Visual Voicemail for unlocked U1

Search This thread

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
I've always downloaded Samsung Visual voicemal from APK mirror for all unlocked samsung devices, even my note 10. I installed it fine on the note 20 but when i try to open it it says not supported. Any idea for a visual VM program? Voicemail is practically useless without VVM.

nuclearrage

Dec 2, 2011
Douglas
I downloaded version 12.1.00.35 from the Galaxy store on my US unlocked Ultra and it works just fine. I am AT&T for cell service , just moved sim from note 9 to this phone.

Sent from my Samsung SM-N960U1 using XDA Labs

ramontomzer

Jan 19, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
not sure if this is applicable for your situation but, i have a note 20 ultra unlocked (US Version) using google fi.

I downloaded the google phone app from APKMirror then installed (one of the newer apk's), set as default, then i installed an "android go" version of the phone app from APKMIrror as well, and now i have visual voicemail, it stuck after a reboot and is working for visual voicemail (transcript appears and seems accurate). It is a bit funky as it hangs when i try to play voicemails over the earpiece but it seems like playing it via speaker phone is fine. There is also a toast notification that pops up every time i open the phone app that says the device is not compatible and phone calls may not work properly, but it seems fine. YMMV!

mickeyleah

Aug 12, 2007
Have you tried downloading carrier service from the play store? I have an unlock version with Verizon sim and visual voice-mail works. Thats the only thing I can think of that I added

gotojanoo

Aug 6, 2008
Los Angeles
Anyone know whats this next to dial ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200822-110655_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200822-110655_Gallery.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 142

Snowleopard1900

May 28, 2012
I didn't do anything, I mean, I put my sim card in the phone, turned it on, logged in with my google account, did the software update they pushed, rebooted. etc..... I did dial into my voice mail and checked everything and it was working, then I opened visual voice mail and it worked, I didn't do anything to make it work.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone