Virgin Mobile Desire 510 stuck on HTC screen

Search This thread

m00nkat

Sep 22, 2015
My Virgin Mobile HTC Desire 510 is stuck on HTC screen. I just got the phone in April and need it to last me 2 more months. It is not rooted. I removed the SD card and have tried everything from the boot screen including a factory reset to no avail. What are my options? I really need to get this working again ASAP. Someone somewhere mentioned something about "flashing" it, but I don't know what this means or how to do it, or if that will even help me with this issue.

Please help!

Edit: I should mention that my computer runs OSX 10.9.5 (in case I need to download some programs) and I bought the phone in the US.

Last edited:

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
My Virgin Mobile HTC Desire 510 is stuck on HTC screen. I just got the phone in April and need it to last me 2 more months. It is not rooted. I removed the SD card and have tried everything including a factory reset to no avail. What are my options? I really need to get this working again ASAP. Someone somewhere mentioned something about "flashing" it, but I don't know what this means or how to do it, or if that will even help me with this issue.

Please help!

Edit: I should mention that my computer runs OSX 10.9.5 (in case I need to download some programs.)

The only thing you can do in your case with the limited understanding of flashing is to just download the RUU (Rom Update Utility) from the HTC website for your phone and run it from a computer. I don't know of any that can be used on OSx so you'll need to figure that out. The RUU will repair and restore your phone to factory default settings.