• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Viper4Android System Wide

Search This thread

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Hello,

I recently clean flashed stock 5.1.1 and installed Viper4Android but I cannot seem to get it to work system wide. It works fine through play music but it won't process for youtube, etc. I am using the latest Viper4Android version, latest busybox and SELinux is permissive. I moved the apk to /system/priv-app, rebooted, installed drivers, rebooted, then started setting it up. I don't know if this is a problem with the way I set it up or if it is simply because I am using a stock ROM. I have another device with Cyanogenmod and Viper4Android processes for everything. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hjicons

Jan 26, 2016
I also installed Viper 2.3.3 over 5.1.1 but flashed it from recovery as it was suggested in one of the XDA posts. Also flashed build.prop and lib fixes that came with it. For some reason that flash cleared davlik cache, may that's the requirement for Viper. I think Viper is OK with YouTube but it's hard to say as sound is always different. Sometimes its low. Highly promoted Vevo videos sound loud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
I managed to get it working system wide shortly after posting. I first fully removed my existing V4A installation, by uninstalling the driver, deleting data and uninstalling the app through link2sd. I rebooted and then downloaded the viperlolli zip from the nexus 5 forums, extracted it, replaced the apk with the latest version, renamed the apk folder, re-zipped and flashed. I then installed the driver, rebooted, set it up, and it is processing system wide (Youtube, Spotify, Chrome Beta, Play Music, etc). I don't know what changes the author did in the zip, but it worked wonders.