• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Viper4Android

Search This thread

vibrantliker

It used to back in Android 10 or so but I haven't noticed any conflicts since then. You use to have to disable it so you could try that to see if it helps.
Only since I have the Pixel 6 Pro (or Android 12), I'm having these issues:
Viper not working with Amazon music
Very distorted with Qubuz
ok 99% of the time with Deezer, Spotify and apple music but the other 1% I get this random, very strange wave of distortion that lasts about 2-3 seconds.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Only since I have the Pixel 6 Pro (or Android 12), I'm having these issues:
Viper not working with Amazon music
Very distorted with Qubuz
ok 99% of the time with Deezer, Spotify and apple music but the other 1% I get this random, very strange wave of distortion that lasts about 2-3 seconds.
Yeah, I'm not sure. Don't use any of those apps. May want to try to use Legacy Mode with those apps to see if it helps.

sean222

I installed V4A 2.7.2.1 on my P6P and it works fine. I had to use the apk instead of the magisk module version since the module doesn't work for me.

1. Install the V4A apk
2. Open it, grant root and let it install the driver
3. After reboot, replace the V4A post-fs-data.sh with the custom one (I forget where I got it from) and reboot again
4. Configure V4A and done.

Thanks alot. This works for me, and it survives reboots!

vibrantliker

Curious what everyone's listening experiences are with V4A and android 12.
I've been using Viper for at least 5 years and prior to A12, not really any issues during playback until now. I have A11 on my S21 Ultra and OP 9 Pro and it also works fine, BUT on A12 and the Pixel 6 and 6P, I get this cycle of distortion, lasts for about 2 seconds but repeats randomly, continuously. Don't know if it's the phone or A12.

Any one else experiencing anything like this? Dying to find a fix for it.
I have my phone going into a RME ADI-2 dac/amp combo, listening with headphones in case that's relevant.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I've been using Viper for at least 5 years and prior to A12, not really any issues during playback until now. I have A11 on my S21 Ultra and OP 9 Pro and it also works fine, BUT on A12 and the Pixel 6 and 6P, I get this cycle of distortion, lasts for about 2 seconds but repeats randomly, continuously. Don't know if it's the phone or A12.

I have my phone going into a RME ADI-2 dac/amp combo, listening with headphones in case that's relevant.
Having experienced that myself.

xXxG0dzRAgexXx

Feb 24, 2013
Beltsville, Maryland

Actually having this issue on JamesDSP since I couldn't get any of the install methods working for viper in this thread for some reason. Figured it was because it was a different program but doesn't happen all the time

sarabraj.singh

Jan 12, 2021
Update: I found out what my problem was. There's a HD audio option in Developer settings under Bluetooth that was enabled. I toggled it off and now it's working.
View attachment 5448537
i had feeling the LDAC codecs in my headphones were causing a collision here.

make sure you unpair/pair your headphones, then turn of HD audio in developer options, then play your music backed by v4a - for this to work!

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
just posting this here as it's the first instance of this fix and it's nice to know who we're thankful towards

RashidAlawadi

Nov 13, 2013
Ok so I have Viper working on my Pixel 6. But I have a small annoying issue; it seems more often than not Viper stops processing and I need to go and turn legacy mode on and off to get Viper to work again.

Is there any workaround for this? I just want it to keep working all the time without me having to intervene constantly.

Didn't try any of the methods above as I have the latest Viper with AML installed and do wanna risk breaking it by installing something else.

DanielF50

Jul 22, 2010
Hampshire, England
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've been trying to get V4A to work on my 6 Pro since the factory images became available & haven't had any success with any of the methods in this thread either.

The only sure fire way I've managed to get this to work is to use legacy mode, which definitely isn't ideal but works for now, until the app/module is updated to properly support A12.

amaroney55

Jan 6, 2019
Decatur
Blu Vivo XL
Project Treble
Full disclosure: I do not own a pixel 6 pro. But I thought I'd offer a super simple and possibly working fix for V4A on your device. Using my pixel 4a 5g and running A12.. Ive been running the same version of V4A for the last year.. and it worked on A11 and A12. It's simply plug and play. One time flash of the zip, immediately reboot and done. Nothing more is needed. No replacing files. No Ainur. And AML isn't needed either.

Works perfect on my device. Installs 2.5.0.4 (and not 2.7.x). But honestly, it's the same thing for all intents and purposes.

Like I said, in the interests of being totally honest -- I have no clue if it'll work for you. I hope it does. As V4A is essential for the best possible sound. Especially when using headphones.. it transforms my sound from walkman to a Bose when using them. With a few tweaks, it literally feels like I'm at the concert and the music is coming from every different direction. Absolutely indispensable, this app!

Ps... I'm only on your all's forums because I'm super jealous and wanna pretend that I have a p6p. Probably sounds super gay, but I just wanna hold one. 😂🤣

Here's the link to the zip. I haven't seen anyone say that it didn't work for them. Also, the zip says that it's for Android 11. But that's because it came out before 12, and the existing v4as we're only working for Android <10.

If this one doesn't do the trick, I'm guessing it's just 1 step/tweak away from doing so. Lemme know if it works for y'all. Good luck and God bless.

Hehe he said he wants to hold one....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed V4A 2.7.2.1 on my P6P and it works fine. I had to use the apk instead of the magisk module version since the module doesn't work for me.

1. Install the V4A apk
    2. Open it, grant root and let it install the driver
    3. After reboot, replace the V4A post-fs-data.sh with the custom one (I forget where I got it from) and reboot again
    4. Configure V4A and done.
    Full disclosure: I do not own a pixel 6 pro. But I thought I'd offer a super simple and possibly working fix for V4A on your device. Using my pixel 4a 5g and running A12.. Ive been running the same version of V4A for the last year.. and it worked on A11 and A12. It's simply plug and play. One time flash of the zip, immediately reboot and done. Nothing more is needed. No replacing files. No Ainur. And AML isn't needed either.

Works perfect on my device. Installs 2.5.0.4 (and not 2.7.x). But honestly, it's the same thing for all intents and purposes.

Like I said, in the interests of being totally honest -- I have no clue if it'll work for you. I hope it does. As V4A is essential for the best possible sound. Especially when using headphones.. it transforms my sound from walkman to a Bose when using them. With a few tweaks, it literally feels like I'm at the concert and the music is coming from every different direction. Absolutely indispensable, this app!

Ps... I'm only on your all's forums because I'm super jealous and wanna pretend that I have a p6p. Probably sounds super gay, but I just wanna hold one. 😂🤣

Here's the link to the zip. I haven't seen anyone say that it didn't work for them. Also, the zip says that it's for Android 11. But that's because it came out before 12, and the existing v4as we're only working for Android <10.

If this one doesn't do the trick, I'm guessing it's just 1 step/tweak away from doing so. Lemme know if it works for y'all. Good luck and God bless.

anyone get viper to work with bluetooth?
    Update: I found out what my problem was. There's a HD audio option in Developer settings under Bluetooth that was enabled. I toggled it off and now it's working.
    1635956518449.png
    I'd def like to know more about that. Never heard of it, but been using Viper for years. Does it also require root?
    It's pretty good. I see it as an equivalent to V4A. In the past I have used both V4A and JamesDSP together (with AML so they work together) together, choosing the options I prefer on each of them. I particularly like the bass in JamesDSP. It has many of the same features as V4A, but some unique ones as well. And vice versa, V4A has some unique ones not in JamesDSP.

Right now I'm only using JamesDSP on my Pixel 6 Pro. Haven't had time yet to install V4A and see if they both work together on this phone. But there was no problem installing JamesDSP. Everything worked right out of the box.

Yes, it does require root.

where did you override `post-fs-data.sh`??

i could only find the files in this location (by running find -name "post-fs-data.sh" in a root adb shell:
    1. ./dev/r2IgVpl/.magisk/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh
    /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX