Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
images.jpeg

Last edited:

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Maybe we can start to accumulate tips and tricks about this phone ? Like change launcher, debloat using adb...

Reactions: avetny

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Yes i discover this in x70Pro thread... I watch a youtube video from Ben's... seems he didn't know about this method...
Waiting mine actually.... more feedback when it will be in my hand.

varun.gid

Jun 18, 2008
Dubai
Any way to get the Vivo account? Also Telegram notifications don't work. It doesn't show notifications on the icon as badge nor on the notifications shade. Any help please?

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
You have 2 steps i see on video :

• Battery Optmisation parameter
• When u switch between, you need to lock app not be in part of Vivo Freedom My Memory for no reason...

Still don't have mine, then it's theoritical, i still have Vivo Nex and same extra optimisation...

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
I purchased this device also, so far the build quality and specs are amazing! As for the UI it could be better, or I am just not used to it as this is my first Vivo device.
One big issue I am having is I can not send MMS messages, APN is all correct by default even reset the APN and I have allowed every possible permission and single permission possible. Even removed battery optimization which is key.
As for launcher I do get an option to choose Nova but it does not stick, always goes back to main launcher when hitting the home key

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
yes i just get vibration.. No sound no notification in notification shade.. Locked the app removed battery optimization still no luck.
Also KWGT does not work.. can anyone confirm?
Need Vivo Account to have ability to change launcher
I purchased this device also, so far the build quality and specs are amazing! As for the UI it could be better, or I am just not used to it as this is my first Vivo device.
One big issue I am having is I can not send MMS messages, APN is all correct by default even reset the APN and I have allowed every possible permission and single permission possible. Even removed battery optimization which is key.
As for launcher I do get an option to choose Nova but it does not stick, always goes back to main launcher when hitting the home key
I read you need to force multiple time to validate "alternative" launcher....

Reactions: turilo

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Check apn settings, Make sure that the mmsc is filled in with proper information, I have an X Fold, im using on Tmobile in the US and it works, I can send mms in the stock app, not Google Messages (sad face), anyone needs help... im your guy
Ah so it is the issue regarding third party messaging apps. I noticed it does work with the default messaging app but not with Google messaging. Man that sucks!
This being my first Vivo device, curious if these can be bootloader unlocked and rooted?
I do see the oem unlock option in developer options.
Be sweet if this device gets some good support on xda

Ah so it is the issue regarding third party messaging apps. I noticed it does work with the default messaging app but not with Google messaging. Man that sucks!
This being my first Vivo device, curious if these can be bootloader unlocked and rooted?
im waiting on that myself, I would love a different os on this....

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Vivo and unlocked bootloader.... hum...
Maybe because we have Chinese version, and someone need to go on specific dedicated thread on Chinese native language !

So, I have figured something out, and maybe we can brainstorm to fix this. So I can use Pulse SMS to send MMS messages, however when I receive them, the phone gives me a error that says : Modify the Default Information. and then resets to the stock messages app and then get the message. How can I prevent that. So I need to ADB and change some permissions or remove the stock app entirely...???

harhumph

Mar 28, 2016
Help guys I'm on Verizon and can't send or recieve any mms on stock app or textra. Regular sms does work fine. I'm frustrated may have to sell this phone as it won't connect to 5g in Arizona either. Can we download a voice mail app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    I read that the Vivo X fold has an ir blaster but I can't find the remote control app anywhere on the phone. Anyone?
    There's no native app installed. I use Mi Remote from the playstore.
    Guys......wifi calling is enabled with this update.... Amazing news
    Screenshot 2022-09-01 142134.png
    Wow, thank you so much to let them know and please tell them to add horizontal split screen for all apps :)
    i already did, maybe they are working on it. i don't know. well, i hope they are taking their customers feedback seriously.
    Got another update today.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Extracted from update log:

Communications: Fixed the occasional issue where no floating window appears on the lock screen for incoming calls after Accessibility calls is enabled

Fingerprint, face, and password: Fixed the issue of fingerprint unlock occasionally failingFixed the occasional issue where there is no response on the off screen when you use fingerprint unlockFixed the occasional issue where the fingerprint icon does not disappear on the WeChat call interface
    Super screenshotFixed the occasional issue of content loss when you take long screenshots in some apps

Notifications & status bar: Optimized the message notification logic to fix the issue where floating message icons and message notification pop-ups appear alternately when there is an incoming WeChat message while you are playing a short video

Input method: Fixed the occasional issue where the keyboard blocks the input box on the chat interface of WeChat in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the keyboard disappears and cannot be brought up in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the input method window shakes or flickers in some scenarios

Apps: Fixed the occasional issue where your phone automatically switches to portrait mode when you open a WeChat chat history pack in landscape mode

Jovi Voice: Fixed the occasional issue where Voice Assistant cannot be woken up after you change the announcement role
    DeformerFixed the occasional issue of unresponsiveness when you change the wallpaper or theme in Mood Cube

Easy Touch: Fixed the occasional issue where icons of frequently used apps are not displayed properly after you open the Easy Touch menu
    Core componentsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal display when you change the sticker on the home screen

Home screen: Fixed the occasional issue where the Origin Notes icon is not located properly on the home screen

iManager: Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display of Battery management in iManager

SystemOptimized: the sensitivity of the light sensor to improve the responsiveness of Auto-brightnessOptimized system operating performance and enhanced system stabilityOptimized the icon display effects of some buttons in third-party appsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display in some apps when the font size is set to LargestFixed the occasional issue where the standby screen needs to be loaded when you fold or unfold your deviceFixed the occasional issue where "Auto-sync" in Cloud Albums does not work after you switch to the backgroundFixed the occasional issue where your phone keeps vibrating when you charge it while the screen is offFixed the occasional issue where the status bar disappears from the standby screen when you return to it from some apps in some scenarios
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.