 64 processor and I have no need for cleaner anymore. I simply use ARISE+Deuteronomy+2.94+Modular+AROMA+Installer and it's working great for me.
Let me know if you like me to edit the script.
IF You can make the version light of this script - just rename audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.conf.bak. in /vendor/etc/ without touching audio_policy.conf will be great. Or just check attached file its correct one?:)

Attachments

• V4A_Cleaner_Light_v1_0_Android_7x.zip
    145.6 KB · Views: 99

sk1rge

Dec 27, 2012
Pixel 3
Thank you so much!

Reporting in because this fixed my problem when V4A could not install its driver on OREO (Oneplus 2 on Lineage 15.0 beta).

linux.dude

May 10, 2016
thank you for the excellent work. i did unfortunately lose audio in/out while placing calls and had to restore a backup. however, i did thoroughly enjoy having viper4android function as it should. any idea on how i could correct this? any input would be much appreciated.

many thanks

dbaldock9

Feb 27, 2013
Houston
A little over a year ago, I wiped my Nexus 5 & Nexus 7 (2013), and updated them both to CM13 (Android 6.0.1), and during the rooting, installing Xposed Framework, and other things, I was also updating Viper4Android. Somehow, I managed to mess up the installations (by trying a couple of different procedures, without completely backing out in-between), so that Viper4Android would install, but not process audio. I did have the /system/su.d/permissive.sh script running at boot, to set SELinux to Permissive, so that wasn't the issue with the driver not processing. At around the same time, I rooted my Onkyo DP-X1 DAP, and was able to install Viper4Android on it, so that it does process the audio.
Tonight, I decided to try your Viper4Android_Cleaner_v1_3_Android_7x script on my Android 6.0.1 devices, and it worked! When I reinstalled Viper4Android, it runs and processes audio on both the Nexus 5 phone & Nexus 7 tablet.

Thanks for the cleanup script!

Godfall

Nov 28, 2014
Cabanatuan City
Hi, I just installed Lineage OS 15.1 recently, and I'm trying to reinstall V4A on my phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X.
I'm, using Magisk on my previous ROM which is MIUI, and V4A works.

Now, I can't seem to install Magisk and rooted my phone via SuperSU,
Root Checker verifies that the root is installed correctly,

But after using the cleaner and flashed the V4A_guitardedhero, on opening the app, it prompts to install the driver, and after tapping ok, it says that the phone is not rooted.

"ViPERFX

Driver install failed: V4A couldn't acquire root permission. Please confirm your device has been rooted."

Any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I heard about the Viper recently just 2 days ago..I just rooted my phone nexus 6 yesterday..Can anyone explain me how to install the Viper4android in my nexus 6 with detailed steps if possible..thank you so much in advance..

1. Grap ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5_guitardedhero.zip and Viper4Android Cleaner from first post
    2. boot in TWRP
    3. Flash Viper4Android Cleaner
    4. Flash ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5_guitardedhero
    5. Reboot
    6. Open Viper app and turn it ON
    Hi ! Will work on a Nexus 6p ?

It should. Make a backup and try. I don't have 6P but I did it in Oneplus X and it is working as is should.
    I also just added My Viper profile in firs post if anyone like to try it. Extract it to internal storage/Viper4Androd/Profile folder and load it up with Viper app :good:
    That is couple years old profile and I have fine tune it so many times...
    Hi mate, this script also uninstalls ViPERAtmos? Do you think it works in N5X? Thanks

No, the script will not remove old versions of viper or any other viper combinations. There is just to many files for me to track. This is meant to be for fresh ROM installations, to remove default effects and make ROM ready for V4A.

N5X should be okay but I don't have that device so I can not test it.