• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Visible Blade A7 Prime Z6201V on Xfinity Mobile or any other Verizon MVNO?

Search This thread

ConnCarl

Jan 1, 2013
New Haven
After tinkering with one of these all weekend, I can't get it to place or receive calls on Xfinity Mobile. I either get an error message, "You are currently out of range of the mobile network", or it places the call and instantly disconnects.

I was able to completely bypass the APN lockout by temporarily inserting an old Freedompop SIM, and the new APN as well as the ability to add/edit persisted after installing the XFM SIM. And the "Mobile Network Mode" app works fine to force different preferred networks, and even to trigger carrier provisioning, which allowed me to use TMOB with no issues, except the lack of any LTE band but 4. But nothing works except data on XFM, and "trigger carrier provisioning" doesn't appear to work.

Surprising because Visible R2s are plug-and-play with XFM, and it's a pretty decent phone otherwise. Hate to relegate it to my glovebox TMOB Pay-As-You-Go spare.

Anyone else have any luck?

Last edited:
Reactions: curtisimo

steadydecline

Dec 10, 2013
Yeah, running into the same issue. Trying to get it running with a red pocket verizon sim. People are saying on the slickdeals forum the fix would be flashing the unlocked firmware. A firmware no one can find.

Reactions: curtisimo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After tinkering with one of these all weekend, I can't get it to place or receive calls on Xfinity Mobile. I either get an error message, "You are currently out of range of the mobile network", or it places the call and instantly disconnects.

I was able to completely bypass the APN lockout by temporarily inserting an old Freedompop SIM, and the new APN as well as the ability to add/edit persisted after installing the XFM SIM. And the "Mobile Network Mode" app works fine to force different preferred networks, and even to trigger carrier provisioning, which allowed me to use TMOB with no issues, except the lack of any LTE band but 4. But nothing works except data on XFM, and "trigger carrier provisioning" doesn't appear to work.

Surprising because Visible R2s are plug-and-play with XFM, and it's a pretty decent phone otherwise. Hate to relegate it to my glovebox TMOB Pay-As-You-Go spare.

Anyone else have any luck?
    Yeah, running into the same issue. Trying to get it running with a red pocket verizon sim. People are saying on the slickdeals forum the fix would be flashing the unlocked firmware. A firmware no one can find.