Question Viper4Android drivers install in loop

Search This thread

V0ltan

May 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A10
Hello, I'm on Android12 (EvolutionX) and I've seen people have this problem, But I can't fix the problem, any idea please?
Screenshot_20220609-134616_ViPER4Android FX.png

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hello, I'm on Android12 (EvolutionX) and I've seen people have this problem, But I can't fix the problem, any idea please? View attachment 5633897
I had the same problem with my Mi 11 Lite 5G NE, tried various guides, no luck

Finally I made V4A working for me the following way:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ndroid-10-11-12-devices.4213647/post-86870983

However, I'm on stock and MIUI 12.5.8/A11 - you can try does the same work for your custom ROM A12

V0ltan

May 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A10

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
It doesn't work at all, I put the new post-fs-data.sh as you gave, and still the same, any idea?
Read my post there, what I was looking for, how I found what changes I needed to apply to the sh file. Seems you have now different folders with audio drivers, etc

guardian_uk

Apr 16, 2007
I used these instructions on both xiaomi.eu and now PixelOS, Viper4Android works perfectly.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I used these instructions on both xiaomi.eu and now PixelOS, Viper4Android works perfectly.

Btw, did your phone come or you upgraded to MIUI 13/A12?

Also, you used Xiaomi.eu ROM (Weekly or Stable) with A12?

I'm asking bcs I'm curious, you are quoting to my post for (stock) MIUI 12.5.8/A12 for Lisa, I'd like to know does it work for A12 as well (potentially different folders for audio drivers)

guardian_uk

Apr 16, 2007
@zgfg

Phone came with MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, I upgraded it to MIUI 13 / Android 12. Battery life was pathetic on stock for me, so unlocked and flashed the stable xiaomi.eu ROM.

Moved to an AOSP ROM (PixelOS) a week back because I prefer stock Android any day. Battery life is far better than even xiaomi.eu.

But I was able to successfully install Viper4Android on both xiaomi.eu and now PixelOS using these instructions. Although there is one additional step I did which is not mentioned here. I manually copied the audio_effects.xml file to all the locations mentioned in the instructions. You need to copy over the xml file which has v4a_fx mentioned inside the file after the copyright section. It is also the larger size file (7.93 KB for me). Unfortunately I don't remember where this file is originally stored for you to copy it. But you can search for it using a file manager that supports root. You need to copy this file to the locations mentioned after installing Viper plus the driver and rebooting for the first time.

Also make sure that all other audio mods like AudioFX, Dolby Atmos, etc are not installed before installing Viper. I am aware of Audio Modification Library which integrates multiple audio mods, however I have never used it. I suppose it will be even more difficult to install Viper with AML. I could be wrong though. Anyway, for me Viper is enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: zgfg

Morretz

Apparently the problem is with the atom kernel, I say this because I installed the same OS on my two devices (Alioth and Lisa), on Alioth SuperiorOS uses n0kernel, on Lisa it uses atom kernel, and in Alioth a simple installation of the module audio modification library + V4A already worked, a pity that the same does not happen in Lisa, the same already happened in Evox.
Does anyone know which pixelOS kernel it uses?
I'm seriously thinking about going back to Memeui with Lisa, my last attempt will be AOSPA which apparently doesn't use atom kernel.

Dec 21, 2020
dude.. i need help
i use Samsung Galaxy A50 and CRDroid Custom ROM Android 11,
i have installed Viper4Android. when i use loud speaker. it worked very well, but when i play with my earphone plugged in.. driver status said processing : no

can you guys help me please?? thanks.. pardon my english :)

Attachments

• photo_2022-06-27_23-04-00.jpg
    photo_2022-06-27_23-04-00.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo_2022-06-27_23-04-06.jpg
    photo_2022-06-27_23-04-06.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5

guardian_uk

Apr 16, 2007
@unsavorypinkie

I also face this problem once in a while. Try toggling Legacy Mode on and off. You can also force close the app playing audio and Viper and then first open Viper, then your music app and resume playback. It should start processing again.

guardian_uk

Apr 16, 2007
Then paer
sadly it's still didnt work processing is still no.. but thanks dude for the tips.. maybe it'll help in the future
Then perhaps it could be due to the audio_effects.xml file. The file found in /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc has to be copied over to /vendor/etc and /vendor/etc/audio/inside whatever folder you have there. For me on a 11 Lite NE 5G it is SKU_YUPIK.

The file in the original location (/data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc) must have v4a_fx mentioned in it. You can search within the file for it to confirm. It is after the copyright section.

After all this is done, restart and you should be good. Also ensure Legacy Mode is enabled and Compatibility Mode is disabled. If all else fails, try starting from scratch using the instructions by user "zgfg" that I linked to.

If it still doesn't work, then I'm sorry, I really don't know. Hope you can get it running though. The difference Viper makes is really like night and day!

Dec 21, 2020
Then paer

Then perhaps it could be due to the audio_effects.xml file. The file found in /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc has to be copied over to /vendor/etc and /vendor/etc/audio/inside whatever folder you have there. For me on a 11 Lite NE 5G it is SKU_YUPIK.

The file in the original location (/data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc) must have v4a_fx mentioned in it. You can search within the file for it to confirm. It is after the copyright section.

After all this is done, restart and you should be good. Also ensure Legacy Mode is enabled and Compatibility Mode is disabled. If all else fails, try starting from scratch using the instructions by user "zgfg" that I linked to.

If it still doesn't work, then I'm sorry, I really don't know. Hope you can get it running though. The difference Viper makes is really like night and day!
that folder you mentioned is empty, and i've tried to search with my root explorer. unfortunately i don't have audio_effects.xml file on my phone.. how can i solve this sir?? can i download it from the internet??

EDIT : i have found it sir.. i have copied that file from data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/edc to vendor/etc but i don't have folder named audio inside but i have folder called dolby

Last edited:

guardian_uk

Apr 16, 2007
Sorry, I have no idea then. What I do know is Viper will not work with existing audio mods so you'll have to remove/disable those. There is a Magisk module for multiple audio mods, but I have never used it.

That yupik folder is specific to a 11 Lite NE. I have two other phones, they don't have a yupik folder in them. But they are also running Android 11, which is easier to get Viper working on compared to Android 12.

You'll have to research how to get it working specifically for your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @zgfg

Phone came with MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, I upgraded it to MIUI 13 / Android 12. Battery life was pathetic on stock for me, so unlocked and flashed the stable xiaomi.eu ROM.

Moved to an AOSP ROM (PixelOS) a week back because I prefer stock Android any day. Battery life is far better than even xiaomi.eu.

But I was able to successfully install Viper4Android on both xiaomi.eu and now PixelOS using these instructions. Although there is one additional step I did which is not mentioned here. I manually copied the audio_effects.xml file to all the locations mentioned in the instructions. You need to copy over the xml file which has v4a_fx mentioned inside the file after the copyright section. It is also the larger size file (7.93 KB for me). Unfortunately I don't remember where this file is originally stored for you to copy it. But you can search for it using a file manager that supports root. You need to copy this file to the locations mentioned after installing Viper plus the driver and rebooting for the first time.

Also make sure that all other audio mods like AudioFX, Dolby Atmos, etc are not installed before installing Viper. I am aware of Audio Modification Library which integrates multiple audio mods, however I have never used it. I suppose it will be even more difficult to install Viper with AML. I could be wrong though. Anyway, for me Viper is enough.