Viper4Android Working on Lollipop [Root]

Search This thread

DravenBR

Nov 2, 2014
Tizimin
Please follow those 8 magical steeps to get Viper4Android working on your Moto G 2014 with Lollipop. (Root Needed)

1) Change SELinux to permissive mode with SELinux Mode Changer from the Play Store.
2) Enable developer options and uncheck Use Nuplayer.
3) Boot recovery (CWM or TWRP)
4) Flash Linus Yang's BusyBox (BusyBox_v1.21.1-linusyang.zip)
5) Flash Viper4Android App (LolliViPER_v2.3.3.0.zip) UPDATED to v2.3.4.0 View attachment LolliViPER_v2.3.4.0.zip
6) Flash Sound Lib Fix (Viper4A-_Soundfix-LibFiles_-CWM.zip)
7) Flash Build.prop Tweaks addition (Viper4A-_Build.Prop-Tweaks_-CWM.zip)
8) wipe cache & davik cache
Reboot System an then V4A should be on the apps list. Install the drive, reboot and enjoy :D

PLUS! ;D Convolver files to get +Sound Effects. Extract Convolver_Files.zip and put in /storage/sdcard0/ViPER4Android/Kernel/

Attachments

• BusyBox_v1.21.1-linusyang.zip
    715 KB · Views: 8,577
  • LolliViPER_v2.3.3.0.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 9,069
  • Viper4A-_Soundfix-LibFiles_-CWM.zip
    265.1 KB · Views: 10,772
  • Viper4A-_Build.Prop-Tweaks_-CWM.zip
    160.4 KB · Views: 10,225
  • Convolver_Files.zip
    901.6 KB · Views: 6,517
Last edited:

amritmalviya

Dec 29, 2012
Nice work but whenever i flash all that it works fine but my phone's incall sound gone.... I mean to say that no one can hear me when i call someone

Sent from my XT1068/69 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aditya.upadhyaya

Dec 11, 2013
Bangalore
Nice work but whenever i flash all that it works fine but my phone's incall sound gone.... I mean to say that no one can hear me when i call someone

Sent from my XT1068/69 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It means the Viper4Android files are screwing with your audio profile for incoming calls. I had this problem while i tried to flash V4A without setting SELinux to permissive. Re-do all the steps and make sure SELinux is permissive.

One more solution is to install 2.3.4.0 (from V4A site) in system/priv-app/ (use appropriate directory naming), reboot, let app get root access, install libraries in-app, set SELinux permissive, then reboot. Worked fr me.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

@DravenBR

Sorry, but is this flash-able on CM12 ??

Also, does it supports google play music ?

Yes & Yes as long as you follow all the steps properly.

goldeneagle1972

Nov 29, 2008
All that's not even needed you can install viper normally after you change selinux mode to permissive, simple as that

mauropgarcia96

Feb 2, 2015
Hi, how can i uninstall it? I have problemas with it... Just wanna uninstall it.

Sent from my XT1068 using XDA Free mobile app

mauropgarcia96

Feb 2, 2015
With es explorer or i need an special software?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

If u have root then go to system/priv-app and delete viper folder and restart

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ive just uninstalled it with titanium backup but the problem persists , think i need to flash...

SpikeNaples

Aug 24, 2011
Manila
Should I still flash the recommended Busybox even if I already have the pro version of Busybox installed? I'm concerned it my break my ROM.

puccaso

Apr 13, 2007
London
Please follow those 8 magical steeps to get Viper4Android working on your Moto G 2014 with Lollipop. (Root Needed)

1) Change SELinux to permissive mode with SELinux Mode Changer from the Play Store.
5) Flash Viper4Android App (LolliViPER_v2.3.3.0.zip) UPDATED to v2.3.4.0 View attachment 3321172
Reboot System an then V4A should be on the apps list. Install the drive, reboot and enjoy :D

PLUS! ;D Convolver files to get +Sound Effects. Extract Convolver_Files.zip and put in /storage/sdcard0/ViPER4Android/Kernel/
might this work with a rooted stock rom?

reeeju

Nov 28, 2014
kolkata
Moto G
Micromax Canvas A89 Ninja

5) Flash Viper4Android App (LolliViPER_v2.3.3.0.zip) UPDATED to v2.3.4.0 View attachment 3321172

Awsum in just one word....having unbelievable change in sound quality in headphones nd speaker also....used dolbiatmos..its suckz....but viper rocks....thanx dude for this.....
Want to tell one thing that pure bass is working fine but subwoofer nd ozone+ is little fuzzy....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5) Flash Viper4Android App (LolliViPER_v2.3.3.0.zip) UPDATED to v2.3.4.0 View attachment LolliViPER_v2.3.4.0.zip

For those interested, V4A works on official CM12.1, without the need of excessive system tweaks. All you need is to install the official ViPER4Android FX .apk from the V4A homepage/xda thread and set SELinux to permissive (plenty of guides for this on the net).

You don't have to disable selinux. It's security risk. Use this guide to use V4A with Selinux enforced.
    http://androiding.how/how-to-fix-viper4android-selinux-policy-issues-on-lollipop/
    Gave some problems at first (had to reboot + wipe cache dalvik again) but,working flawlessly now!
    The guide is partially obsolete. If you disable NuPlayer, you lose compatibility, such as MP4 video playback. NuPlayer is the standard now and doesn't break newest V4A. Also, leaving SELinux in permissive is a security threat for those who have sensitive info and rooted. Instead flash the SELinux policy fix for V4A and will work on Enforcing.
    New Update......

Viper4Android v2.4.0.1
    &
    Viper4Android v2.4.0.1 + Dolby [Beats Edition]

works on both Android Version 5.1.1 OS & 6.0.1 OS........enjoy