[VIVID Launcher] Official Post ([Jun.18 2022] We are releasing new version 5.6.3408 today !)

Poll of Features you want in VIVID! (Pls comment on Trace2 if yours not in list or others)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

gilal

Nov 30, 2019
Hello
I just installed the VIVID version 2022.05.18 and I already like that there is an extensive DSP equalizer :) CONGRATULATION. Only a little sad is the lack of logos of radio stations as it was in several versions back with NavRadio. Now the application launches well, but no logo and information about the radio station :(
Until recently, they were displayed. But congratulations on your great work. May it continue like this :)

Reactions: vivid_1

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Hello
I just installed the VIVID version 2022.05.18 and I already like that there is an extensive DSP equalizer :) CONGRATULATION. Only a little sad is the lack of logos of radio stations as it was in several versions back with NavRadio. Now the application launches well, but no logo and information about the radio station :(
Until recently, they were displayed. But congratulations on your great work. May it continue like this :)
navradio cannot work perfectly with vivid so far cause we cannot control it and it conflict with vivid radio if not operate well. I'v explained to several times. For the long term, next vivid release will include customize radio station logo and name may do a complementary.

Reactions: 23gianni23

gilal

Nov 30, 2019
navradio cannot work perfectly with vivid so far cause we cannot control it and it conflict with vivid radio if not operate well. I'v explained to several times. For the long term, next vivid release will include customize radio station logo and name may do a complementary.

Thank you very much for your reply. I keep my fingers crossed ✊👍

[email protected]

May 18, 2022
hmm sygic and Magic Earth right? let's check about that, click to open should easy to support in next coming release if they are available.
yes, Magic Earth is 100% open source, and Sygic is usually quite open to help 3rd parties to use it, I hope you manage to include their indications in the card! it would save me! you cant believe how long I have been looking for a solution for my car!

ZeekWorld

Mar 29, 2012
Avon, CO
madcross.com
Hello
What else is new on the 5/18 vivid rom other than the extended DSP EQ?

gilal

Nov 30, 2019
What else is new on the 5/18 vivid rom other than the extended DSP EQ?
Welcome
I only noticed the equalizer and it works stably NavRadio, but it does not show it as it was before (FM station logo). The application from Google Play works, the phone for calls does not disconnect, Wi-Fi approx.
Sometimes the radio restarts I do not know why, the same even while drivingcome.

jotaelecd

May 16, 2022
The map one depends on if the map app provide api for 3rd party app to use. right now only google and waze api but google map view only. Herewego and tomtom is not checked yet.

medias show or not on first screen depends on wether media app developed applied to android standard audio api protocol. If not we cannot control them.

Thanks for feedback.
TomTom offers API and Traffic option is the one that many drivers use on a daily basis, it would be great to have the option to integrate it in the initial screen

It would also be interesting to have the option to automatically launch an application when starting Vivid.
I've searched and I don't think it can be done right now

What format or location do the covers need to be displayed in Local media? Using apps like Poweramp they do appear

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
TomTom offers API and Traffic option is the one that many drivers use on a daily basis, it would be great to have the option to integrate it in the initial screen

It would also be interesting to have the option to automatically launch an application when starting Vivid.
I've searched and I don't think it can be done right now

What format or location do the covers need to be displayed in Local media? Using apps like Poweramp they do appear
Thanks for such detailed feedback.
1. Tomtom map will check later.
2. auto launch another app is in plan already, assuming will be available in the release on Aug.
3. local media should show any type of song covers.. if not can you attach that song and let us check about it.

FreddeJ

May 22, 2021
I've found quite an annoying bug/feature.

My son use my Spotify account. And every time I'm in the car, he is at home and uses Spotify on his iPad, Vivid switches to Spotify as media player. It doesn't play any sound, it just turns off everything I'm listening to(radio, DAB, other media services) and highlights Spotify instead.

It actually prevents me from listening to anything at all as soon as he uses Spotify.

gilal

Nov 30, 2019
I must admit that VIVID works nicely, i.e. works with the "replaio radio" application. Super 👍😁
Best regards

ZeekWorld

Mar 29, 2012
Avon, CO
madcross.com
yes, Magic Earth is 100% open source, and Sygic is usually quite open to help 3rd parties to use it, I hope you manage to include their indications in the card! it would save me! you cant believe how long I have been looking for a solution for my car!
I installed Magic Earth the other day, and I really like it. I think I prefer it over Sygic. I did experience some hiccups but overall works great.
Thanks for mentioning this app I have no idea existed and I've tried many gps navigation apps in the past, never ran into it.

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021

My son use my Spotify account. And every time I'm in the car, he is at home and uses Spotify on his iPad, Vivid switches to Spotify as media player. It doesn't play any sound, it just turns off everything I'm listening to(radio, DAB, other media services) and highlights Spotify instead.

It actually prevents me from listening to anything at all as soon as he uses Spotify.
If you don't open Spotify in car, this should not happen. That's Spotify's issue, it can be controlled on different device.

ikerg

Just close Spotify from the recent applist (which are opened in background)

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Quick question guys, Do you think 'mileage' feature valuable as you think? I mean record your routing history and total count for you as data overview. Please share your thoughts and attach your region if convenient, thanks.

Last edited:

23gianni23

Nov 6, 2014
bari
I answer you from Italy, in my opinion it is information that can be overshadowed maybe tonight make it optional from the settings would be a nice thing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After updating to the latest version that came out, I see everything worse... Also, something very important for me, I lost all the favorite radio stations with the image and the name that I gave it. I have returned to put image and text in each radio, but on the main screen they do not appear. Can you fix it @vivid_1?

On the other hand, to use OK Google to call my contacts, do I need MTCdialer as a colleague says?

Thanks for support
    Hi @vivid_1 could you please answer @pheff questions? I and some other users have noticed the same problems.

1. Not working OK Google to call contacts. Should we install MTCdialer as it is mentioned by @jpdrm?

2. After last update we lost all the favorite radio stations with the image and the name that we gave. Moreover, the logos and names customization is not working again.
    Hi Guys,
    @pheff

We'v tested older version to update with several versions, cannot reproduce the radio customizable miss and not working issue, do you guys now still reproducible? and any clue can give me? or can help to report a bug for us?

In the previous version there was no problem. You customized the radios and they were selected. Now, you customize them and when you turn off the radio, they are lost...

In addition, even when you customize text and image and have not yet turned off, the home screen does not show neither text nor image
    I only use Vivid with the dark theme, but can you add an option that Google Maps widget is not automatically dark as well? That could be set separately. Thank you!
    That's possible, we can add one map theme toggle in the setting in the future.
    After updating to the latest version that came out, I see everything worse... Also, something very important for me, I lost all the favorite radio stations with the image and the name that I gave it. I have returned to put image and text in each radio, but on the main screen they do not appear. Can you fix it @vivid_1?

On the other hand, to use OK Google to call my contacts, do I need MTCdialer as a colleague says?

Thanks for support
    I don't think it's necessary to be so rude. is the official post of Vivid Launcher... which by the way is the best launcher I've tried for my unit, that's why integrity with other radio applications is requested. You don't have to talk like we're doing something wrong.
    I wasn't rude....perhaps you were annoyed as the answer was not the one you expected. I just explained why integration is not made on many devices....but you always can ask the manufacturer of your device to talk to vivid team to help them to integrate your unit.
    VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, intuitive and easy to use. Here are the major features you're going to find out in VIVID:

* Split home screen - It applies a split home screen for the most important 2 features while you're driving, Maps and Media, so that you don't have to jump back and forth among apps. And you can also easily access to the recent apps from the bottom bar.

* Navigation - Google Maps, Waze, Amigo, iGo, no matter what navigation apps you're using, once you used it, it will stay at the bottom bar as your default Maps app.

* Media - Highly customized UI for in-vehicle scenarios, and it's compatible with any standard media browse services, e.g. DAB-Z.

* Phone - Integrated with HCT and ums512_1h10_Natv Head Units, and highly customized UI for phone calling, it's simple and easy to use!

* Hardware Integration - Integrated with HCT and ums512_1h10_Natv HUs, you can use native radio and Bluetooth call, music

* OTA update - Continuously improve and listen to user feedback, new release is bi-weekly or monthly.

The download link and release notes are in second floor blow in this post.

Slide 16_9 - 1.png

Slide 16_9 - 2.png

Slide 16_9 - 3.png

Slide 16_9 - 4.png
    Slide 16_9 - 4.png

device-2021-09-18-174549.png
    playlist_list copy.png
    fullscreen_player copy.png
    tuner copy.png
    softeware_update copy.png

For all the lovely people saw here so far:
    1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
    2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
      1. Dashboard layout switch
      2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
      3. Your suggestions

Warning: VIVID is free for only personal users, for commercial usage please contact us.

Can you do vivid a favor? Please give us a rating on Google play so that more people can enjoy vivid experience in car. And thank you for all the way helping vivid getting better day by day. Really appreciate!!​

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher

[Jun.18 2022] We are releasing new version 5.6.3408 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Android native widget support (Add widgets you like)
    2. Support custom splash images
    3. Radio cover and title customized
    4. Google map smooth improvement
    5. Android 12 support
    6. Card dashboard clock widget support
    7. Fix bugs and performance improvement
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    Apk Download Link: vivid launcher apk

[April.29 2022] We are releasing new version 5.3.3388 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Fix map nav panel not show issue and improve map update
    2. Fix music autoplay bugs
    3. Local music folder alphabetically order
    4. UI tuning
    5. Add user feedback entrance in setting
    6. Improve stability and performance
    7. Fix bugs
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher

[Mar.21 2022] We are releasing new version 5.3.3372 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Improve media auto play when startup
    2. Add delete call history function
    3. Add user can skip OTA version function
    4. Fix bugs

[Mar.7 2022] We are releasing new version 5.2.3365 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Android 11 support (Update ROM from 10 to 11 please contact Dasaita)
    2. Card Dashboard for all users and experience refine
    3. Google voice assistant support (Support all domains include voice Dialing but some hardware has compatible issue because of Google)
    4. VIVID Settings UI reorg and tuning
    5. Apps page horizontal swipe
    6. Email login
    7. Speedometer widget support
    8. Add reboot button in setting
    9. Fix bugs

[Feb.17 2022] We are releasing new version 5.1.3358 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for yesterday's build 5.1.3355
    2. Fix quickly switch media sources may lose media source choices issue

[Feb.16 2022] We are releasing new version 5.1.3355 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard map and nav panel optimization
    2. Add Home/Work address shortcut
    3. Media source change and browse refactor
    4. Add stable and canary OTA option
    5. Don't auto change BT name and pin, be able to change in setting
    6. Weather improvement
    7. Bug fix

[Jan.4 2022] We are releasing new version 4.12.3333 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Improve performance and fix bugs

[Dec.20 2021] We are releasing new version 4.12.3331 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard weather and full weather page support
    2. Sort and Search apps support
    3. Steering wheel issues with Zilink and local video fix
    4. Spotify cover support
    5. Fix bugs and improve performance
    Apk Download Link:

[Dec.06 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3327 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Lock screen valet mode with password
    2. Support drag and drop to change app position
    3. Support steering wheel pause button
    4. Don't duck audio sound when receive bluetooth notification on PX6
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/CLBABbrS#muEzuuMIiHViET7iUDU14rBUnxVw4sRG9TFkuzouZHo

[Nov.23 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3321 today! This is hot fix for yesterday's version.
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for phone bluetooth notification will pause vivid music issue
    Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Hbx0nAqT#yvUQbRvEaB8qdeE4VtTf9FRwttINepCw6K0Zvc6FMYY

[Nov.22 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3318 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Support Android split screen on dashboard (Long click ’recent' control on status bar). Please contract Dasaita for latest ROM to support split screen if you are Dasaita users, if other ROM, you may support already.
    2. Day/Night theme auto change timezone bug fix
    3. Support navigation bar apps customization (Long click apps to pin or unpin)
    4. Improve performance
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Refer to video how to enable split screen

Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Pax0USxa#nOZG21r5QPoMrrSMj8D0gdssTeui1YQ6TXNADT0AM8I

[Nov.8 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3306 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Day/Night auto mode change theme based on sunrise/sunset time
    2. On/Off setting for 'vivid music widget' show on other apps
    3. Wallpaper can be selected from local device
    4. Left map will change to HeadingUp instead always NorthUp while driving
    5. Android 11 compatible support
    6. Fixed cardLayout dashboard phone call not showing issue
    7. Fixed driving mode restriction on search bugs
    8. Fix other bugs and crashes
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/6fZHCKoB#8-h_9rBlxSBPeQbWgXnnvKUlPreLML70qe_aoAGR4_I

[Oct.25 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3295 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. All apps page change from smart group to original grid layout
    2. Add shortcut to open control panel on domain bar
    3. Fix Dashboard nav search not working issue
    4. Disable search panel pull up every time
    5. Dashboard layout switch (only ROM users, Beta function, known issue in answering phone)
    6. Zoom in google map view zoom level
    7. Fix Zlink steering wheel control not working issue
    8. Fix steering wheel cannot hangup phone issue
    9. Fix bugs and crashes
    Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
    2. All apps page use smart group
    3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
    4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
    5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
    Hey Guys, new release mainly for improve stability and performance. Tuning ui detail etc.

Can you do vivid a favor? Please give us a rating on Google play so that more people can enjoy vivid experience in car. And thank you for all the way helping vivid getting better day by day. Really appreciate!!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher

[April.29 2022] We are releasing new version 5.3.3388 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Fix map nav panel not show issue and improve map update
    2. Fix music autoplay bugs
    3. Local music folder alphabetically order
    4. UI tuning
    5. Add user feedback entrance in setting
    6. Improve stability and performance
    7. Fix bugs
    In my opinion....vivid team is making a huge effort on supporting customized ROMs which I think...is a nonsense.
    Stock manufacturers rom must be a base .... whoever wanted vivid....just install stock and vivid or a full vivid rom.
    Vivid team should pay attention on the vivid enhancement and new features and not to change behavior for customized roms....what could cause that new bugs appear over the stock and vivid roms, which is the intended market.
    So @KhangTran476 i suggest you to move to stock/ vivid rom in order to try the vivid features and report the bugs or new enhaccements in a more efficient way.

If vivid is not working on customized paid roms....it is a duty of the rom's author (who is get paid ) to solve it
    Right that's in plan. And we've look at that issue yesterday, we cannot add NavRadio/NavRadio+ into media list cause they did conflict with vivid radio, but in next release we'll actually try to let them working well with vivid launcher but cannot control by vivid launcher.
    Hi, I'm the developer of NavRadio+.
    I found that to make my app work with vivid launcher i need to add a mediaplayer service in my code so the launcher can properly give audiofocus to my app.
    Right now NavRadio start only a mediasession to send logo and radio infos but I'm working on adding the mediaplayer service to avoid these kind of problems, i just need to find the time and proper way to add it.
    In the while I can tell you some actions that could be usefull:

The main NavRadio+ service is "com.navimods.radio.RadioService"
    The NavRadio_free service is "com.navimods.radio_free.RadioService"

To start playing and gain audiofocus: "navimods_play_action"
    To stop the service: "navimods_stop.service"
    To switch to next station: "navimods_next_action"
    To switch to prev station: "navimods_prev_action"

I hope this help a bit.

If you need more infos, feel free to ask.

;)