General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

cleverpro

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for getting back to me! I've read on this forum however that this doesn't seem to work for some apps? Some people have mentioned chrome and other browsers? Have you managed to get all your apps to stretch underneath the hole punch camera? Thanks!
I feel you bro. I have been looking for a solution for this for so long now.
You have to root the device and use immersive mode module to completely solve the problem.

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
Anyone having any issues removing some vivo software through adb? I get this error on quite a few items. Anyway around it? It only happens on maybe 25% of them, so I'm not sure why certain ones are restricted.

adb uninstall --user 0 com.vivo.magazine
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_USER_RESTRICTED]

ZedYago01

Mar 14, 2015
Antalya
Hi Team X fold - thanks so much for all the help and tips so far. I'm just about to pull the trigger on buying this phone, encouraged by the fact that most of the issues seems to have viable fixes.

I'm not a user of Google messages really, so not too worried about that, the only thing that's a real shame is Android Auto compatibility; which I'm hoping might get fixed in the coming software updates.

I'm in the UK - can anyone here from the UK give their experience so far on Three or o2 networks?

Thanks!
I am from UK. And using without problems. I use VOXI (Vodafone), TEst with Smarty (Three). No problem at all. The strange thing is that not showing 5G. It says that is not in China. Or something like this. Otherwise everything is fine with connection. I don't use Android Auto. I can't say anything. Notifications are strange. No Dual APP :(. You have to install 3rd part app. Google Pay is not accepting all cards. To install Galaxy Watch 4 you have to download chinese WearOS.

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Anyone having any issues removing some vivo software through adb? I get this error on quite a few items. Anyway around it? It only happens on maybe 25% of them, so I'm not sure why certain ones are restricted.

You need elevated privileges to delete those. So you need to be rooted. I had that issue removing abe but when I became a root user through magisk it removed itself quite easily

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Hi Team X fold - thanks so much for all the help and tips so far. I'm just about to pull the trigger on buying this phone, encouraged by the fact that most of the issues seems to have viable fixes.

I'm not a user of Google messages really, so not too worried about that, the only thing that's a real shame is Android Auto compatibility; which I'm hoping might get fixed in the coming software updates.

I'm in the UK - can anyone here from the UK give their experience so far on Three or o2 networks?

Thanks!
Also in the UK on three. I have no issues with it honestly. I'll be traveling with it tomorrow to AMerica so that'll be fun

Reactions: minimarcy

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
You need elevated privileges to delete those. So you need to be rooted. I had that issue removing abe but when I became a root user through magisk it removed itself quite easily
Damn....I tried rooting, but I bootlooped my phone and took me ****ing hours to get it back. Still waiting on a detailed tutorial or video explaining how. I'll just keep waiting, thanks for the answer. At least I was able to remove most of the bloat.

minimarcy

Jun 30, 2022
UK
Vivo X Fold
I am from UK. And using without problems. I use VOXI (Vodafone), TEst with Smarty (Three). No problem at all. The strange thing is that not showing 5G. It says that is not in China. Or something like this. Otherwise everything is fine with connection. I don't use Android Auto. I can't say anything. Notifications are strange. No Dual APP :(. You have to install 3rd part app. Google Pay is not accepting all cards. To install Galaxy Watch 4 you have to download chinese WearOS.
Thanks for the notes and help. It looks like there are notification fixes if you follow the guidance in the other 20 pages of this thread haha! No problem - there isn't really major reasons why I would hold off getting this. Think I'll take the plunge!

Reactions: wwyjoe

Squallara

Jun 30, 2022
Hello to all,
I have read all the pages here and I've seen almost all videos that are available on youtube about the Vivo X fold.

I am currently having galaxy fold 2 and I am about to change to a new foldable device.
I am interesting to see how will the mix fold 2 and galaxy fold 4 will end up being. After checking all the leaks about fold 4, I am not sure if I am interesting on that device, because for me it really matters the outer display.

Mate xs 2 is actually having an outer display that I would definetely appreciate and like but well everyone knows about Huawei ban and the disadvantages of mate xs 2.

So, I am very interestimg about Vivo X Fold and I would like to ask the people having this device if it is worth to make the leap of faith on this China exclusive device.

There are few things that I am interesting to know and I would gladly appreciate your feedback on:
- I have seen that you can select to multitask horizontal but is that possible with youtube? I would like to know from someone that have actually tried it. Moreover, when you split screen is it possible to adjust the size of each screen? Or is it always fixed 50-50? That questions includes both horizontal and vertical.
- Can Netflix also open in split screen horizontal? Samsung does even open Netflix on split screen.
- Is there any way to connect my Vivo on TV either by wire or wireless and have something similar like dex from Samsung? What I am able to do with my current Samsung is connect the device on TV and dex goes fullscreen and then I can open VLC player and watch movies stored on my device. Will that be possible somehow with Vivo X Fold?
- What about the inner camera? Can apps scale to ignore the hole and cover the full screen of the device?
- Lastly I hear and read a lot about notifications. The most I care are the email notifications from my work. Right now I am using outlook and it is working fine. Will outlook app give me instant notifications when a new mail comes on Vivo X Fold? If not is there any solution to that? Any email app that actually works perfectly notifications wise with X Fold? What about notifications coming from messenger, skype and discord apps?

Thank you very much for your time and sorry for the long post.
Have a great day to all.

Last edited:

GregWrath

Jul 1, 2022
My Vivo x Fold arrived yesterday and I was a little concerned after reading the issues people have had with sim cards etc.. but, I can happily say it all works great for me in the UK. Full signal, (no 5g I don't think this phone supports it, it did pop up saying the cards not from china) but everything for me works great. Data works fine, mms and the build quality is great, I've had the galaxy folds, huawei mate xs and can say this is my favorite. The only thing I really had to do was get rid of all the bloatware that Chinese phones come with using an ADB.

Edit - Android auto doesn't seem to work so far. Let you know if I have any luck.

Last edited:

Allografter

May 15, 2022
Vivo X Fold
My Vivo x Fold arrived yesterday and I was a little concerned after reading the issues people have had with sim cards etc.. but, I can happily say it all works great for me in the UK. Full signal, (no 5g I don't think this phone supports it, it did pop up saying the cards not from china) but everything for me works great. Data works fine, mms and the build quality is great, I've had the galaxy folds, huawei mate xs and can say this is my favorite. The only thing I really had to do was get rid of all the bloatware that Chinese phones come with using an ADB.

Edit - Android auto doesn't seem to work so far. Let you know if I have any luck.
It does support 5G. There's a YouTuber called Geeky Stuff that talks about UK SIM cards and he's got 5G working fine. What network are you using?

Reactions: ZedYago01

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022

try this (will not work on apps with uid=1000)
service call package 134 s16 com.vivo.hiboard i32 0 i32 0

installation
service call package 134 s16 com.vivo.hiboard i32 1 i32 0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    I read that the Vivo X fold has an ir blaster but I can't find the remote control app anywhere on the phone. Anyone?
    There's no native app installed. I use Mi Remote from the playstore.
    Wow, thank you so much to let them know and please tell them to add horizontal split screen for all apps :)
    i already did, maybe they are working on it. i don't know. well, i hope they are taking their customers feedback seriously.
    Got another update today.
    Could you please provide the link to the exact one? Ultrasonic fingerprint scanners are picky especially with glass tempered screens and I definitely don't want the UV glued ones.
    Here you go, I bought the Edge glue.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Extracted from update log:

Communications: Fixed the occasional issue where no floating window appears on the lock screen for incoming calls after Accessibility calls is enabled

Fingerprint, face, and password: Fixed the issue of fingerprint unlock occasionally failingFixed the occasional issue where there is no response on the off screen when you use fingerprint unlockFixed the occasional issue where the fingerprint icon does not disappear on the WeChat call interface
    Super screenshotFixed the occasional issue of content loss when you take long screenshots in some apps

Notifications & status bar: Optimized the message notification logic to fix the issue where floating message icons and message notification pop-ups appear alternately when there is an incoming WeChat message while you are playing a short video

Input method: Fixed the occasional issue where the keyboard blocks the input box on the chat interface of WeChat in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the keyboard disappears and cannot be brought up in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the input method window shakes or flickers in some scenarios

Apps: Fixed the occasional issue where your phone automatically switches to portrait mode when you open a WeChat chat history pack in landscape mode

Jovi Voice: Fixed the occasional issue where Voice Assistant cannot be woken up after you change the announcement role
    DeformerFixed the occasional issue of unresponsiveness when you change the wallpaper or theme in Mood Cube

Easy Touch: Fixed the occasional issue where icons of frequently used apps are not displayed properly after you open the Easy Touch menu
    Core componentsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal display when you change the sticker on the home screen

Home screen: Fixed the occasional issue where the Origin Notes icon is not located properly on the home screen

iManager: Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display of Battery management in iManager

SystemOptimized: the sensitivity of the light sensor to improve the responsiveness of Auto-brightnessOptimized system operating performance and enhanced system stabilityOptimized the icon display effects of some buttons in third-party appsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display in some apps when the font size is set to LargestFixed the occasional issue where the standby screen needs to be loaded when you fold or unfold your deviceFixed the occasional issue where "Auto-sync" in Cloud Albums does not work after you switch to the backgroundFixed the occasional issue where your phone keeps vibrating when you charge it while the screen is offFixed the occasional issue where the status bar disappears from the standby screen when you return to it from some apps in some scenarios
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.