• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[VIVID Launcher] Official Post (Keep updating)

Search This thread

yhzhou

Aug 29, 2018
Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.
Waze don't provide any api for provide a mapview in another app(vivid), but in the future maybe headunit split window can meet your need, but that may need user action, thanks for suggest

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Although you are not part of zlink...when using carplay (zlink) steering wheel is not working (when worked on previous hct firmwares without vivid) if pressing next song it is translated as next song in vivid and not in carplay and automatically switches audio to vivid

Edit....
This behavior occurs with any third party application.. the vivid music widget keeps as primary and steering wheel buttons only activate vivid music and not 3rd party app

Edit 2:
The issue is that sometimes ...the music control widget that overlays on any screen do not focus on the current 3rs parte app (like spotify) and never on zlink

If you were playing something fron bluetooth and changes to vivid 3rd party app (like spotify) sometimes it randomly goes back to bluetooth music (without pressing anything)

Last edited:

nxdesign

Jun 14, 2021
Although you are not part of zlink...when using carplay (zlink) steering wheel is not working (when worked on previous hct firmwares without vivid) if pressing next song it is translated as next song in vivid and not in carplay and automatically switches audio to vivid

Edit....
This behavior occurs with any third party application.. the vivid music widget keeps as primary and steering wheel buttons only activate vivid music and not 3rd party app

Edit 2:
The issue is that sometimes ...the music control widget that overlays on any screen do not focus on the current 3rs parte app (like spotify) and never on zlink

If you were playing something fron bluetooth and changes to vivid 3rd party app (like spotify) sometimes it randomly goes back to bluetooth music (without pressing anything)
I had to uninstall vivid because of this issue. For those with android auto or carplay, we need a seamless experience where vivid just fades to background like the stock launcher.

Rami3073

Jul 22, 2017
I have to say, this launcher is the best car launcher I have ever used on an Android Head Unit! Well-done! I only have 2 feature requests:

1. Can you make an option to disable the floating Home and Music control button if we don't need it? In some apps it can be quite distracting.

2. Can the Maps section for google maps be more in line with showing live turn-by-turn navigation to be exactly how it works with the Google maps app? Also, when searching for an address it doesn't find anything. Bug?

Thank you.

Dec 24, 2012
love this launcher but would love to be able to customize it more and also would love to use Waze and Spotify as the 2 main apps on the home screen or option to change the main apps on the home screen would be a great idea

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021

Edit....

Edit 2:

are you using a vivid launcher only? or the deprecated vivid rom?

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
I have to say, this launcher is the best car launcher I have ever used on an Android Head Unit! Well-done! I only have 2 feature requests:

1. Can you make an option to disable the floating Home and Music control button if we don't need it? In some apps it can be quite distracting.

2. Can the Maps section for google maps be more in line with showing live turn-by-turn navigation to be exactly how it works with the Google maps app? Also, when searching for an address it doesn't find anything. Bug?

Thank you.
wow, thank you very much, this inspire us to keep moving forward.
for feature1, yes, will plan in future release
for feature2, not showing turn by turn is because google map don't provide this function for 3rd party. Searching in app is bug, will fix in later release

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.
If you mean add waze into the domain bar in the bottom, yes we can, you can just open waze map, then waze icon will replace google as shortcut. If you mean replace the left side map view, we cannot now cause waze don't support that

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
1. Please release new version with fixing issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps Twice.

2. Song list sort by randomly between "Name file" and "Song name". Hopefully you add with 2 options for sorting it.

3. Please remove the feature that the left-screen (MapView) keeps pulling up every time the launcher start.

4. For the right-screen (Music Player), add buttons switching between Local, Bluetooth, and Radio above Music Player instead of forcing access in the app.

5. Let's improve the ability to switching between Day and Night theme smoothly.

Top Liked Posts

I am waiting day by day for new update.
    When the car is in service (or valet parking) google account data and private data could.be compromised. Could be a future option for blocking the access to the unit by means of pin code?
    Issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps twice.
    C-HR is not in the list of vehicles.
    You don't need to worry about that. Just choose any car in the list. That's none function.
    Do you plan to customize the home screen, namely the addition and selection of the necessary widgets. For example, I'm not very comfortable using the map widget, it would be interesting to put a speedometer or something like that there. More settings for the launcher itself. And further. I do not use music applications (only via bluetooth) and the music icon on the bottom panel is useless, but I cannot remove it. Anyway, thanks for awesome launcher
    Thanks for advice, adding more customization options is in plan, stay tune and more suggestion is welcome~
    This post will be used as [VIVID Launcher] official post for the future updates.

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
    2. All apps page use smart group
    3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
    4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
    5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
    device-2021-09-18-174549.png

Download Links:

Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    * Available countries/regions: Australia, Canada, Czechia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States

APK: https://mega.nz/file/mDhQgaSS#5A7Njj-baveIfiOUoikNU1eB_W-eU30ER3Ug2j9fXm4
    * Manage upgrade by itself

For people never use [VIVID Launcher] before:

VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, and the most important is very intuitive and easy to use.
    Original post is here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-launcher-vivid-best-launcher-for-driving.4308669/

For people who used [VIVID ROM for MTCD] and [VIVID Launcher] before:

We found many hardware compatible issues when we want to deliver our product experiences through doing a ROM. So making a launcher is more general, will benefit more people. Although the launcher starts with simple features, has some limitations, may not meet all you need at first, but we want to keep improving, launch new features and start polls and listen to what you suggest in the forum.

For all the lovely people saw here so far:

1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
    2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
      1. Dashboard layout switch
      2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
      3. Your suggestions
    When the car is in service (or valet parking) google account data and private data could.be compromised. Could be a future option for blocking the access to the unit by means of pin code?
    Issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps twice.
    C-HR is not in the list of vehicles.
    You don't need to worry about that. Just choose any car in the list. That's none function.