Vivid bootloader unlocked - htcdev

Search This thread

gtkansan

Nov 28, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thank god.... Now we just need some devs... Hehe. I just want a stripped Rom without a lot of the HTC, att crap. And the extended quick settings with brightness control.... Here's hoping.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

mattymon

Oct 6, 2010
Toronto
Finally.. Glad to hear my neighbours down south are getting it unlocked! Hopefully we can get some development now. Good news!

wphoto2

Sep 22, 2009
Las Piedras, Puerto Rico
first step successfull

i erase all my sdk and download again install all new and try again and it was succssfull now i go to the second step i let you now

Unlocking Bootloader Instructions

Take the following steps to Unlock your Device's Bootloader.

Token Submitted Successfully!

You've been sent an email with your unlock key as a file attachment. Please review this email for further instructions and a link to complete the Bootloader process

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
So I've been to htcdev.com several times and still don't see the Vivid in the list. What am I missing?

wphoto2

Sep 22, 2009
Las Piedras, Puerto Rico
step 2 succesfull

i receive the email get into the link and finish the process im enter now the inf of the re-start i com back after finish and verify the bootloader still lock or not
:D:D

PuNkShoO

Jun 30, 2011
Unlocked my Vivid this morning. Ready to rock n' roll and pray for a nice ICS Sense ROM. Devs? Thank you HTC for finally getting around to this and thanks ebaul for letting us know that its working.

mohcho

Feb 8, 2008
Congrats. Welcome to root Vivid owners. Belated Christmas present.

Now that this has been put out of the way, hope that some devs can unlock the Raider/Vivid so we can get S-Off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The tool now unlocks the Vivid bootloader, head there NOW
    Linux Users

If you're unlocking on Linux and following HTC's instructions on htcdev.com/bootloader then don't forget to run the fastboot commands using sudo. This stumped me for a little while.

When trying to get the identifier token all I was getting was:

Code:
    $ ./fastboot oem get_identifier_token
    < waiting for device >
    ^C

Running fastboot under sudo quickly displayed my token.

Code:
    $ sudo ./fastboot oem get_identifier_token
    Holy ****, it's a Christmas miracle!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA Premium App
    it thii ok?

*** UNLOCKED ***
    HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL

it have s-on :confused::confused:

Yes S-ON is normal. However, it is unlocked and you don't need to have s-off in order to install custom roms and kernels.
    OK, so I unlocked the bootloader, how do i disable things from booting?

First of all, your question is pretty nonsensical from the very start, but I got the drift of what you want.

Run a root tool and use either Titanium Backup or ES File Explorer to disable the applications that you want to disable. If you need help with that, google is your friend.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

hey guys, I have been in the works of unlocking bootloader, and did so successfully.

but I have tried to install a recovery, step 6, and now my phone is stuck on white screen with HTC logo.

i have a HTC VIVID and would appreciate any help.

thanks in advance.

Flash the recovery via fastboot, reflash ROM, make sure you fastboot the boot.img.