General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

ZedYago01

Mar 14, 2015
Antalya
I read all 20 pages yesterday. But no one mention about Google PAY and DUAL APPs. Is someone use them. CLONE APP is empty. What about Google PAY. Did someone set it up?

nvgear

Nov 10, 2004
Hey guys I’m selling my x fold. I can’t get Wi-Fi calling to work on T-Mobile and it’s a deal breaker for me cause I have no T-Mobile reception at home. If anyone is interested in buying it I can ship from NY and have it to you within 2-3 days. No long wait for international shipping and the phone is still in brand new mint condition, not even a scratch. If you happen to be in New York City I can give $270 off the eBay price to meet in person for the exchange at a secure public location. Thanks all.

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Hey guys I’m selling my x fold. I can’t get Wi-Fi calling to work on T-Mobile and it’s a deal breaker for me cause I have no T-Mobile reception at home. If anyone is interested in buying it I can ship from NY and have it to you within 2-3 days. No long wait for international shipping and the phone is still in brand new mint condition, not even a scratch. If you happen to be in New York City I can give $270 off the eBay price to meet in person for the exchange at a secure public location. Thanks all.

Did you by any chance try to root the device and install https://github.com/AndroPlus-org/magisk-module-vivo-global

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
No I rather not chancing bricking it…
You won't brick. I have made tons of mistakes trying to achieve root.

When there's a corruption recovery reinstalls the full OS via wifi. It's seriously one of the first devices I've ever used to do that and it is a really good safety feature.

nvgear

Nov 10, 2004
You won't brick. I have made tons of mistakes trying to achieve root.

When there's a corruption recovery reinstalls the full OS via wifi. It's seriously one of the first devices I've ever used to do that and it is a really good safety feature.
You mean you rooted your vivo fold and installed that international rom? Or did you have different vivo device.

danscorp

Sep 4, 2021
Is there any option to enable floating window for non built-in apps?
I've already given all the permissions in the app itself, but it doesn't seem to work.

Nov 18, 2008
Hi everyone,got my X Fold for 3 week now,coming from the Fold 3 and I love it, specially the hardware and so far 2 cons of this phone for me are MMS not working on the Google Messages and the multitasking not as good as the Fold 3

Glesi23

Jun 14, 2022
The boot.img include in that article is outdated, so it will boot loop - not sure which firmware it is claimed to be from, but it certainly did not work with the version on my phone (Cant remember if I even checked for mismatch)

My issue was, I extracted the boot.img (from memory the path was slightly different {I will confirm this once I do this again}) patched it in magisk, flashed via fastboot and the phone would not boot, I left it for a good 15 mins, it just sits on the vivo logo.

I will try again tonight with the latest firmware, If it all works out I will include patched and unpatched boot files which can be checksum checked for security.

If the latest firmware has fixed the bootloader exploit, we can downgrade - though T-mobile, 3, 02 users will continue to suffer with call drop outs.
Can you explain the call dropout issue and If there's a fix for that ? Also. What does "T-mobile, 3, 02" mean?

My incoming calls started working again but after the update, the calls began to drop again before even fully ringing.

Last edited:

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
For those asking about alternate sms/mms apps I've only been able to get Textra to work.

Google messages won't send mms and others apps refuse to stay as the default app.

Reactions: jwilson77

Top Liked Posts

Hi, I get 5G on both Telus and Bell
    You can connect to 5G on Telus, Bell, and Rogers and you will see the 5G symbol, and you can stream video or download on 5G, but place a voice call and watch the symbol change to 3G. That is because all voice calls use 3G unless you have enabled VoLTE (voice over 4G), but the settings in Mobile Network that allow you to toggle on VoLTE only appear when your carrier enables them for your phone, and the Canadian carriers won't enable VoLTE for Vivo phones. You can still place voice calls in Canada because 3G networks are still up and running (for another two years), but when you can't take your phone with a Canadian SIM into the US and place a voice call because they have shut down their 3G networks. Without VoLTE in the US, you dial out and nothing happens. T-Mobile has enabled VoLTE for these phones on their network, but you would need a T-Mobile SIM for that.
    Extracted from update log:

Communications: Fixed the occasional issue where no floating window appears on the lock screen for incoming calls after Accessibility calls is enabled

Fingerprint, face, and password: Fixed the issue of fingerprint unlock occasionally failingFixed the occasional issue where there is no response on the off screen when you use fingerprint unlockFixed the occasional issue where the fingerprint icon does not disappear on the WeChat call interface
    Super screenshotFixed the occasional issue of content loss when you take long screenshots in some apps

Notifications & status bar: Optimized the message notification logic to fix the issue where floating message icons and message notification pop-ups appear alternately when there is an incoming WeChat message while you are playing a short video

Input method: Fixed the occasional issue where the keyboard blocks the input box on the chat interface of WeChat in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the keyboard disappears and cannot be brought up in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the input method window shakes or flickers in some scenarios

Apps: Fixed the occasional issue where your phone automatically switches to portrait mode when you open a WeChat chat history pack in landscape mode

Jovi Voice: Fixed the occasional issue where Voice Assistant cannot be woken up after you change the announcement role
    DeformerFixed the occasional issue of unresponsiveness when you change the wallpaper or theme in Mood Cube

Easy Touch: Fixed the occasional issue where icons of frequently used apps are not displayed properly after you open the Easy Touch menu
    Core componentsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal display when you change the sticker on the home screen

Home screen: Fixed the occasional issue where the Origin Notes icon is not located properly on the home screen

iManager: Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display of Battery management in iManager

SystemOptimized: the sensitivity of the light sensor to improve the responsiveness of Auto-brightnessOptimized system operating performance and enhanced system stabilityOptimized the icon display effects of some buttons in third-party appsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display in some apps when the font size is set to LargestFixed the occasional issue where the standby screen needs to be loaded when you fold or unfold your deviceFixed the occasional issue where "Auto-sync" in Cloud Albums does not work after you switch to the backgroundFixed the occasional issue where your phone keeps vibrating when you charge it while the screen is offFixed the occasional issue where the status bar disappears from the standby screen when you return to it from some apps in some scenarios
    Wait really!? Lol I still can't add the X Fold to my list of devices though 😢. Will this be the official forum eventually? I can see a section for the X Fold, but is it still being set up because typically the official thread is broken up further into sections for development, questions and answers, and so on right?

P.s. thanks for your efforts.
    It takes a a few days to a week or so, for a new device forum to be added to the device list (then you can add it to your list of devices).

Mike
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!
    Just saw this as I posted my last reply. Thanks Mike! Love the progress here.
    Yup, I add forums but another person then later adds the graphic / description and identifies it as a "device".

Mike
    IT'S LIT!!!

Thanks to all who made this happen. Let's keep pushing forward!

Screenshot_20220716_233215.jpg
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.
    Extracted from update log:

Communications: Fixed the occasional issue where no floating window appears on the lock screen for incoming calls after Accessibility calls is enabled

Fingerprint, face, and password: Fixed the issue of fingerprint unlock occasionally failingFixed the occasional issue where there is no response on the off screen when you use fingerprint unlockFixed the occasional issue where the fingerprint icon does not disappear on the WeChat call interface
    Super screenshotFixed the occasional issue of content loss when you take long screenshots in some apps

Notifications & status bar: Optimized the message notification logic to fix the issue where floating message icons and message notification pop-ups appear alternately when there is an incoming WeChat message while you are playing a short video

Input method: Fixed the occasional issue where the keyboard blocks the input box on the chat interface of WeChat in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the keyboard disappears and cannot be brought up in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the input method window shakes or flickers in some scenarios

Apps: Fixed the occasional issue where your phone automatically switches to portrait mode when you open a WeChat chat history pack in landscape mode

Jovi Voice: Fixed the occasional issue where Voice Assistant cannot be woken up after you change the announcement role
    DeformerFixed the occasional issue of unresponsiveness when you change the wallpaper or theme in Mood Cube

Easy Touch: Fixed the occasional issue where icons of frequently used apps are not displayed properly after you open the Easy Touch menu
    Core componentsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal display when you change the sticker on the home screen

Home screen: Fixed the occasional issue where the Origin Notes icon is not located properly on the home screen

iManager: Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display of Battery management in iManager

SystemOptimized: the sensitivity of the light sensor to improve the responsiveness of Auto-brightnessOptimized system operating performance and enhanced system stabilityOptimized the icon display effects of some buttons in third-party appsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display in some apps when the font size is set to LargestFixed the occasional issue where the standby screen needs to be loaded when you fold or unfold your deviceFixed the occasional issue where "Auto-sync" in Cloud Albums does not work after you switch to the backgroundFixed the occasional issue where your phone keeps vibrating when you charge it while the screen is offFixed the occasional issue where the status bar disappears from the standby screen when you return to it from some apps in some scenarios
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?