• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

VIVID - ROM for PX5/PX6 with Android 10

Search This thread

Traindriver316

Aug 2, 2021
Hi @keeploading

I would like to install this rom. Can I use this on my radio? Many greetings

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
Hi! I really like your VIVID ROM, I'm installing the July version and I'd like to give some feedback and hope you will change it.
------------------
1. Map on the left Main Menu:
- I don't like the search box that keeps pulling up every time I start the rom.
- The map show is not optimal, the normal display of the map is too high, and when zoom-in, it is too close to see the upcoming road.
- Is there any way to make it work like it does access the Google Map app? That mean, you can show the route you want to go to.
- I tried AutoNavi app but any way to turn to English?

2. Display:
- The day and night interface is very messy, during the day it turns to night and at night it switches to the daytime interface. If possible, change it to recognize the Day/Night mode of your Android device. Or have the option to set according to the system time.

3. Launcher:
- I am using on PX6 and feel your Launcher is very heavy and it is very good to restart Launcher every time when accessing an application and back to Home screen. Movement is not smooth.
- When entering the App menu, the apps cannot be moved and sorted by preference. I think it's a good idea to allow to sorting.

4. Bottom Bar (Recent using app):
- I think I should follow the option to enable or disable the "Recent Using App" function to display in the Bottom Bar. Because I prefer to show "Fixed App" than keep showing recent used apps.

5. System:
- I don't understand why the bluetooth Name and Code keep resetting to VIVID and the Code is random every time I reboot the system.

6. Personally:
- About personally, I think it's better to add some quick animation when accessing or exiting the app. It feels smoother.

blak24

Dec 28, 2010
Falconara Marittima
Hi everyone, I'm trying to update my PX6 to the new VIVID ROM. I'm having issues anyway. I'm currently running MTCE.HA_V3.53_1.

I formatted my USB drive in FAT32, and copied the update.zip extracted from the download link in the open post. The radio finds the update and asks to do it, but when I press ok it reboots and then the Android recovery tells me it was unable to mount USB storage and can't find the update file, so the update aborts.

What can I do? It's my first time trying to flash the radio.

Also I have some questions about the VIVID ROM:

- Will it support my rear camera when I go backwards? I think this is firmware-related and sound works, but I'm asking anyway to be sure.
- Will features be available as where they are now? I mean, the "secret" advanced menu, tpms and other car-related info and controls.

Thanks

EDIT: I attach screenshot of the error

Attachments

• 20210908_182444.jpg
    20210908_182444.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34

evilminder

Apr 6, 2011
after flashing, I realised that it is incompatible with Apple Music. The launcher goes into a crash loop and the whole unit becomes unusable when Apple Music is launched.

Other than that, I love the clean UI and the polished interface. It’s good work there.

Don Kihoty

Jan 21, 2011
Hi Guys!

Using a Dasaita PX6 for the Toyota C-HR -> MAX10-CP-H:
Canbus: CB004

Some questions i´ve got:
1. Will it work with my back-up camera?
2. Doest it work with Google Play Store?
3. Does it work with the Dasaita GPS Module?
4. Does HereWeGo work?
5. Steering Wheel buttons supported on C-HR?
6. DAB-Z support for DASAITA DAB BOX?

Last edited:

zalu8

May 20, 2018
Istanbul
Hi everyone, I'm trying to update my PX6 to the new VIVID ROM. I'm having issues anyway. I'm currently running MTCE.HA_V3.53_1.

I formatted my USB drive in FAT32, and copied the update.zip extracted from the download link in the open post. The radio finds the update and asks to do it, but when I press ok it reboots and then the Android recovery tells me it was unable to mount USB storage and can't find the update file, so the update aborts.

What can I do? It's my first time trying to flash the radio.

Also I have some questions about the VIVID ROM:

- Will it support my rear camera when I go backwards? I think this is firmware-related and sound works, but I'm asking anyway to be sure.
- Will features be available as where they are now? I mean, the "secret" advanced menu, tpms and other car-related info and controls.

Thanks

EDIT: I attach screenshot of the error
I got the same error too. Changing the usb port fixed it.

blak24

Dec 28, 2010
Falconara Marittima
I got the same error too. Changing the usb port fixed it.
I tried with all the three USB ports, the 2 rear ones and the front one integrated in the car. I'll re-try formatting in FAT32 but with a different partition table. That USB key was used to install Windows so it had some hidden partitions for that. I deleted all of them now and created one big partition in FAT32, hope now will work

volker64

Nov 11, 2017
DÜW
Hello, I wrote to Dasaita asking if I could install the Vivid on my PX6. The answer is that it doesn't work because there are different systems? Has anyone run the Vivid on PX6, and does the reset work on the old system?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here comes a special ROM for HCT’s PX5 and PX6 head units, and we call it VIVID. if you’re in China, or you speak English, German, French, Italian, or Spanish, we’re happy to invite you to have a try on this ROM.

You can download PX5 Android 10 here, and PX6 Android 10 here.

So far, It can only support HCT’s PX5/PX6 with Android 10, please check out your system’s about page at “Settings - About machine” as follow

px5.png

The major features in this ROM:

1. Navigation: integrated with Google Maps, AutoNavi, Baidu Maps and Waze;
    2. Music: Deezer, Kugou, Kuwo, Ximalaya, and built-in Bluetooth and radio
    3. Voice assistant: Houndify inside, which can do music playing, search coffee/restaurant/..., ask for weather, etc.
    4. System settings and Bluetooth phone.

Everything is integrated gracefully, here are some screenshots, hope you will like it.

Home page:

main_2.png

Music:
    playlist_list copy.png

fullscreen_player copy.png

tuner copy.png

Settings:
    softeware_update copy.png

Voice:
    device-2021-03-24-174817.png

Phone:
    device-2021-03-23-200114.png

We’re still in a beta testing phase, so any suggestions/feedbacks are highly welcomed!
    I installed it and got to the page asking to verify via Facebook, Wechat or phone for what purpose I don't know. So I deleted the firmware and went back to Android 10 HCT7.
    Why not have the APK theme instead of a full firmware?
    Hello,
    I have install it to test but i want to go back to factory firmware but i can't.
    When i want to reinstall factory firmware that the date is under 2021, that say that i can downgrade to previous version.
    How can i do this ?
    with sd card & rockchip tool or with usb cable back 2 back or wait 4 release latest factory image
    So to sum up..
    You make a launcher and you made a post introducing it like a custom rom ... plus that verification thing thru facebook makes the whole thing very suspicious to me.
    Do i get this right?
    In addition, I wish there were free ROMs other than the occasional factory updates for our PX5 and PX6 head units.

But that has been pretty much monopolized by only 2 people who charge for their ROMs. Nobody would ever offer a free MTCD/E ROM here as they would likely be squashed. They both know one can't offer their ROM for free without squeezing the other guy out.

I have wondered if they both aren't really the same person selling 2 different ROMs but that's a different issue altogether.