• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

VIVID - ROM for PX5/PX6 with Android 10

Search This thread

toto13015

Sep 1, 2014
Gard (30)
Hello,

At the moment of this version of the VIVID rom can we send SMS and make calls with just sharing the connection of the smartphone by just pressing the microphone button on the steering wheel with the Google assistant ???
Because with the original rom and Malaysk rom this is not possible.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards
Christophe

Last edited:

toto13015

Sep 1, 2014
Gard (30)
Hello,

I have the original ROM installed on my PX5 RK3368 HCT and when I want to put your VIVID rom well it does not install in the verification part there is an error and the installation is canceled.

1) USB stick with update.zip at the root
2) Insertion of the said key into the hardware
3) Detection of it as an update
4) Press on erase data and installation
5) reboot and menu to select update installation by USB
6) the device checks before installation and after 83 seconds installation aborted

Thank you for your reply

Regards
Christophe

KhangTran476

Mar 29, 2020
Hello everyone! After using it for a time, I have a few tips. Recommend to using Mod ROM from Malaysk or Hal9k and then install VIVID launcher individually from Google Play Store, it's free. After a month, they keep updating to version 4.9 and it seems to be more stable than the previous version. The Google Map show at main menu already supports displaying route information, but still does not show upcoming routes when in route mode like inside the App.

Last edited:

yhzhou

Aug 29, 2018
Hello,

I have the original ROM installed on my PX5 RK3368 HCT and when I want to put your VIVID rom well it does not install in the verification part there is an error and the installation is canceled.

1) USB stick with update.zip at the root
2) Insertion of the said key into the hardware
3) Detection of it as an update
4) Press on erase data and installation
5) reboot and menu to select update installation by USB
6) the device checks before installation and after 83 seconds installation aborted

Thank you for your reply

Regards
Christophe
Pls refer to VIVID Launcher since ROM version has some hardware compatible issue

yhzhou

Aug 29, 2018
Hello everyone! After using it for a time, I have a few tips. Recommend to using Mod ROM from Malaysk or Hal9k and then install VIVID launcher individually from Google Play Store, it's free. After a month, they keep updating to version 4.9 and it seems to be more stable than the previous version. The Google Map show at main menu already supports displaying route information, but still does not show upcoming routes when in route mode like inside the App.
right, we are keep updating in the future, pls stay tune

yhzhou

Aug 29, 2018
Hello,

At the moment of this version of the VIVID rom can we send SMS and make calls with just sharing the connection of the smartphone by just pressing the microphone button on the steering wheel with the Google assistant ???
Because with the original rom and Malaysk rom this is not possible.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards
Christophe
This is in planning, but may take a while, presumably in Q1 in 2022

yhzhou

Aug 29, 2018
Hi! I really like your VIVID ROM, I'm installing the July version and I'd like to give some feedback and hope you will change it.
------------------
1. Map on the left Main Menu:
- I don't like the search box that keeps pulling up every time I start the rom.
- The map show is not optimal, the normal display of the map is too high, and when zoom-in, it is too close to see the upcoming road.
- Is there any way to make it work like it does access the Google Map app? That mean, you can show the route you want to go to.
- I tried AutoNavi app but any way to turn to English?

2. Display:
- The day and night interface is very messy, during the day it turns to night and at night it switches to the daytime interface. If possible, change it to recognize the Day/Night mode of your Android device. Or have the option to set according to the system time.

3. Launcher:
- I am using on PX6 and feel your Launcher is very heavy and it is very good to restart Launcher every time when accessing an application and back to Home screen. Movement is not smooth.
- When entering the App menu, the apps cannot be moved and sorted by preference. I think it's a good idea to allow to sorting.

4. Bottom Bar (Recent using app):
- I think I should follow the option to enable or disable the "Recent Using App" function to display in the Bottom Bar. Because I prefer to show "Fixed App" than keep showing recent used apps.

5. System:
- I don't understand why the bluetooth Name and Code keep resetting to VIVID and the Code is random every time I reboot the system.

6. Personally:
- About personally, I think it's better to add some quick animation when accessing or exiting the app. It feels smoother.
Thanks for your use and sorry for the late reply. We'd like to keep updating with the Launcher app version to fix those issues.
Pls refer to VIVID Launcher since ROM version has some hardware compatible issue
1. Since google map has not provide any way to make dynamic routing used by other, we cannot do routing display, but already add route info in dashboard
2. Will fix per system time in the future
3. Apps will be updated
4. Latest version is still not good enough but you can have pinned apps
5. If logged in, those names becomes your user name
6. Nice suggestion, hopefully in the future release

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Is there any difference between installing a rom including vivid and installing the vivid launcher over a stock android 10 hct rom?

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
There is not any rom developed for px30 from long time....
Developing is more focused on current products like px6 and other coming products

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here comes a special ROM for HCT’s PX5 and PX6 head units, and we call it VIVID. if you’re in China, or you speak English, German, French, Italian, or Spanish, we’re happy to invite you to have a try on this ROM.

You can download PX5 Android 10 here, and PX6 Android 10 here.

So far, It can only support HCT’s PX5/PX6 with Android 10, please check out your system’s about page at “Settings - About machine” as follow

px5.png

The major features in this ROM:

1. Navigation: integrated with Google Maps, AutoNavi, Baidu Maps and Waze;
    2. Music: Deezer, Kugou, Kuwo, Ximalaya, and built-in Bluetooth and radio
    3. Voice assistant: Houndify inside, which can do music playing, search coffee/restaurant/..., ask for weather, etc.
    4. System settings and Bluetooth phone.

Everything is integrated gracefully, here are some screenshots, hope you will like it.

Home page:

main_2.png

Music:
    playlist_list copy.png

fullscreen_player copy.png

tuner copy.png

Settings:
    softeware_update copy.png

Voice:
    device-2021-03-24-174817.png

Phone:
    device-2021-03-23-200114.png

We’re still in a beta testing phase, so any suggestions/feedbacks are highly welcomed!
    I installed it and got to the page asking to verify via Facebook, Wechat or phone for what purpose I don't know. So I deleted the firmware and went back to Android 10 HCT7.
    Why not have the APK theme instead of a full firmware?
    Hello,
    I have install it to test but i want to go back to factory firmware but i can't.
    When i want to reinstall factory firmware that the date is under 2021, that say that i can downgrade to previous version.
    How can i do this ?
    with sd card & rockchip tool or with usb cable back 2 back or wait 4 release latest factory image
    So to sum up..
    You make a launcher and you made a post introducing it like a custom rom ... plus that verification thing thru facebook makes the whole thing very suspicious to me.
    Do i get this right?
    In addition, I wish there were free ROMs other than the occasional factory updates for our PX5 and PX6 head units.

But that has been pretty much monopolized by only 2 people who charge for their ROMs. Nobody would ever offer a free MTCD/E ROM here as they would likely be squashed. They both know one can't offer their ROM for free without squeezing the other guy out.

I have wondered if they both aren't really the same person selling 2 different ROMs but that's a different issue altogether.