• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

VIVID - ROM for PX5/PX6 with Android 10

Search This thread

ChrisPHL

Jan 27, 2016
Can you please explain how I configure this?
On my brand new device I just started the Navigation app (white arrow on blue background) for the first time and got a menu where I could select my navigation app (Magic Earth). I was not able to figure out how to change that again. :-(
I found it: Start "Settings"-->"CAR"-->"Navi"-->Select Navi App". :)

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
Can you please explain how I configure this?

Another question, I'm listen to music from usb stick, but I'm not able to play the whole library, it added just one album.

Can I configure that after boot up the radio, the music starts to play automatically?
We don't support Magic Earth yet, will add it into July's release, it may take some time.

In "Folders" tab, it should list all your folders which contains available media files, and the first item of this tab should be all supported media files, if you can't see it, maybe you can upload a screen shot.

There is an "Auto resume media after reboot" option in "Settings" -> "Quick Controls", if you enable it, it will auto resume media's status after every reboot.

Micha_Btz

We don't support Magic Earth yet, will add it into July's release, it may take some time.

In "Folders" tab, it should list all your folders which contains available media files, and the first item of this tab should be all supported media files, if you can't see it, maybe you can upload a screen shot.

There is an "Auto resume media after reboot" option in "Settings" -> "Quick Controls", if you enable it, it will auto resume media's status after every reboot.
Hey,

the icon is there in the folder tab, I just don't take notice of it.
Quick Controls work as well.

I just like the view of the launcher, but google maps online makes no sense to me. Would be great if you could support magic earth. So that I can put offline maps on the radio.

Thanks.

bbarnes1

Dec 2, 2008
The launcher on this rom is beautiful!

I'm having issue with low sound quality bluetooth connections. I tried to get to developer options to see if i could change the connection protocol couldn't get get it after clicking on the SW build number.

Also, can this rom utilize an internet connection over bluetooth/usb?

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
The launcher on this rom is beautiful!

I'm having issue with low sound quality bluetooth connections. I tried to get to developer options to see if i could change the connection protocol couldn't get get it after clicking on the SW build number.

Also, can this rom utilize an internet connection over bluetooth/usb?
1. Bluetooth: Is that possible your phone's sound is at a low level?
2. BT tethering: we didn't change the HCT rom on this part, so it will follow their configurations.

Micha_Btz

After I was able to use my whole flac collection, it seems to be to big for the system.
I choose random play, but there no more than 10 files that will be played. And if I use the song forward on the steering, it switches to FM radio in between and than to the next song.

And one thing that would be nice would to sort the contacts in the phone app, don't now if it was mentioned before.

Thanks

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
After I was able to use my whole flac collection, it seems to be to big for the system.
I choose random play, but there no more than 10 files that will be played. And if I use the song forward on the steering, it switches to FM radio in between and than to the next song.

And one thing that would be nice would to sort the contacts in the phone app, don't now if it was mentioned before.

Thanks
1. Please check your current play list, make sure you chose a right folder to play all
2. We'll checkout forward issue
3. Contacts sorting is in progress, will be ready in July's release.

Reactions: Micha_Btz

bbarnes1

Dec 2, 2008
1. Bluetooth: Is that possible your phone's sound is at a low level?
2. BT tethering: we didn't change the HCT rom on this part, so it will follow their configurations.
This was on both an iPhone XR and Pixel 4a. On the pixel, i went into dev settings and it was basically locked to the lowest settings saying that the 'headset' didn't support other settings.

My hardware is an xtrons PX5 GS unit which i believe has a WQ_BC6 bluetooth module updated to the latest MCU. I may try the CS-x version to see if that helps

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
This was on both an iPhone XR and Pixel 4a. On the pixel, i went into dev settings and it was basically locked to the lowest settings saying that the 'headset' didn't support other settings.

My hardware is an xtrons PX5 GS unit which i believe has a WQ_BC6 bluetooth module updated to the latest MCU. I may try the CS-x version to see if that helps

Curious as to why you think a modded ecu that trims Audio DSP parameters might help.

The issue is the combination of Android and poor BT implementation.

bbarnes1

Dec 2, 2008
Curious as to why you think a modded ecu that trims Audio DSP parameters might help.

The issue is the combination of Android and poor BT implementation.

I'm just walking through the things I've changed. Before making any changes the BT sound quality was much better.

I updated my MCU in preparation of updating from android 8 to 10. I tried a different MCU first b/c it was easy.

Next I'll remove the ROM and see if that improves.

menicmatte

Jun 17, 2021
Hello everybody!! as an idea of Rom I like it, I have only one problem, with the latest update I chose the car model by mistake, not being my golf model. I tried to make the Vivid success forcibly but demanded the model of the car. With the old update, all the steering wheel controls worked

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
Hello everybody!! as an idea of Rom I like it, I have only one problem, with the latest update I chose the car model by mistake, not being my golf model. I tried to make the Vivid success forcibly but demanded the model of the car. With the old update, all the steering wheel controls worked
Actually it's not required to provide right car model, because we didn't finished CAN integration for PX5/6, so select any car model won't affect your CAN related features, including steering wheel controls.

Plkyone

Jun 18, 2021
I installed your rom on my PX6 head unit and I’m enjoying it so far the only problem that I have is that the “avi in” is missing the way I set up my radio is with avi input with a cord from my iPhone but I need the app to watch videos.

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
I installed your rom on my PX6 head unit and I’m enjoying it so far the only problem that I have is that the “avi in” is missing the way I set up my radio is with avi input with a cord from my iPhone but I need the app to watch videos.
With your previous firmware, where to set up "avi in"? As we didn't change the original firmware, you should be able to still set it up at there.

Last edited:

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009

Thanks
Hello,

I checked your cases, both random play and forward on steering wheel are not be able to reproduce. Is that possible you were using a 3rd party media player app other than our built-in music app? Clicking the 3rd icon on home page's bottom bar will launch our music player, were you using this player to play your FLAC files?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here comes a special ROM for HCT’s PX5 and PX6 head units, and we call it VIVID. if you’re in China, or you speak English, German, French, Italian, or Spanish, we’re happy to invite you to have a try on this ROM.

You can download PX5 Android 10 here, and PX6 Android 10 here.

So far, It can only support HCT’s PX5/PX6 with Android 10, please check out your system’s about page at “Settings - About machine” as follow

px5.png

The major features in this ROM:

1. Navigation: integrated with Google Maps, AutoNavi, Baidu Maps and Waze;
    2. Music: Deezer, Kugou, Kuwo, Ximalaya, and built-in Bluetooth and radio
    3. Voice assistant: Houndify inside, which can do music playing, search coffee/restaurant/..., ask for weather, etc.
    4. System settings and Bluetooth phone.

Everything is integrated gracefully, here are some screenshots, hope you will like it.

Home page:

main_2.png

Music:
    playlist_list copy.png

fullscreen_player copy.png

tuner copy.png

Settings:
    softeware_update copy.png

Voice:
    device-2021-03-24-174817.png

Phone:
    device-2021-03-23-200114.png

We’re still in a beta testing phase, so any suggestions/feedbacks are highly welcomed!
    I installed it and got to the page asking to verify via Facebook, Wechat or phone for what purpose I don't know. So I deleted the firmware and went back to Android 10 HCT7.
    Why not have the APK theme instead of a full firmware?
    Hello,
    I have install it to test but i want to go back to factory firmware but i can't.
    When i want to reinstall factory firmware that the date is under 2021, that say that i can downgrade to previous version.
    How can i do this ?
    with sd card & rockchip tool or with usb cable back 2 back or wait 4 release latest factory image
    So to sum up..
    You make a launcher and you made a post introducing it like a custom rom ... plus that verification thing thru facebook makes the whole thing very suspicious to me.
    Do i get this right?
    In addition, I wish there were free ROMs other than the occasional factory updates for our PX5 and PX6 head units.

But that has been pretty much monopolized by only 2 people who charge for their ROMs. Nobody would ever offer a free MTCD/E ROM here as they would likely be squashed. They both know one can't offer their ROM for free without squeezing the other guy out.

I have wondered if they both aren't really the same person selling 2 different ROMs but that's a different issue altogether.