Vivo Nex third party launchers central topic

Search This thread

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
Ok after contacted this time via Facebook messenger got from a very helpful man Joe Vivo account who also warning me not to change anything(personal info,password) and if need anything any contact again with you.

I will use it only if my China Mobile SIM card doesn’t work for activation account at my name that much prefer and not dependent from foreign account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KOLIOSIS

I haven't received my NEX yet, but I already created an account over at: https://passport.vivo.com

Didn't need a phonenumber at all. Not sure though if that will suffice for using it on the phone? Someone who got the device already might want to test that.

This didn't work for me & was confirmed that it won't work by Vivo support.

You will either need to buy a China SIM Card or ask for a "Public Account":
The latter is what eventually worked for me.

:good: CREDIT IS DUE TO @ibreukers for 1st posting the proper instructions: :good:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76934472&postcount=8

1) Sign-in w/the credentials given from the "Public Account" in SETTINGS > Accounts > VIVO ACCOUNT
2) Complete the CAPTCHA,which for me,was a puzzle piece/slider.
3) Go to SETTINGS > MORE SETTINGS > SECURITY > & under the DEVICE MANAGEMENT header,go to REPLACE THE SYSTEM LAUNCHER. You will be prompted to use the VIVO account log-in credentials once again.
4) Go to SETTINGS > More settings > APPLICATIONS > HOME SCREEN & select your launcher app of choice .

:good: PROFIT :good:

Last edited:

g_woodend

Jun 27, 2018
Done all this - have a Vivo account and everything - but when Nova is running and I swipe up from the bottom I am back in Fun Touch !?!?! Any ideas ?

g_woodend

Jun 27, 2018

:good: CREDIT IS DUE TO @ibreukers for 1st posting the proper instructions: :good:

1) Sign-in w/the credentials given from the "Public Account" in SETTINGS > Accounts > VIVO ACCOUNT
3) Go to SETTINGS > MORE SETTINGS > SECURITY > & under the DEVICE MANAGEMENT header,go to REPLACE THE SYSTEM LAUNCHER. You will be prompted to use the VIVO account log-in credentials once again.
4) Go to SETTINGS > More settings > APPLICATIONS > HOME SCREEN & select your launcher app of choice .

This does work until you swipe up from the middle and then you are right back at Fun Touch!! Has anyone got around this ???

KOLIOSIS

This does work until you swipe up from the middle and then you are right back at Fun Touch!! Has anyone got around this ???

I'm not having that problem, whether I'm using swipe navigation, or, the more familiar navigation keys.

I'm guessing you need to double check the security setting that pertains to getting the launcher choice to stick, as that was the mistake I was making, until I reread the steps given @ibreukers

Sent from my vivo NEX S using XDA Labs

g_woodend

Jun 27, 2018
Yeah, followed this instructions to the letter but still no joy, a swipe up always takes me back to Fun Touch and resets all the settings I've just made !!

Grom8

Jul 3, 2018
Getting the launcher choice to stick is the main problem causing the home swipe up, it may show that it is default but restarting the phone will return it back to funtouch every time which is very annoying.

Similar problem occurs when using a non rooted version of youtube vanced, the phone refuses to let youtube vanced control micro g to keep an account signed in. Now this is also occurring in the play store, it seems vivo forces its system apps to be used and play store will only work again with a complete wipe and reinstall.

EDIT: Solved the issue of it returning to the original launcher, follow @ibreukers steps exactly and in Settings > More Settings > Security > Replace the system launcher > Tap the home button to lock the system home screen is turned OFF. That stops the home button from returning you to the original launcher. If it has returned you back to the original launcher before doing this, go back through the settings and change default launcher back to nova then reboot, the above step only holds if nova is set as default and active on boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: g_woodend

daniel101

Nov 11, 2010
Solved it

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding lately about the Vivo Nex and the possibility to use a third party launcher on this phone.

Currently it's not possible, except when you have a Chinese phone number to create an Vivo account.

I'm just wondering for myself (interested in buying it) how can we users still unlock this phone. Maybe a central topic with tips would be a good idea for this community.

Just disable vivo.security app via ADB and all works as it should.

andersj1992

Jan 10, 2017
Did someone find a workaround for push notifications?
Emails, messenger etc. will work for a while but afterwards i won't get any notifications.
Today my google alarm clock didn't even go off lol.

HUGO SAN

May 26, 2012
Lima
I'm wondering if it can have a notification bubble on top the icon
Like this? Screenshot_20180704_064727.jpeg

Enviado desde mi vivo X20Plus A mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't received my NEX yet, but I already created an account over at: https://passport.vivo.com

Didn't need a phonenumber at all. Not sure though if that will suffice for using it on the phone? Someone who got the device already might want to test that.

My mistake!! I wasn't paying enough attention obviously and I succeeded in installing a 3rd party launcher (Nova)!

So here's the order of things that in the end worked for me:

1. Set up Vivo account (no way around that I'm afraid)
    2. Settings - More Settings - Applications - Set default apps - Home Screen and then set the launcher of choice and confirm

Then the settings I failed to locate before

3. Go back to Settings - More Settings and select Security and under menu item Device Management select in both 'Device manager' aswell as 'Replace the System Launcher' the launcher of your choice and confirm.
    4. Once that is set and confirmed you are back in the Settings - More Settings menu and from there on out I longpressed the On-Off button and rebooted.

Voilà ! All good to go and ready to make full use of this awesome phone!
    I just contacted Vivo on Facebook and they gave me a account,it took a few tries but it worked and I'm using Nova and it's fantastic
    Found a work-around to get apps from the Amazon App Store to install:

1) Download the Amazon App Store App with Chrome.
    2) Set up/sign in to the Amazon App Store.
    3) From another device, also log in to the Amazon App Store, download the apps you want to use on the NEX.
    4) On the 2nd device, use an APK Extractor app & upload to Google Drive, then, open the Google Drive app on the NEX, d/l from Google Drive
    PROFIT!

EDIT:
    Side-loading Google Dialer crashes the Funtouch O/S Launcher,stuck on the lockscreen,until you swipe-up to access settings & uninstall Google Dialer. :(

EDIT #2 :

@paatha13 @ibreukers

Once you are able to change the default launcher to anything but the stock FunTouch Launcher,the (system) launcher crashing is moot,3rd party launchers are unaffected by installing the Google Dialer.
    However,there is no setting (AFAICT) to change the default dialer app,so,at least for now,incoming calls will go to the stock dialer,but,outgoing calls,the Google Dialer works just fine.

Sent from my vivo NEX S using XDA Labs
    Can you please be more specific ?
    What exactry did you ask for ?

Something like this
    "hey i've recently purchaced a Vivo Nex S phone can you provide me an account to activate so replace stock launcher with third one"

And how exactly activate the Vivo account?
    Did you provide them your full name,address and telephone number.

Since activating requires chinece number how did you do the activation.

Give same details to clarify the situasion.

Edit: Just ask them too and i'm waiting their response.

Sent a request to both vivo.com/en & vivo.com.cn via messenger and posted on vivo.com.cn page. Will report results if I get a response...

If anyone else is successful, please outline for everyone the step by step procedure you did, who you contacted or emailed, etc. - this might be the solution we all need!! :highfive: