• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[VIVID Launcher] Official Post (New release Nov.23 2021 with 'Android split screen feature' !!) Happy Thanksgiving~

Poll of Features you want in VIVID! (Pls comment on Trace2 if yours not in list or others)

• ScreenSaver which has lock PIN (Valet mode)

• Sorting apps

• Voice recognition for phone call

• Voice recognition for media control

• Voice recognition for nav

• Voice recognition for others?

• Others?

• speedometer on homepage

• Weather on homepage

• Directions on left map bottom of map instead in top of map because of blocking roads ahead.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Could be updated the avrcp bluetooth protocol to show album.art and fully song control from bluetooth playing?

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
When you play a song from USB (MP3 File), there is a "HEART" symbol, for the "Favorite".
When i press it - nothing Happens.
No Favorite will be added, and cant find anything under the "Favorites" folder.
Ok when added to favorite clicked, you mean on dashboard right panel favorites not updated or in the music app the favorite is not updated?

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
No album art is displayed with spotify
I supposed that if Heart button was pressed for any radio station it would be added to "my stations" but it does nothing.
Ok when added to favorite clicked, you mean on dashboard right panel favorites not updated or in the music app the favorite is not updated?
Same question for the radio case?

Don Kihoty

Jan 21, 2011
When i add a song to Favorite, no Favorite can be found in the Favorite folder. The "heart" symbol does not change color. On MAX10 ROM, when you add a song to Favorite, the "heart/star" symbol changes to full color, and the Favorite song(s) can be found in the Favorite folder.

panshushu

Nov 25, 2021
Waze 不提供任何用于在另一个应用程序中提供地图视图的 api(生动),但将来可能 headunit split window 可以满足您的需求,但这可能需要用户操作,谢谢您的建议
It would be nice if it could support Gaode map

要是能支持高德地图就好了

Last edited by a moderator:

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
要是能支持高德地图就好了
Domestic users? It does support, if you choose Chinese as the system, then download the AutoNavi map car version

国内用户吗?确实支持的,如果你把系统选择成中文,然后下载高德地图车机版

Last edited by a moderator:

vivid_1

Sep 8, 2021
When i add a song to Favorite, no Favorite can be found in the Favorite folder. The "heart" symbol does not change color. On MAX10 ROM, when you add a song to Favorite, the "heart/star" symbol changes to full color, and the Favorite song(s) can be found in the Favorite folder.
That's weird, that's basic function always working on our side. Can you take a video for us to see what happen?

Hi Thanks

#2 For the BT volume issue. We did not reproduce. Could you help to confirm:
1)Did it work well when you use the original Rom or sount Rom?
#3. Did you use in US? We will do investigate

Best Regards
RDS is not working in Canada/Toronto either - just updated to the latest Google store version and checked. Works fine on my stock radio app.

panshushu

Nov 25, 2021

The application toolbar at the bottom cannot be automatically exited, which is a bit inconvenient. It occupies a part of the screen when navigating in full screen.

lsvazquez

Nov 11, 2021
Hi @vivid_1 The issue with the sterring wheel moving music backward and forward skiping 2 times the song is still there. Any idea when this could be fixed? Thank you.

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
In general moving from radio to local music and back by means of using the multimedia screen from.vivid is very slow....it does not react to the first touch of icons...you have to press several times to the action be executed

Don Kihoty

Jan 21, 2011
That's weird, that's basic function always working on our side. Can you take a video for us to see what happen?

Its fixed in the new ROM.
Old ROM: Vivid 20211119 -> Favorites dont work
New ROM: Vivid 20211123 -> Favorites work

But could you add the possibility to add a Folder/Album as a Favorite, not just a single Song?

And more important - please make the "PLAY" button more accessible:

So make the area bigger - because when i try to hit it while im driving, 7/10 it does not recognize/misses.

Attachments

• Play Button.jpg
    Play Button.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
When I use a period. Launcher becomes heavy and freezes the screen. Launcher makes CPU heat up quickly. Need to optimize the launcher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think a good solution for now would be to show Google Maps in driving mode in the left part of the screen instead of the top down view we have now.

View attachment 5448393
    Thanks for feedback, good idea we'll try if there SDK has such a thing. Next Monday's release when driving, the map will be heading up, not the north up always for current version
    [Nov.8 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3306 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Day/Night auto mode change theme based on sunrise/sunset time
    2. On/Off setting for 'vivid music widget' show on other apps
    3. Wallpaper can be selected from local device
    4. Left map will change to HeadingUp instead always NorthUp while driving
    5. Android 11 compatible support
    6. Fixed cardLayout dashboard phone call not showing issue
    7. Fixed driving mode restriction on search bugs
    8. Fix other bugs and crashes
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/6fZHCKoB#8-h_9rBlxSBPeQbWgXnnvKUlPreLML70qe_aoAGR4_I
    There is a BUG with the "AUTO" setting with the Appearance Ligh/Dark.
    When i Set to AUTO, over the Day - it has the DARK theme.
    And at the Night - it has the LIGHT theme.

Toyota C-HR

Please fix that. Thanks
    There is a BUG with the "AUTO" setting with the Appearance Ligh/Dark.
    When i Set to AUTO, over the Day - it has the DARK theme.
    And at the Night - it has the LIGHT theme.

Toyota C-HR

Please fix that. Thanks
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release.
    Same here. The auto dark/light theme is not working properly (PX6 MAX10).
    Thanks and we have already found the root cause. We will fix in next release. Please feel free to let us know when you find any issue/suggestion:)
    This post will be used as [VIVID Launcher] official post for the future updates.

[Nov.23 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3321 today! This is hot fix for yesterday's version.
    Major changes are:
    1. Hot fix for phone bluetooth notification will pause vivid music issue
    Google Play: Search keywords: “VIVID Launcher” or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.launcher
    Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Hbx0nAqT#yvUQbRvEaB8qdeE4VtTf9FRwttINepCw6K0Zvc6FMYY

[Nov.22 2021] We are releasing new version 4.11.3318 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Support Android split screen on dashboard (Long click ’recent' control on status bar). Please contract Dasaita for latest ROM to support split screen if you are Dasaita users, if other ROM, you may support already.
    2. Day/Night theme auto change timezone bug fix
    3. Support navigation bar apps customization (Long click apps to pin or unpin)
    4. Improve performance
    5. Fix crashes and bugs
    Refer to video how to enable split screen

Apk Download Link:https://mega.nz/file/Pax0USxa#nOZG21r5QPoMrrSMj8D0gdssTeui1YQ6TXNADT0AM8I

[Nov.8 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3306 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Day/Night auto mode change theme based on sunrise/sunset time
    2. On/Off setting for 'vivid music widget' show on other apps
    3. Wallpaper can be selected from local device
    4. Left map will change to HeadingUp instead always NorthUp while driving
    5. Android 11 compatible support
    6. Fixed cardLayout dashboard phone call not showing issue
    7. Fixed driving mode restriction on search bugs
    8. Fix other bugs and crashes
    Apk Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/6fZHCKoB#8-h_9rBlxSBPeQbWgXnnvKUlPreLML70qe_aoAGR4_I

[Oct.25 2021] We are releasing new version 4.10.3295 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. All apps page change from smart group to original grid layout
    2. Add shortcut to open control panel on domain bar
    3. Fix Dashboard nav search not working issue
    4. Disable search panel pull up every time
    5. Dashboard layout switch (only ROM users, Beta function, known issue in answering phone)
    6. Zoom in google map view zoom level
    7. Fix Zlink steering wheel control not working issue
    8. Fix steering wheel cannot hangup phone issue
    9. Fix bugs and crashes
    Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

[Sept.18 2021] We are releasing new version 4.9.3268 today!
    Major changes are:
    1. Dashboard google maps support route information panel display
    2. All apps page use smart group
    3. Domain Bar support pin apps from recent used apps
    4. Recent used apps support long press to remove
    5. Improve stability and fix lots of bugs
    device-2021-09-18-174549.png

Download Links(If you have no Google Play on your device, please reply to let us know)

* Available countries/regions: Australia, Canada, Czechia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States

For people never use [VIVID Launcher] before:

VIVID is a personalized launcher to offer best experiences while you're driving. It's designed neatly and beautiful, and the most important is very intuitive and easy to use.
    Original post is here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-launcher-vivid-best-launcher-for-driving.4308669/

For people who used [VIVID ROM for MTCD] and [VIVID Launcher] before:

We found many hardware compatible issues when we want to deliver our product experiences through doing a ROM. So making a launcher is more general, will benefit more people. Although the launcher starts with simple features, has some limitations, may not meet all you need at first, but we want to keep improving, launch new features and start polls and listen to what you suggest in the forum.

For all the lovely people saw here so far:

1. Your ideas matter: we want to here from you about your pain point using your headunit for now, features you want to have, services you want to connect to and what we haven't done good enough.
    2. Features we'll deliver in the several coming release:
      1. Dashboard layout switch
      2. Google assistant certain level support (voice nav, music control, dial etc.)
      3. Your suggestions
    For FAQ: Please use latest version cause issues and feature requests may be fixed already. Constantly remove items which has already fixed.

Feature in plan:
    • ScreenSaver which has lock PIN (for valet mode, car wash mode etc)
    • Sorting apps
    • Add app icon packages of other style
    Bugs found:
    • Bluetooth notification ducking music which is playing
    • Zlink(CarPlay) steering wheel control is not working (need more cases if any)
    • *Steering Wheel Buttons to move music backward and forward still skips 2 times the song. Rom no issue but I installed APK to Malaysk or Hal9k rom, this issue happened.
    Anything more please feel free reply
    As for now THIS is the best car launcher interface!
    GJ!
    thanks you~ that really inspire us. stay tune, we are on the way to make it better
    Issue: Music Player, when I move forward or backward the song using the Steering Wheel button, it jumps twice.
    Can you support show Waze map at the main menu? Wave map more stable and smoother than Google Map at all. I mean don't need to replace it, just add an option to Settings.