• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[VIVID Launcher] Official Post (New release Dec.06 2021! LockScreen Valet mode with password feature)

Poll of Features you want in VIVID! (Pls comment on Trace2 if yours not in list or others)

• ScreenSaver which has lock PIN (Valet mode)

• Sorting apps

• Voice recognition for phone call

• Voice recognition for media control

• Voice recognition for nav

• Voice recognition for others?

• Others?

• speedometer on homepage

• Weather on homepage

• Directions on left map bottom of map instead in top of map because of blocking roads ahead.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Dasaita, they release new version of Vivid Rom today. I have tested and am quite impressed for this update. I love the map rebuild at left side. Launcher version is 4.10.3295. Can you update it to download? I want to APK only.
Wow~ thanks. Will be on this forum page on Oct.25 on time. also you'll get ota update notification if you are already using vivid launcher right now.

halloj

Jun 1, 2008
Vivid is the same base unit from Dasaita. Only a new launcher, Vivid. It's fare from finished with lots of bugs and under-developed functions. Fixed screen on the main display, i.e. only radio/player on the right side. Only Google navigation on the left side. Sure you can have Waze as usual as an app, but not on the Vivid-screen.

I thought it was a new development, but it's not. Just a new launcher.

Use your old unit and install the launcher if you like it. Don't buy a new unit like I did. Or use the new FW suppose to be released Oct. 25 with Vivid included.

There's a main problem with the GPS-signal, reported by more than one person. It takes ages to get a GPS-signal. My old unit, basically the same unit without Vivid, no GPS problem.

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
*Some bugs:
- When you set "Pause" to the Steering Wheel, it doesn't work with Music Media outside of the menu, meaning the music doesn't pause when that button is pressed. But for Video app it works perfectly. In the previous version it worked but in this version it doesn't anymore.

- I'm testing Dasaita's Vivid Rom but don't know of any way to set up the Auto Light/Dark on system. When I choose Follow System it not switch when I turn on or off headlight.
-----------------
*Require additional function:
- Icons in the menu can be sorted by preference.

- Bottom bar allows apps can be pinned (Doesn't change when using another app). What I mean is to be able to enable the hardpin option, not to remove the "Show recently used apps" function.

- Is there any way to make the map on the left side outside the main menu support adding offline maps? Because when driving, the internet is not always available to update and load the map. The map keep re-loading after startup.

-------------
* Bugs fixed in the previous version:
- Steering Wheel move forward or backward music twice has been fixed.
- The search map window on the left no longer scrolls up after startup.

Last edited:

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
[Oct.25 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3295 today!
Major changes are:
  1. All apps page change from smart group to original grid layout
  2. Add shortcut to open control panel on domain bar
  3. Fix Dashboard nav search not working issue
  4. Disable search panel pull up every time
  5. Dashboard layout switch (only ROM users, Beta function, known issue in answering phone)
  6. Zoom in google map view zoom level
  7. Fix Zlink steering wheel control not working issue
  8. Fix steering wheel cannot hangup phone issue
  9. Fix bugs and crashes
Download Links:

Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher

APK: https://mega.nz/file/iGJRnIIY#RhHw_GPa9HSW_OsSA8z6MmU7IyMLfhL_dgdsm2MZT-M
* Manage upgrade by itself

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
*Some bugs:
- When you set "Pause" to the Steering Wheel, it doesn't work with Music Media outside of the menu, meaning the music doesn't pause when that button is pressed. But for Video app it works perfectly. In the previous version it worked but in this version it doesn't anymore.

- I'm testing Dasaita's Vivid Rom but don't know of any way to set up the Auto Light/Dark on system. When I choose Follow System it not switch when I turn on or off headlight.
-----------------
*Require additional function:
- Icons in the menu can be sorted by preference.

- Bottom bar allows apps can be pinned (Doesn't change when using another app). What I mean is to be able to enable the hardpin option, not to remove the "Show recently used apps" function.

- Is there any way to make the map on the left side outside the main menu support adding offline maps? Because when driving, the internet is not always available to update and load the map. The map keep re-loading after startup.

-------------
* Bugs fixed in the previous version:
- Steering Wheel move forward or backward music twice has been fixed.
- The search map window on the left no longer scrolls up after startup.
Hi KhangTran476 thanks for your feedback all the way.
1. "pause issue" we'll see
2. next release, system day/night change will be changed based on system time (headlight based will be considered in the future)
3. bottom bar pin is in plan, btw, do you want the 'show recently used"?
4. that's system split screen support, planed in future release, but split may be manually
about new release changes, pls see the release note I attached today.

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
Hi KhangTran476 thanks for your feedback all the way.
1. "pause issue" we'll see
2. next release, system day/night change will be changed based on system time (headlight based will be considered in the future)
3. bottom bar pin is in plan, btw, do you want the 'show recently used"?
4. that's system split screen support, planed in future release, but split may be manually
about new release changes, pls see the release note I attached today.
About the bottom bar pin app. I mean I don't like the "show recently used" function. But without having to remove that function. Just add an option to Settings to customize whether that function is ON or OFF. I just like to Pin some apps I want to show in the bottom right bar.

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
Bugs found:
*Steering Wheel Buttons to move music backward and forward still skips 2 times the song. Rom no issue but I installed APK to Malaysk or Hal9k rom, this issue happened.

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Bugs found:
*Steering Wheel Buttons to move music backward and forward still skips 2 times the song. Rom no issue but I installed APK to Malaysk or Hal9k rom, this issue happened.
Would you mind to try with other external media player like poweramp?
I found with scout system (an alternative to vivid for the US market developed by other team from.the same company) that for spotify it skipped 2 songs ...but with poweramp rwd/fwd button changed to the prev/next playlist and not prev/next song

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
Bugs found:
Add to bugs found. This is true cause this is something vivid conflicts with ROM behavior, in the ROM version we fix this by adding some ROM api, but for launcher version, there is bug which ROM not supported . We'll try to find if there is other solution for launcher case

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a BUG with the "AUTO" setting with the Appearance Ligh/Dark.
    When i Set to AUTO, over the Day - it has the DARK theme.
    And at the Night - it has the LIGHT theme.

Toyota C-HR

Please fix that. Thanks
    There is a BUG with the "AUTO" setting with the Appearance Ligh/Dark.
    When i Set to AUTO, over the Day - it has the DARK theme.
    And at the Night - it has the LIGHT theme.

Toyota C-HR

Please fix that. Thanks
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release.
    Same here. The auto dark/light theme is not working properly (PX6 MAX10).
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release. Please feel free to let us know when you find any issue/suggestion:)
    I think this issue is related ti the sunset/sunrise times....it seems it is not being updated to the timezone and the theme is being changed based on sunset/sunrise times from China
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release.
    Great Info!
    And please, could you look if you can integrate the Dasaita DAB APK v1.38, into the Home-Music app?

PS - Is there any way to reconfigure a button on my wheel?

The "MODE" button cycles between some integrated apps, like some Music Player, Video Player, Reverse Camera, Front Camera etc.

I just want to make it a "play/pause" button.

The "mute" button works, but sometimes i dont want to mute it, just to pause it, or just start the playback, so i dont have to touch the screen to press "PLAY/PAUSE".

Thanks!
    Hi there,

are you using can bus or swc?

The below video might be usefull for you switching from can to swc.

This post will be used as [VIVID Launcher] official post for the future updates.

[Dec.06 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3327 today !
    Major changes are:
    1. Lock screen valet mode with password
    2. Support drag and drop to change app position
    3. Support steering wheel pause button
    4. Don't duck audio sound when receive bluetooth notification on PX6
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/CLBABbrS#muEzuuMIiHViET7iUDU14rBUnxVw4sRG9TFkuzouZHo

[Nov.23 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3321 today! This is hot fix for yesterday's version.
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for phone bluetooth notification will pause vivid music issue
    Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Hbx0nAqT#yvUQbRvEaB8qdeE4VtTf9FRwttINepCw6K0Zvc6FMYY

[Nov.22 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3318 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Support Android split screen on dashboard (Long click ’recent' control on status bar). Please contract Dasaita for latest ROM to support split screen if you are Dasaita users, if other ROM, you may support already.
    2. Day/Night theme auto change timezone bug fix
    3. Support navigation bar apps customization (Long click apps to pin or unpin)
    4. Improve performance
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Refer to video how to enable split screen

Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Pax0USxa#nOZG21r5QPoMrrSMj8D0gdssTeui1YQ6TXNADT0AM8I

[Nov.8 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3306 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Day/Night auto mode change theme based on sunrise/sunset time
    2. On/Off setting for 'vivid music widget' show on other apps
    3. Wallpaper can be selected from local device
    4. Left map will change to HeadingUp instead always NorthUp while driving
    5. Android 11 compatible support
    6. Fixed cardLayout dashboard phone call not showing issue
    7. Fixed driving mode restriction on search bugs
    8. Fix other bugs and crashes
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/6fZHCKoB#8-h_9rBlxSBPeQbWgXnnvKUlPreLML70qe_aoAGR4_I

[Oct.25 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3295 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. All apps page change from smart group to original grid layout
    2. Add shortcut to open control panel on domain bar
    3. Fix Dashboard nav search not working issue
    4. Disable search panel pull up every time
    5. Dashboard layout switch (only ROM users, Beta function, known issue in answering phone)
    6. Zoom in google map view zoom level
    7. Fix Zlink steering wheel control not working issue
    8. Fix steering wheel cannot hangup phone issue
    9. Fix bugs and crashes
    Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
    2. All apps page use smart group
    3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
    4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
    5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
    device-2021-09-18-174549.png

Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

* Available countries/regions: Australia, Canada, Czechia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States

For people never use [VIVID Launcher] before:

VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, and the most important is very intuitive and easy to use.
    Original post is here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-launcher-vivid-best-launcher-for-driving.4308669/

For people who used [VIVID ROM for MTCD] and [VIVID Launcher] before:

We found many hardware compatible issues when we want to deliver our product experiences through doing a ROM. So making a launcher is more general, will benefit more people. Although the launcher starts with simple features, has some limitations, may not meet all you need at first, but we want to keep improving, launch new features and start polls and listen to what you suggest in the forum.

For all the lovely people saw here so far:

1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
    2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
      1. Dashboard layout switch
      2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
      3. Your suggestions
    For FAQ: Please use latest version cause issues and feature requests may be fixed already. Constantly remove items which has already fixed.

Feature in plan:
    • Sorting apps
    • Add app icon packages of other style
    Bugs found:
    • Zlink(CarPlay) steering wheel control is not working (need more cases if any)
    • *Steering Wheel Buttons to move music backward and forward still skips 2 times the song. Rom no issue but I installed APK to Malaysk or Hal9k rom, this issue happened.
    Anything more please feel free reply
    As for now THIS is the best car launcher interface!
    GJ!
    thanks you~ that really inspire us. stay tune, we are on the way to make it better
    Issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps twice.
    Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.