• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Visible Mobile Bootloader Unlock Eligibility

Search This thread

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Hello. Does anyone here have the Visible Mobile version of the borneo? Or does anyone know if the Visible Mobile version is eligible for bootloader unlock? It uses Verizon Network, so I'm very cautious of it.

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Essential Phone
Hello. Does any here have the Visible Mobile version of the borneo? Or does anyone know if the Visible Mobile version is eligible for bootloader unlock? It uses Verizon Network, so I'm very cautious of it.
I bought the G7 Power (ocean) a couple of years ago July 2019 from Visible and I was able to unlock it.
Whatever that info is worth.

Reactions: arkansawdave74

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
That's the phone I had when I decided I'd only buy Moto anymore. Maybe Oneplus.

This is what a Visible dude had to say about it:

Screenshot_25.png

revengesrage

Apr 12, 2010
You could just sign up on motorola and try it. You bought the phone and paid outright for it. Motorola doesn't restrict that stuff. they don't use special software for their phones its just the generic retus software.....

revengesrage

Apr 12, 2010
My moto g8 power is visible and I'm running an unlocked bootloader on it using lineage. I bought mine direct from visible. I doubt they changed from retus with the 2021 version....

Reactions: sd_shadow

Mjhartman

Nov 12, 2021
Moto G Power (2021)
I am a visible subscriber and I requested a network unlock, though I don't think I really need that. Will let you know later as I'm about to mod this Motorola g power. They use a third party to finance the phones so, no reason they would bind you too it (no contract).

mario0318

I am a visible subscriber and I requested a network unlock, though I don't think I really need that. Will let you know later as I'm about to mod this Motorola g power. They use a third party to finance the phones so, no reason they would bind you too it (no contract).
You're talking about network sim unlock. The discussion in the thread so far is referring to unlocking the device's bootloader so as to allow custom image flashing and other advanced instructions for modding.

Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My moto g8 power is visible and I'm running an unlocked bootloader on it using lineage. I bought mine direct from visible. I doubt they changed from retus with the 2021 version....
    You're talking about network sim unlock. The discussion in the thread so far is referring to unlocking the device's bootloader so as to allow custom image flashing and other advanced instructions for modding.
    Hello. Does any here have the Visible Mobile version of the borneo? Or does anyone know if the Visible Mobile version is eligible for bootloader unlock? It uses Verizon Network, so I'm very cautious of it.
    I bought the G7 Power (ocean) a couple of years ago July 2019 from Visible and I was able to unlock it.
    Whatever that info is worth.