• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

VIVID - ROM for PX5/PX6 with Android 10

Search This thread

Micha_Btz

1. Please check your current play list, make sure you chose a right folder to play all
2. We'll checkout forward issue
3. Contacts sorting is in progress, will be ready in July's release.

I have made a quick video to show you the behavior. After two or three songs forward, there is a
thing that looks like a radio frequency at 0:18sec. And after this, it switches back to song forward.
I have checked my folder, there are only flac and png files.

Attachments

• VID_20210622_064127.mp4
    36.1 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: keeploading

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
Thanks for the video and it's very clear now. Did you upgrade to the latest version? We had a similar issue before, so would like to make sure you were using latest build.

Micha_Btz

So, I have updated to the latest version and now the forward works fine, also the contacts are sorted. Would be great to change sort by for or lastname.

I use the media app to play my ca 4000 flac files in random mode, but it seems that it play the whole 20 files over and over again. I don't know why, in the library all albums are listed and if I search for a song, is has found and played. A mystery, I will make a test if my stick is fine.

Is there a way to unmount usb sticks?

Reactions: keeploading

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
So, I have updated to the latest version and now the forward works fine, also the contacts are sorted. Would be great to change sort by for or lastname.

I use the media app to play my ca 4000 flac files in random mode, but it seems that it play the whole 20 files over and over again. I don't know why, in the library all albums are listed and if I search for a song, is has found and played. A mystery, I will make a test if my stick is fine.

Is there a way to unmount usb sticks?
Good to know forwarding works.

Play only 20 files issue, could you please check out the current playlist in Home page? And please let me know if it's more than 20.

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
One more update to above is, the sorting depends on the settings on your phone, e.g. on iPhone, you can go to Settings/Contacts/Display Order/Last, First. Then we will sort your contacts by last name.

Micha_Btz

I have an android phone in which are the contacts sort by last name, vivid show sorted by first name.

Also I have mentioned, that for / backward from the steering is not working while listen to Bluetooth music or podcasts. But I#m not clear where is the problem.

I have tested the stick with ext2, but the radio doesn't recognize ext2, will test with vfat again.

keeploading

Jul 30, 2009
I have an android phone in which are the contacts sort by last name, vivid show sorted by first name.
For how to sort contacts, it actually depends on BT implementation on your phone. If it passes First/Last name thru BT to the device, then we will sort by first name, and if do last/first, we will sort by last. iPhone is an example for you, maybe you can find a setting can impact the name format on your phone.

Also I have mentioned, that for / backward from the steering is not working while listen to Bluetooth music or podcasts. But I#m not clear where is the problem.
Does that mean backward works with your local music, which it didn't work in your video?

I have tested the stick with ext2, but the radio doesn't recognize ext2, will test with vfat again.
ext2 won't work. I don't know vfat, but fat32 and ntfs will work.

Last edited:

boltthrower56

Oct 27, 2012
izmir
Hey guys,
When trying to flash ROMs, I get an error saying= assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")) E:error in /mnt/usb_storage/update.zip (status 7) Installation aborted.
Recovery version: HCT 10.3.0 rockchip/rk3368/rk336810/QQ2A.200305.004.A1/hct206241158userdebug/test-keys
ROM: Stock Android 10 HCT the latest

I have 5 people and a couple of friends from XDA suffering from the same problem. We all have px5 devices that were originally android 8.0.0, which we updated to android 10 using ModInstaller Pro.
The ROMs we are trying to flash are updated HCT ROMs(stock), Malaysk or VIVID. All exhibit the same problem.

I had an idea to remove the assert update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")) from updater.script but I don't know what it does really. Dynamic partitions are a new thing for me. We do not have OTG support so if it gets bricked its game over.
Steps followed: Format Usb flash drive with fat32 filesystem (I tried 2 tested and working ones, one new).
Put update.zip in it.
Boot the head unit and click wipe data and install when it pops up.
We always get the same error.

Any help is truly appreciated.

noise672

Nov 28, 2011
Montreal
Hey guys,
When trying to flash ROMs, I get an error saying= assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")) E:error in /mnt/usb_storage/update.zip (status 7) Installation aborted.
Recovery version: HCT 10.3.0 rockchip/rk3368/rk336810/QQ2A.200305.004.A1/hct206241158userdebug/test-keys
ROM: Stock Android 10 HCT the latest

I have 5 people and a couple of friends from XDA suffering from the same problem. We all have px5 devices that were originally android 8.0.0, which we updated to android 10 using ModInstaller Pro.
The ROMs we are trying to flash are updated HCT ROMs(stock), Malaysk or VIVID. All exhibit the same problem.

I had an idea to remove the assert update_dynamic_partitions(package_extract_file("dynamic_partitions_op_list")) from updater.script but I don't know what it does really. Dynamic partitions are a new thing for me. We do not have OTG support so if it gets bricked its game over.
Steps followed: Format Usb flash drive with fat32 filesystem (I tried 2 tested and working ones, one new).
Put update.zip in it.
Boot the head unit and click wipe data and install when it pops up.
We always get the same error.

Any help is truly appreciated.
Hi,
Thanks to @hanichl. Have a look at

[ROM][PX5][Q][10.0] Malaysk ROM for PX5 RK3368 with Android 10​

post 337 and 347.

Buona Fortuna

Willsn87

Jan 13, 2015
when i link vivid with my deezer account, it works. but i can not play music. via the deezer app from the playstore it works, but not via the integrated deezer function.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can refer to the screen shot - "Settings" - I attached in the first post, and when there is a update available, clicking the "More Info" button will take you to the release notes.
    I saw in the first post that there seem to be two different icon sets. How can I change them?

I have set a route via Google Maps, but I don't see the route/navigation on the home screen. Only my current location is visible. Am I doing something wrong?

I would like it if the default music player could be set to Spotify. Just like I would like to have DAB-Z on the home screen. The normal analogue radio reception is secondary and should also be able to be deactivated on the homescreen.
    Can I install it with this model?
    Here comes a special ROM for HCT’s PX5 and PX6 head units, and we call it VIVID. if you’re in China, or you speak English, German, French, Italian, or Spanish, we’re happy to invite you to have a try on this ROM.

You can download PX5 Android 10 here, and PX6 Android 10 here.

So far, It can only support HCT’s PX5/PX6 with Android 10, please check out your system’s about page at “Settings - About machine” as follow

px5.png

The major features in this ROM:

1. Navigation: integrated with Google Maps, AutoNavi, Baidu Maps and Waze;
    2. Music: Deezer, Kugou, Kuwo, Ximalaya, and built-in Bluetooth and radio
    3. Voice assistant: Houndify inside, which can do music playing, search coffee/restaurant/..., ask for weather, etc.
    4. System settings and Bluetooth phone.

Everything is integrated gracefully, here are some screenshots, hope you will like it.

Home page:

main_2.png

Music:
    playlist_list copy.png

fullscreen_player copy.png

tuner copy.png

Settings:
    softeware_update copy.png

Voice:
    device-2021-03-24-174817.png

Phone:
    device-2021-03-23-200114.png

We’re still in a beta testing phase, so any suggestions/feedbacks are highly welcomed!
    I installed it and got to the page asking to verify via Facebook, Wechat or phone for what purpose I don't know. So I deleted the firmware and went back to Android 10 HCT7.
    Why not have the APK theme instead of a full firmware?
    Hello,
    I have install it to test but i want to go back to factory firmware but i can't.
    When i want to reinstall factory firmware that the date is under 2021, that say that i can downgrade to previous version.
    How can i do this ?
    with sd card & rockchip tool or with usb cable back 2 back or wait 4 release latest factory image
    In addition, I wish there were free ROMs other than the occasional factory updates for our PX5 and PX6 head units.

But that has been pretty much monopolized by only 2 people who charge for their ROMs. Nobody would ever offer a free MTCD/E ROM here as they would likely be squashed. They both know one can't offer their ROM for free without squeezing the other guy out.

I have wondered if they both aren't really the same person selling 2 different ROMs but that's a different issue altogether.
    So to sum up..
    You make a launcher and you made a post introducing it like a custom rom ... plus that verification thing thru facebook makes the whole thing very suspicious to me.
    Do i get this right?