• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[VIVID Launcher] Official Post (New release Dec.06 2021! LockScreen Valet mode with password feature)

Poll of Features you want in VIVID! (Pls comment on Trace2 if yours not in list or others)

• ScreenSaver which has lock PIN (Valet mode)

• Sorting apps

• Voice recognition for phone call

• Voice recognition for media control

• Voice recognition for nav

• Voice recognition for others?

• Others?

• speedometer on homepage

• Weather on homepage

• Directions on left map bottom of map instead in top of map because of blocking roads ahead.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
I don't think currently there is a specific function for specific car into Vivid

yhzhou

Aug 29, 2018
Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.
Waze don't provide any api for provide a mapview in another app(vivid), but in the future maybe headunit split window can meet your need, but that may need user action, thanks for suggest

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Although you are not part of zlink...when using carplay (zlink) steering wheel is not working (when worked on previous hct firmwares without vivid) if pressing next song it is translated as next song in vivid and not in carplay and automatically switches audio to vivid

Edit....
This behavior occurs with any third party application.. the vivid music widget keeps as primary and steering wheel buttons only activate vivid music and not 3rd party app

Edit 2:
The issue is that sometimes ...the music control widget that overlays on any screen do not focus on the current 3rs parte app (like spotify) and never on zlink

If you were playing something fron bluetooth and changes to vivid 3rd party app (like spotify) sometimes it randomly goes back to bluetooth music (without pressing anything)

Last edited:

nxdesign

Jun 14, 2021
Although you are not part of zlink...when using carplay (zlink) steering wheel is not working (when worked on previous hct firmwares without vivid) if pressing next song it is translated as next song in vivid and not in carplay and automatically switches audio to vivid

Edit....
This behavior occurs with any third party application.. the vivid music widget keeps as primary and steering wheel buttons only activate vivid music and not 3rd party app

Edit 2:
The issue is that sometimes ...the music control widget that overlays on any screen do not focus on the current 3rs parte app (like spotify) and never on zlink

If you were playing something fron bluetooth and changes to vivid 3rd party app (like spotify) sometimes it randomly goes back to bluetooth music (without pressing anything)
I had to uninstall vivid because of this issue. For those with android auto or carplay, we need a seamless experience where vivid just fades to background like the stock launcher.

Rami3073

Jul 22, 2017
I have to say, this launcher is the best car launcher I have ever used on an Android Head Unit! Well-done! I only have 2 feature requests:

1. Can you make an option to disable the floating Home and Music control button if we don't need it? In some apps it can be quite distracting.

2. Can the Maps section for google maps be more in line with showing live turn-by-turn navigation to be exactly how it works with the Google maps app? Also, when searching for an address it doesn't find anything. Bug?

Thank you.

Dec 24, 2012
love this launcher but would love to be able to customize it more and also would love to use Waze and Spotify as the 2 main apps on the home screen or option to change the main apps on the home screen would be a great idea

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021

Edit....

Edit 2:

are you using a vivid launcher only? or the deprecated vivid rom?

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
I had to uninstall vivid because of this issue. For those with android auto or carplay, we need a seamless experience where vivid just fades to background like the stock launcher.
If only use vivid launcher, this is happening, then it's a bug, we'll try to reproduce and fix in the future

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
I have to say, this launcher is the best car launcher I have ever used on an Android Head Unit! Well-done! I only have 2 feature requests:

1. Can you make an option to disable the floating Home and Music control button if we don't need it? In some apps it can be quite distracting.

2. Can the Maps section for google maps be more in line with showing live turn-by-turn navigation to be exactly how it works with the Google maps app? Also, when searching for an address it doesn't find anything. Bug?

Thank you.
wow, thank you very much, this inspire us to keep moving forward.
for feature1, yes, will plan in future release
for feature2, not showing turn by turn is because google map don't provide this function for 3rd party. Searching in app is bug, will fix in later release

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
love this launcher but would love to be able to customize it more and also would love to use Waze and Spotify as the 2 main apps on the home screen or option to change the main apps on the home screen would be a great idea
Thanks, that's the plan to add more customization in the future. Stay tune and more suggestion will be welcome

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.
If you mean add waze into the domain bar in the bottom, yes we can, you can just open waze map, then waze icon will replace google as shortcut. If you mean replace the left side map view, we cannot now cause waze don't support that

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
When trying to.put a direction on main screen the keyboard is blocked with a message that typing while.driving is not allowed. In my case the car was parked. Is it a bug? Is there any way to enable keyboard typing?
that should be a bug, we'll try to reproduce and fix it in the future

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
1. Please release new version with fixing issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps Twice.

2. Song list sort by randomly between "Name file" and "Song name". Hopefully you add with 2 options for sorting it.

3. Please remove the feature that the left-screen (MapView) keeps pulling up every time the launcher start.

4. For the right-screen (Music Player), add buttons switching between Local, Bluetooth, and Radio above Music Player instead of forcing access in the app.

5. Let's improve the ability to switching between Day and Night theme smoothly.

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
are you using a vivid launcher only? or the deprecated vivid rom?
I am using vivid Rom provided as stock by Dasaita....not the one published on forums.
Vivid is updated to the latest version available

What is the difference between a full vivid rom and hct rom+vivid launcher?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a BUG with the "AUTO" setting with the Appearance Ligh/Dark.
    When i Set to AUTO, over the Day - it has the DARK theme.
    And at the Night - it has the LIGHT theme.

Toyota C-HR

Please fix that. Thanks
    There is a BUG with the "AUTO" setting with the Appearance Ligh/Dark.
    When i Set to AUTO, over the Day - it has the DARK theme.
    And at the Night - it has the LIGHT theme.

Toyota C-HR

Please fix that. Thanks
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release.
    Same here. The auto dark/light theme is not working properly (PX6 MAX10).
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release. Please feel free to let us know when you find any issue/suggestion:)
    I think this issue is related ti the sunset/sunrise times....it seems it is not being updated to the timezone and the theme is being changed based on sunset/sunrise times from China
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release.
    Great Info!
    And please, could you look if you can integrate the Dasaita DAB APK v1.38, into the Home-Music app?

PS - Is there any way to reconfigure a button on my wheel?

The "MODE" button cycles between some integrated apps, like some Music Player, Video Player, Reverse Camera, Front Camera etc.

I just want to make it a "play/pause" button.

The "mute" button works, but sometimes i dont want to mute it, just to pause it, or just start the playback, so i dont have to touch the screen to press "PLAY/PAUSE".

Thanks!
    Hi there,

are you using can bus or swc?

The below video might be usefull for you switching from can to swc.

This post will be used as [VIVID Launcher] official post for the future updates.

[Dec.06 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3327 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Lock screen valet mode with password
    2. Support drag and drop to change app position
    3. Support steering wheel pause button
    4. Don't duck audio sound when receive bluetooth notification on PX6
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/CLBABbrS#muEzuuMIiHViET7iUDU14rBUnxVw4sRG9TFkuzouZHo

[Nov.23 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3321 today! This is hot fix for yesterday's version.
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for phone bluetooth notification will pause vivid music issue
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Hbx0nAqT#yvUQbRvEaB8qdeE4VtTf9FRwttINepCw6K0Zvc6FMYY

[Nov.22 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3318 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Support Android split screen on dashboard (Long click ’recent' control on status bar). Please contract Dasaita for latest ROM to support split screen if you are Dasaita users, if other ROM, you may support already.
    2. Day/Night theme auto change timezone bug fix
    3. Support navigation bar apps customization (Long click apps to pin or unpin)
    4. Improve performance
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Refer to video how to enable split screen

Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Pax0USxa#nOZG21r5QPoMrrSMj8D0gdssTeui1YQ6TXNADT0AM8I

[Nov.8 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3306 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Day/Night auto mode change theme based on sunrise/sunset time
    2. On/Off setting for 'vivid music widget' show on other apps
    3. Wallpaper can be selected from local device
    4. Left map will change to HeadingUp instead always NorthUp while driving
    5. Android 11 compatible support
    6. Fixed cardLayout dashboard phone call not showing issue
    7. Fixed driving mode restriction on search bugs
    8. Fix other bugs and crashes
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/6fZHCKoB#8-h_9rBlxSBPeQbWgXnnvKUlPreLML70qe_aoAGR4_I

[Oct.25 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3295 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. All apps page change from smart group to original grid layout
    2. Add shortcut to open control panel on domain bar
    3. Fix Dashboard nav search not working issue
    4. Disable search panel pull up every time
    5. Dashboard layout switch (only ROM users, Beta function, known issue in answering phone)
    6. Zoom in google map view zoom level
    7. Fix Zlink steering wheel control not working issue
    8. Fix steering wheel cannot hangup phone issue
    9. Fix bugs and crashes
    Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
    2. All apps page use smart group
    3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
    4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
    5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
    device-2021-09-18-174549.png

Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

* Available countries/regions: Australia, Canada, Czechia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States

For people never use [VIVID Launcher] before:

VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, and the most important is very intuitive and easy to use.
    Original post is here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-launcher-vivid-best-launcher-for-driving.4308669/

For people who used [VIVID ROM for MTCD] and [VIVID Launcher] before:

We found many hardware compatible issues when we want to deliver our product experiences through doing a ROM. So making a launcher is more general, will benefit more people. Although the launcher starts with simple features, has some limitations, may not meet all you need at first, but we want to keep improving, launch new features and start polls and listen to what you suggest in the forum.

For all the lovely people saw here so far:

1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
    2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
      1. Dashboard layout switch
      2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
      3. Your suggestions
    For FAQ: Please use latest version cause issues and feature requests may be fixed already. Constantly remove items which has already fixed.

Feature in plan:
    • Sorting apps
    • Add app icon packages of other style
    Bugs found:
    • Zlink(CarPlay) steering wheel control is not working (need more cases if any)
    • *Steering Wheel Buttons to move music backward and forward still skips 2 times the song. Rom no issue but I installed APK to Malaysk or Hal9k rom, this issue happened.
    Anything more please feel free reply
    As for now THIS is the best car launcher interface!
    GJ!
    thanks you~ that really inspire us. stay tune, we are on the way to make it better
    Issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps twice.