• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[VIVID Launcher] Official Post (Keep updating)

Search This thread

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
This post will be used as [VIVID Launcher] official post for the future updates.

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
Major changes are:
  1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
  2. All apps page use smart group
  3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
  4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
  5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
device-2021-09-18-174549.png

Download Links:

Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
* Available countries/regions: Australia, Canada, Czechia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States

APK: https://mega.nz/file/mDhQgaSS#5A7Njj-baveIfiOUoikNU1eB_W-eU30ER3Ug2j9fXm4
* Manage upgrade by itself

For people never use [VIVID Launcher] before:

VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, and the most important is very intuitive and easy to use.
Original post is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-launcher-vivid-best-launcher-for-driving.4308669/

For people who used [VIVID ROM for MTCD] and [VIVID Launcher] before:

We found many hardware compatible issues when we want to deliver our product experiences through doing a ROM. So making a launcher is more general, will benefit more people. Although the launcher starts with simple features, has some limitations, may not meet all you need at first, but we want to keep improving, launch new features and start polls and listen to what you suggest in the forum.

For all the lovely people saw here so far:

1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
  2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
    1. Dashboard layout switch
    2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
    3. Your suggestions

darealown

Oct 23, 2017
Is it planned to support more car manufacturer in future? E.g. i can't select my car (Seat Ibiza) right now. I guess it shouldn't be that hard to get this working, because other modells of the Volkwagen group are already implemented?

Thanks a lot!

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Is it planned to support more car manufacturer in future? E.g. i can't select my car (Seat Ibiza) right now. I guess it shouldn't be that hard to get this working, because other modells of the Volkwagen group are already implemented?

Thanks a lot!
Yes we'd like to; we have a 'other' options for input the Car which is not listed, did you try that? or what kind of function is not working for your (Seat Ibiza) maybe?

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
When the car is in service (or valet parking) google account data and private data could.be compromised. Could be a future option for blocking the access to the unit by means of pin code?

Reactions: yhzhou

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
What is expected to do the specific car selection to do? Are you planning to get signals from canbus for specific functionalities?

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
When trying to.put a direction on main screen the keyboard is blocked with a message that typing while.driving is not allowed. In my case the car was parked. Is it a bug? Is there any way to enable keyboard typing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.
    When the car is in service (or valet parking) google account data and private data could.be compromised. Could be a future option for blocking the access to the unit by means of pin code?
    Issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps twice.
    C-HR is not in the list of vehicles.
    You don't need to worry about that. Just choose any car in the list. That's none function.
    Do you plan to customize the home screen, namely the addition and selection of the necessary widgets. For example, I'm not very comfortable using the map widget, it would be interesting to put a speedometer or something like that there. More settings for the launcher itself. And further. I do not use music applications (only via bluetooth) and the music icon on the bottom panel is useless, but I cannot remove it. Anyway, thanks for awesome launcher
    Thanks for advice, adding more customization options is in plan, stay tune and more suggestion is welcome~
    This post will be used as [VIVID Launcher] official post for the future updates.

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
    2. All apps page use smart group
    3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
    4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
    5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
    device-2021-09-18-174549.png

Download Links:

Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    * Available countries/regions: Australia, Canada, Czechia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States

APK: https://mega.nz/file/mDhQgaSS#5A7Njj-baveIfiOUoikNU1eB_W-eU30ER3Ug2j9fXm4
    * Manage upgrade by itself

For people never use [VIVID Launcher] before:

VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, and the most important is very intuitive and easy to use.
    Original post is here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-launcher-vivid-best-launcher-for-driving.4308669/

For people who used [VIVID ROM for MTCD] and [VIVID Launcher] before:

We found many hardware compatible issues when we want to deliver our product experiences through doing a ROM. So making a launcher is more general, will benefit more people. Although the launcher starts with simple features, has some limitations, may not meet all you need at first, but we want to keep improving, launch new features and start polls and listen to what you suggest in the forum.

For all the lovely people saw here so far:

1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
    2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
      1. Dashboard layout switch
      2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
      3. Your suggestions
    Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.
    Issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps twice.
    C-HR is not in the list of vehicles.
    You don't need to worry about that. Just choose any car in the list. That's none function.