• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ViPER4Android FX Legacy/XHiFI [Unity][Deprecated]

Search This thread

sub7even

Oct 29, 2010
Sarawak
I have installed and everything looks OK! the driver everything looks okay as well, but the driver status "Processing: No" while playing the music and i don't hear any changes on the sound, am i doing thigs right on the installation?! I'm using OnePlus3 running with RR Rom with Magisk

PraneethMv

May 30, 2015
Hyderabad
hey,
Flashed V4A , but it doesnt open. It FCs. I'm on Lenovo K4 note RR OS 5.8.3 and Magisk v13.1(Stable). Removed all other mods (Dolby, AM3D, even AudioModLib), but no help. :(

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I have installed and everything looks OK! the driver everything looks okay as well, but the driver status "Processing: No" while playing the music and i don't hear any changes on the sound, am i doing thigs right on the installation?! I'm using OnePlus3 running with RR Rom with Magisk

Have you tried this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72976454&postcount=316

Until the module is updated that's a possible workaround (works for me).

hey,
Flashed V4A , but it doesnt open. It FCs. I'm on Lenovo K4 note RR OS 5.8.3 and Magisk v13.1(Stable). Removed all other mods (Dolby, AM3D, even AudioModLib), but no help. :(

If you're using the module from this thread you should not remove Audmodlib. It's what makes it tick...

kongha

Sep 23, 2014
Thank you.
Works well with Magisk 13.1 and Moto x pure LineageOS 14.1

What I did.
a) Install Magisk 13.1
b) selinux android app and set it to permissive
c) Install v4afx_v1.4.zip

Thank you once again. Its a blast to finally have some good audio :)

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
How did you managed to get permissions changed? I tried several ways and could not change /magisk/.core/service.d/audmodlib.sh permissions to 755 :(

Most root capable file explorers could do that, or in a terminal emulator:
Code:
su
chmod 755 /magisk/.core/service.d/audmodlib.sh

MStrawder

Aug 19, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Oddly enough on my V20, I'm good for one round of music before it won't process. After reboot, I can play music through headset, BT or speaker no problem. If I disconnect BT (i.e. my wireless headset or radio), no longer processes to any output until I reboot. Running Magisk v13 and this Viper module. Did the seinject modifications, build.prop changes and permission changes.

Whitehart782

Sep 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
I can do the terminal emulator change permissions.....anyone please direct me where to find the spot and how to do the injection part please? I have searched and searched and am sure it is right under my nose but I just can't find it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deprecated - Use the New ViPER4Android v2.7:
    GO TO THE THREAD LINKED ABOVE. You don't need to flash any zips. Just install it as a regular apk, allow it to install the drivers, and you're good to go.
    For magisk users: I made a zip on the repo that includes the original vdc's and my profile converter (will convert your old profiles to the new and better format).
    For rootless users: I made a zip to install drivers and such
    Zips can be found here
    ALL SUPPORT QUESTIONS FOR 2.7 SHOULD BE AT THE THREAD ABOVE.

This is ViPER4Android FX and Xhifi Unity installers

These installers utilize my Unified installer that can install on Magisk OR System if Magisk is not detected (with Pixel support).

Credits of Originality:
    - @zhuhang (Official Thread)
    - @Osm0sis
    - Viper's Audio (Official blog)
    - @ViPER520
    - @Team_DeWitt

Special Instructions:
    • If you already know which original v4a you want to use, just add 'old' for 2.3.4.0, 'mid' for 2.4.0.1, 'new' for 2.5.0.5, or 'mat' for material to the zipname prior to flashing.
    • If you already know if you want it installed as a user or system app, add "uapp" for user app or "sapp" to system app to zipname.
    • If you already know if you want to apply the libstdc++.so lib workaround, add "lib" or "nlib" to zipname (note that there are some devices that are already known to require it and so they'll apply workaround regardless of choice)
    • If you already know if your device/rom requires the v4a open/close/fc audioserver workaround, add "ocw" to zipname. Otherwise, add "nocw" to zipname
    • To skip volkeys (if your device isn't compatible with them), add "novk" to the zipname. Note that if you don't specify the above, defaults will be applied which are: sapp, new
    • Make sure there are no spaces in the zipname

Audio Mod Troubleshooting Guide

Downloads

XDA:DevDB Information
    ViPER4Android FX Legacy/XHiFI [Unity], App for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
    ahrion, Zackptg5

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v4.4
    Stable Release Date: 2019-08-11

Created 2019-01-18
    Last Updated 2020-01-01
    Updated V4A to v1.6.4! Changelog: Unity 1.5.2 update, add AML detection/notification for noobs, update old material to latest repo version (no longer trips play protect, uses switches like original 2.5 v4a, lots of other improvements)
    Updated v4a to v4.0! Changelog:
    * Fix boot script once and for all
    * Don't prompt for lib workaround if device that needs it
    * Get rid of aroma option
    * Update to Unity v4.0
    Been busy with my new mod specific stuff and then work. The problem is that I have to update like 13ish update binaries because this new Magisk changed quite a bit. Usually I just do batch editing which allows me to make changes in minutes. This will take like a good days worth of work for one of my days off.

It's not just for this mod though. Thank you for your patience.
    V4A has been updated! Changelog: Updated to unity v1.5.5