General Viper4Android - Pixel 6 Pro - how to? [Root/magisk only]

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
? for everyone who has it "working":

a) do you have to enable compatibility or legacy?

and if not

b) is it stable, or does the status go to abnormal after X number of songs, etc?

I've tried every method out there and since Android 10 I haven't gotten V4A to work consistently without enabling compatability, and I don't want keep beating my head against the wall if compatability mode is the only stable option.
The method I am currently using

1. installing V4A, opening and letting drivers install (automatic reboot)
2. manually editing post-fs-data.sh
3. reboot (then wait ~20 seconds before doing anything)
4. then going into V4A and enabling legacy mode

works "reliable" - meaning once it kicks in, it doesn't stop working after a number of songs. Compatibility is not necessary.

HOWEVER as mentioned above, v4a is currently limited to 48kHz/330 kbps via bluetooth (meaning I need to change this setting (kHz) in developer options EVERY time I want to use v4a with an LDAC headphone (HD audio does not need to be toggled off), otherwise it's going "abnormal" (it's a hassle, especially since there is no easy shortcut to developer options. Anyone have an idea here? How to create a shortcut into developer options?) + I need to manually force stop + open V4A every time I activate my bluetooth headphones, otherwise v4a will not process. But - as mentioned - once V4A "works", it will not stop working - until I turn bluetooth off/remove my headphones.

Last edited:

works "reliable" - meaning once it kicks in, it doesn't stop working after a number of songs. Compatibility is not necessary.

HOWEVER as mentioned above, v4a is currently limited to 48kHz/330 kbps via bluetooth (meaning I need to change this setting (kHz) in developer options EVERY time I want to use v4a with an LDAC headphone (HD audio does not need to be toggled off), otherwise it's going "abnormal" (it's a hassle, especially since there is no easy shortcut to developer options. Anyone have an idea here? How to create a shortcut into developer options?) + I need to manually force stop + open V4A every time I activate my bluetooth headphones, otherwise v4a will not process. But - as mentioned - once V4A "works", it will not stop working - until I turn bluetooth off/remove my headphones.
For shortcut to developer options, I utilize an app called Shortcutter. Add a quick setting tile. Fourth tile down left column.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-080647.png
    Screenshot_20220102-080647.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Morgrain

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
For shortcut to developer options, I utilize an app called Shortcutter. Add a quick setting tile. Fourth tile down left column.
I assume you mean "Shortcutter - Quick settings, Shortcuts & Widgets by LeeDrOiD Apps"?

I ask since there is also a Settings Shortcutter app by Anti-gravity solutionz & several other Shortcut (not -er) apps.

Where did you enable developer settings for a tile?

If I open the app and go into Pull-Down (top bar), I can't find developer options in any of the tile lists (Advanced Access Tiles, System Setting Tiles, Information Tiles, Action Tiles, Shortcutter Micro Apps & Services nor can't I find/program that in Custom Tiles (if I go into Choose Function -> Shortcut -> Settings shortcut it will not give me the option for developer options, same as the ordinary Google settings).

Edit: nvm - found it myself in Pull-Down -> Custom Tiles -> Shortcut -> Shortcutter Shortcuts -> Install a shortcut -> Developer options

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I can now open developer options right from my home menu!

Last edited:
Reactions: phaino00
I assume you mean "Shortcutter - Quick settings, Shortcuts & Widgets by LeeDrOiD Apps"?

I ask since there is also a Settings Shortcutter app by Anti-gravity solutionz & several other Shortcut (not -er) apps.

Where did you enable developer settings for a tile?

If I open the app and go into Pull-Down (top bar), I can't find developer options in any of the tile lists (Advanced Access Tiles, System Setting Tiles, Information Tiles, Action Tiles, Shortcutter Micro Apps & Services nor can't I find/program that in Custom Tiles (if I go into Choose Function -> Shortcut -> Settings shortcut it will not give me the option for developer options, same as the ordinary Google settings).

Edit: nvm - found it myself in Pull-Down -> Custom Tiles -> Shortcut -> Shortcutter Shortcuts -> Install a shortcut -> Developer options

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I can now open developer options right from my home menu!
Sorry about that. I should have clarified. Glad you found it.

GuinnessX

Jan 4, 2014
DC
Google Pixel 6
[...]
Isn't this limitation inherent to the V4A driver? I don't remember the exact spec limitations I read, but the JamesDSP dev cited them as a reason for his work. As far as I can tell, JamesDSP is fully working without any limitations, and it handles all of the same convolvers, DDC files, etc. that V4A does... What are you expecting from V4A that you can't get from JamesDSP?

Last edited:

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Isn't this limitation inherent to the V4A driver? I don't remember the exact spec limitations I read, but the JamesDSP dev cited them as a reason for his work. As far as I can tell, JamesDSP is fully working without any limitations, and it handles all of the same convolvers, DDC files, etc. that V4A does... What are you expecting from V4A that you can't get from JamesDSP?
Viper does limit processing to 48 kHz - but that was never a problem in the past, meaning if you had paired viper with a device that went 96 kHz, it didn't cause any problems. It just "only" processed 48 kHz - now v4a will stop functioning at all if I pair it with a device CAPABLE of more than 48 kHz (except if I manually lower these settings in developer options). In addition to that, it seems that ANY LDAC capable device is breaking V4A as of now (since they naturally support more than 48 kHz).

I tried out JamesDSP extensively today and can't get it to work properly. If I use the same files (custom IRS(DDC), Convolver), I get a crackling sound whenever I get "bright" vocals (for example Luciano Pavarotti, Nessun Dorma in 24-bit/96 kHz). It seems to be somehow connected to my specific choice of a Convolver (TubeAmplifier & Technics Preamp Extreme v.2 - other TubeAmplifier are also affected), since the crackling sound does not appear in some Convolvers (like my custom Sony WF-1000XM4 Convolver). Since I enjoy TubeAmplifier more, that bothers me a great deal. V4A does not have this problem, there is no crackling sound when using the same files.

Last edited:

Roll3r

Mar 7, 2006
Oakland, CA

Going to have to look into the bit rates of what I'm listening to when V4A stops. Or just leave it on legacy.

You might be able to create a toggle for LDAC using a "Custom Settings" task in Tasker (no longer have anything that handles LDAC, so the field is grayed-out).

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Going to have to look into the bit rates of what I'm listening to when V4A stops. Or just leave it on legacy.

You might be able to create a toggle for LDAC using a "Custom Settings" task in Tasker (no longer have anything that handles LDAC, so the field is grayed-out).
Did you check the bitrates? Were you able to play it with more than 48 kHz?

I have not found the toggle, can you describe where exactly I can find it?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why not simply using wavelet?
    It's the difference between night and day... apples vs bananas... nuclear warheads vs bricks... kidding.

Wavelet is a glorified Equalizer, whilst Viper4Android is in a class of its own, enabling enthusiasts to go above and beyond to get the best music quality possible by using

- custom tailored DDCs for your specific headphone (you can ez buy headset correction IRS' in certain Telegram groups, make your own or have luck finding ones...)
    - Custom tailored Convolvers (personally I'd suggest to give TubeAmplifier & Technics Preamp Extreme v.2 a first try to get a baseline, and then try out others to see if it fits your headphone pair better)
    - Decent dynamic & bass system
    - Clarity settings, auditory protection, et cetera...

V4A can turn a pair of headphones into a stellar object of beauty, whilst Wavelet will simply elevate your experience by ~20%.

If you can, try it out. The experience (IF ! you tailor it properly) is extraordinary. I'd also always suggest to get the best possible results by tailoring your settings according to your headset, e.g. get a baseline with

Here ya go?

1) flash Viper file, but dont open
    2) Flash Patch File, but dont reboot
    3) Open Viper, flash drivers let it reboot
    Alright, so I narrowed it down a bit.

The problem are both the bitrate and samplerate.

The maximum that this V4A fix currently supports is

48kHz <- down from 96 kHz
    32bits/sample <- remains
    330kbps <- down from 990kbps

That is still a step up from SBC (44.1Khz 16bit) - ergo if I tune that down in developer options, I can still use LDAC, even though with a reduced bitrate. I should mention that I also installed the Audio Modification Library and Ainur Narsil prior to my most previous attempt to get LDAC working, so that might be of importance.
    Here ya go?

1) flash Viper file, but dont open
    2) Flash Patch File, but dont reboot
    3) Open Viper, flash drivers let it reboot
    I took a look at your second file and that's the exact same post-fs-data.sh edit that I've already talked about in the OP post. I guess your method is the same, even though you have linked a handy app instead of manual editing (credits go to Typhus_ I guess)

I did not use any ViperFX "fix" version though. Can you confirm that your version supports high quality codec/more than 48 Khz/330kbps?
    Do you have HD audio option in Developer settings under Bluetooth enabled? If so, try turning it off.
    I just tried it out and deactivated HD audio. Now it works! Marvelous! Thank you.

But... now I don't have LDAC anymore, that kinda defeats the purpose of v4a, since I want maximum music quality (I've been using both the Sony WF-XM4 (earbuds) and "normal" XM4 (NC headphones), both which rely on LDAC. Is there another workaround? Or a way to force LDAC even though the option is deactivated?