[VIVID Launcher] Official Post (US region only)

Poll of Features you want in VIVID! (Pls comment on Trace2 if yours not in list or others)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Another thing ... why this default music app is displayed sometimes when starting the car (from sleep mode)?View attachment 5495275

Additionally....since the last update steering wheel.buttons do not work for seeking radio stations, but do work for music
Hi ikerg,

For auto start default music app, are you using default music app last time you turn off car? system behavior is open the last opened audio or video app when start the engine.

for steering wheel, all test is ok on our side. Are you add only one favorite in radio? steering radio behavior is only switch between your favorite radios if any, not seeking or next always.

urgo2x

Mar 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
@vivid_1, I have a few suggestions. There are some bugs that could be fixed. I attached 2 pictures of the home screen.
1. Navigation widget sometimes appears over the map even if the navigation is not running. It is then only black empty rectangle.
2. Weather widget sometimes disappears.
3. On the home screen when is playing radio there is twice shown frequency and no information about the station. There is the same when adding radio station to favourites.
4. The buttons below the media widget are showing the local music and radio. There could be also a button for the Spotify.
5. When using navigation widget after 10 to 20 minutes the system becomes frozen and must be restarted.

I am thinking to try the rom but could you tell me if the google assistant is included? I launch it from the steering wheel and use it for calls and to run navigation as I prefer this solution whilst driving instead of playing with the tablet what can distract.

Attachments

• 20220104_062436.jpg
    20220104_062436.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • 20220104_062431.jpg
    20220104_062431.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
@vivid_1, I have a few suggestions. There are some bugs that could be fixed. I attached 2 pictures of the home screen.
1. Navigation widget sometimes appears over the map even if the navigation is not running. It is then only black empty rectangle.
3. On the home screen when is playing radio there is twice shown frequency and no information about the station. There is the same when adding radio station to favourites.
4. The buttons below the media widget are showing the local music and radio. There could be also a button for the Spotify.
5. When using navigation widget after 10 to 20 minutes the system becomes frozen and must be restarted.

I am thinking to try the rom but could you tell me if the google assistant is included? I launch it from the steering wheel and use it for calls and to run navigation as I prefer this solution whilst driving instead of playing with the tablet what can distract.
Hi urgo2x, thanks for feedback. You are using latest launcher version are you?
1, 2, 5 seem bug, we'll look into that.
3, you mean there used to have radio station name but sometime lost?
4. already in the plan for a media source change in the future.

As for the ROM and google assistant, vivid google assistant support is under developing, so No for now.
Are u using stock ROM now? it naturally support steering wheel and google assistant?

urgo2x

Mar 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
@vivid_1, I don't use a stock rom. I installed your launcher over the Malaysk rom.
Till yesterday I used the latest version. Today there was an update and I haven't possibility to use it yet.
Regarding to the radio stations, the name is visible only on the radio screen for currently playing station. It is never visible on the favourite radio stations shortcuts and never visible on the home screen widget - there is shown frequency twice all the time.

ikerg

Hi ikerg,

For auto start default music app, are you using default music app last time you turn off car? system behavior is open the last opened audio or video app when start the engine.

for steering wheel, all test is ok on our side. Are you add only one favorite in radio? steering radio behavior is only switch between your favorite radios if any, not seeking or next always.
I never used the stock music. Just the vivid music player

kboxvegas

Sep 25, 2007
It appears that the vivid launcher is taking over the Bluetooth in some way and randomly changing the pin code on each reboot. I've worked very hard to get the OBDlink mx+ working on my px6 Dasaita unit and it works but upon each reboot the pin on the head unit changes and I have to change it back before it will connect again even though it's still claiming to be paired. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or maybe this could be added as a option in the future?

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
@vivid_1, I don't use a stock rom. I installed your launcher over the Malaysk rom.
Till yesterday I used the latest version. Today there was an update and I haven't possibility to use it yet.
Regarding to the radio stations, the name is visible only on the radio screen for currently playing station. It is never visible on the favourite radio stations shortcuts and never visible on the home screen widget - there is shown frequency twice all the time.
ok clear, will check thanks

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
It appears that the vivid launcher is taking over the Bluetooth in some way and randomly changing the pin code on each reboot. I've worked very hard to get the OBDlink mx+ working on my px6 Dasaita unit and it works but upon each reboot the pin on the head unit changes and I have to change it back before it will connect again even though it's still claiming to be paired. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or maybe this could be added as a option in the future?
hmmm, thanks for the feedback, will change this behavior in later release, stay tune thanks

Reactions: kboxvegas

ikerg

Regarding the number 4.... I suggest to be three selectable items:
  1. Radio
  2. Local media
  3. A dynamic option that register the last external media player used (could be any streaming app or any other media player). The name of the app should be changed according to the registered last media app played. In case the dynamic option couldn't be an easy implementation it could be an app that could be defined in vivid settings

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Regarding the number 4.... I suggest to be three selectable items:
  1. Radio
  2. Local media
  3. A dynamic option that register the last external media player used (could be any streaming app or any other media player). The name of the app should be changed according to the registered last media app played. In case the dynamic option couldn't be an easy implementation it could be an app that could be defined in vivid settings
hey man will be such design and interaction, already on the way, nice suggestion, thank u~

salamaahm

Jan 8, 2022
One more bug I am still facing with Zlink and steering wheel buttons, as when I click the answer and end call buttons it minimize Zlink and open the Bluetooth dialer, I am running the latest version of the launcher and 4.0.17 for Zlink

ikerg

Rds is working on the last version, ar least the station name appears...but on the recent/favorite screen it never displayed the name....

I suggest the following:
On the tunning screen:
  1. one text line for the frequency.
  2. Next line for an user name....but Make the name field size bigger (now is too small).
  3. A third line could be for the rds data.
Take in mind that rds data is not necessarily the name station....some stations update the rds data to show the current playing song.

On the favorite/recent screen:

long pressing the icon it could be edited the station properties:
  • Name station. If rds data it could be overriden by the user name
  • Icon. You should be able to assign a local image for the logo station

KaylaKev

Jan 10, 2022
Hi, im new here. My Dasaita unit is equipped with additional sub woofer during the installation last time and it works well. after i update to vivid 10, my sub woofer stop working. may i know what is the problem now?

Does this vivid launcher has not update its component to support sub woofer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible to use an other navigation in Pip window?
    VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, intuitive and easy to use. Here are the major features you're going to find out in VIVID:

* Split home screen - It applies a split home screen for the most important 2 features while you're driving, Maps and Media, so that you don't have to jump back and forth among apps. And you can also easily access to the recent apps from the bottom bar.

* Navigation - Google Maps, Waze, Amigo, iGo, no matter what navigation apps you're using, once you used it, it will stay at the bottom bar as your default Maps app.

* Media - Highly customized UI for in-vehicle scenarios, and it's compatible with any standard media browse services, e.g. DAB-Z.

* Phone - Integrated with HCT and ums512_1h10_Natv Head Units, and highly customized UI for phone calling, it's simple and easy to use!

* Hardware Integration - Integrated with HCT and ums512_1h10_Natv HUs, you can use native radio and Bluetooth call, music

* OTA update - Continuously improve and listen to user feedback, new release is bi-weekly or monthly.

The download link and release notes are in second floor blow in this post.

Slide 16_9 - 1.png

Slide 16_9 - 2.png

Slide 16_9 - 3.png

Slide 16_9 - 4.png
    Slide 16_9 - 4.png

device-2021-09-18-174549.png
    playlist_list copy.png
    fullscreen_player copy.png
    tuner copy.png
    softeware_update copy.png

For all the lovely people saw here so far:
    1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
    2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
      1. Dashboard layout switch
      2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
      3. Your suggestions

Warning: VIVID is free for only personal users, for commercial usage please contact us.

Can you do vivid a favor? Please give us a rating on Google play so that more people can enjoy vivid experience in car. And thank you for all the way helping vivid getting better day by day. Really appreciate!!​

[Nov.11 2022] We are releasing new version 5.10.3468 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Domain bar home app, navigation app support unpin
    2. Fix and Improve weather not show issue
    3. Add default launcher setting item
    4. Add exit setting item, screen always on/off setting item.
    5. Fix the cover of Zing Mp3 to not display, and add Zing Mp3, PlexaMP
    6. Optimization of multilingual support
    7. Fix crashes and bugs
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    Apk Download Link: vivid launcher apk

[Oct.19 2022] We are releasing new version 5.10.3447 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Fix emergency crash of 5.10.3445
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher

[Oct.18 2022] We are releasing new version 5.10.3445 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Fix Google Map nav panel not display issue
    2. Home and work search not working issue
    3. Fix crashes and bugs

[Sep.9 2022] We are releasing new version 5.7.3434 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Fix crash issues
    2. Fix radio customize name and cover issue

[Aug.2 2022] We are releasing new version 5.7.3432 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Portrait(vertical) screen support
    2. Auto launch app when boot
    3. Multi-languages translation
    4. Card dashboard nav panel update
    5. UI tuning
    6. Fix crashes and bugs

[Jun.29 2022] We are releasing new version 5.6.3418 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for 5.6.3408 for crash issue

[Jun.18 2022] We are releasing new version 5.6.3408 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Android native widget support (Add widgets you like)
    2. Support custom splash images
    3. Radio cover and title customized
    4. Google map smooth improvement
    5. Android 12 support
    6. Card dashboard clock widget support
    7. Fix bugs and performance improvement

[April.29 2022] We are releasing new version 5.3.3388 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Fix map nav panel not show issue and improve map update
    2. Fix music autoplay bugs
    3. Local music folder alphabetically order
    4. UI tuning
    5. Add user feedback entrance in setting
    6. Improve stability and performance
    7. Fix bugs

[Mar.21 2022] We are releasing new version 5.3.3372 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Improve media auto play when startup
    2. Add delete call history function
    3. Add user can skip OTA version function
    4. Fix bugs

[Mar.7 2022] We are releasing new version 5.2.3365 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Android 11 support (Update ROM from 10 to 11 please contact Dasaita)
    2. Card Dashboard for all users and experience refine
    3. Google voice assistant support (Support all domains include voice Dialing but some hardware has compatible issue because of Google)
    4. VIVID Settings UI reorg and tuning
    5. Apps page horizontal swipe
    6. Email login
    7. Speedometer widget support
    8. Add reboot button in setting
    9. Fix bugs

[Feb.17 2022] We are releasing new version 5.1.3358 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for yesterday's build 5.1.3355
    2. Fix quickly switch media sources may lose media source choices issue

[Feb.16 2022] We are releasing new version 5.1.3355 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard map and nav panel optimization
    2. Add Home/Work address shortcut
    3. Media source change and browse refactor
    4. Add stable and canary OTA option
    5. Don't auto change BT name and pin, be able to change in setting
    6. Weather improvement
    7. Bug fix

[Jan.4 2022] We are releasing new version 4.12.3333 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Improve performance and fix bugs

[Dec.20 2021] We are releasing new version 4.12.3331 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard weather and full weather page support
    2. Sort and Search apps support
    3. Steering wheel issues with Zilink and local video fix
    4. Spotify cover support
    5. Fix bugs and improve performance
    Apk Download Link:

[Dec.06 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3327 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Lock screen valet mode with password
    2. Support drag and drop to change app position
    3. Support steering wheel pause button
    4. Don't duck audio sound when receive bluetooth notification on PX6
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/CLBABbrS#muEzuuMIiHViET7iUDU14rBUnxVw4sRG9TFkuzouZHo

[Nov.23 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3321 today! This is hot fix for yesterday's version.
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for phone bluetooth notification will pause vivid music issue
    Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Hbx0nAqT#yvUQbRvEaB8qdeE4VtTf9FRwttINepCw6K0Zvc6FMYY

[Nov.22 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3318 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Support Android split screen on dashboard (Long click ’recent' control on status bar). Please contract Dasaita for latest ROM to support split screen if you are Dasaita users, if other ROM, you may support already.
    2. Day/Night theme auto change timezone bug fix
    3. Support navigation bar apps customization (Long click apps to pin or unpin)
    4. Improve performance
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Refer to video how to enable split screen

Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Pax0USxa#nOZG21r5QPoMrrSMj8D0gdssTeui1YQ6TXNADT0AM8I

[Nov.8 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3306 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Day/Night auto mode change theme based on sunrise/sunset time
    2. On/Off setting for 'vivid music widget' show on other apps
    3. Wallpaper can be selected from local device
    4. Left map will change to HeadingUp instead always NorthUp while driving
    5. Android 11 compatible support
    6. Fixed cardLayout dashboard phone call not showing issue
    7. Fixed driving mode restriction on search bugs
    8. Fix other bugs and crashes
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/6fZHCKoB#8-h_9rBlxSBPeQbWgXnnvKUlPreLML70qe_aoAGR4_I

[Oct.25 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3295 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. All apps page change from smart group to original grid layout
    2. Add shortcut to open control panel on domain bar
    3. Fix Dashboard nav search not working issue
    4. Disable search panel pull up every time
    5. Dashboard layout switch (only ROM users, Beta function, known issue in answering phone)
    6. Zoom in google map view zoom level
    7. Fix Zlink steering wheel control not working issue
    8. Fix steering wheel cannot hangup phone issue
    9. Fix bugs and crashes
    Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
    2. All apps page use smart group
    3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
    4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
    5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
    Hi! I would like to suggest creating some one theme. Something like this. In my opinion the original theme has too much unused space on the players side. It would be great if the developers added this theme. Even better that there would be some kind of themes constructor.
    vl_theme.jpg
    Hi Guys,

Vivid need your help on revising multi-languages translation. What we have now is translation using translation tools for languages except for English and Chinese. So other languages all welcome to revise.

Current translated languages are:
    english
    russian
    german
    franch
    italian
    spanish
    Czech Republic
    Korean
    Turkish
    Portuguese
    Polish

Total literal up to 280+ items lol~

Click this link and click request editing with comments of which language. We'll allow editing.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nEw2xXPSvc8OfRB_qclFUQ10m0/edit#gid=896749668
    WechatIMG452.png

Thanks again for all your kindly support all the way for VIVID and us!
    I fixed the problem with ModService.
    I created a new build:
    DOWNLOAD NavRadio FREE v2.79a

Please test it ;)
    Screenshot_20230126_194638.png