General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

djleez82

May 28, 2010
New South Wales
Nice overview.
I am not scared of going the extra mile.
I want to change my fold 2 because of the outer screen and the gap when it closes because every time EVERY @#$$&% time I get it out of my pockets, I have to always clean the inner screen. So annoying.
Yes I have read about fold 4 and I am not excited.
I just waited for Xiaomi's event on Monday to see if they will announce the mix fold 2 and how it will be.
If they do not then I will insta order Vivo X fold.
Thanks for your replies.

One last thing if you know.
If you connect your X fold on TV, iether wired or wireless, does it go fullscreen on TV or only phones screen size with black all around?
It is something rather important for me since I am connecting my phone on TV very often.
That's what it looks like on a home screen and full screen YouTube. Might have found the weakness for you.

Attachments

• 20220702_173649.jpg
    20220702_173649.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
  • 20220702_173551.jpg
    20220702_173551.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 42

Squallara

Jun 30, 2022
If you have the phone folded while casting the black bars on the side are smaller. But still there.
Super thanks for the in-depth investigation.

Yes that is kind of weakness for me because I like connecting my phone on TV and watching movies I am carrying with me + plus other media.
Hmm I need to research to check if there is any kind of app that does the work for me.

Thanks so much again.
I am still consider getting it...

Reactions: djleez82

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
Hi,

first of all thank you everyone for sharing experiences, tips and tricks. I have decided to buy the phone but I have 1 major requirement that I need to double check.

Does anyone use the phone with companyportal(intune) enabled. This is a "must" for me, my company manages the phone via intune when we setup our accounts to our phones. I know that google services is a requirement and we can install it but wanted to double check if anyone here has this experience. Setting up my company email to the phone is a priority for me..

• Wow
Reactions: ZedYago01

OrionBG

Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.

Allografter

May 15, 2022
Vivo X Fold
Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
Thanks dude! Really helpful. I like to have a smallest width setting of 900 under developer options but some people have mentioned that this seems to mess up the brightness bar and quick action icons on the swipe down menu. Would you be able to confirm and take a screenshot if possible? Cheers!

Nov 18, 2008
Thank you very much for your answers.

So if I you connect phone with TV, does it goes fullscreen on TV or is it just the phone screen size that shows on TV with black all around?

Also what about software updates? Do they come?
Has anyone got any updates from Vivo?
HI,even you connect vivo to TV by wire or mirroring, you still have some black bar :(
Got 2 update so far but I didn't update my phone yet cause sometime update will give more issues for the phone.
Hope Vivo can catch up software updates with Samsung for multi-tasking, that what I really want right now

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
Hi,

first of all thank you everyone for sharing experiences, tips and tricks. I have decided to buy the phone but I have 1 major requirement that I need to double check.

Does anyone use the phone with companyportal(intune) enabled. This is a "must" for me, my company manages the phone via intune when we setup our accounts to our phones. I know that google services is a requirement and we can install it but wanted to double check if anyone here has this experience. Setting up my company email to the phone is a priority for me..

We are not an InTune customer but instead utilize Workspace One. I was able to get enrollment to work but there were a few caveats.

1. The device would not pass safetynet attestation. If your InTune admin has this enabled, you will not be able to get by it. As I am one of the admins, I was able to create an exception.
2. The stock launcher will not display the work profile. You will need to use a 3rd party launcher - something like Nova.

minimarcy

Jun 30, 2022
UK
Vivo X Fold
Great to hear! I pulled the trigger yesterday - blue 512gb on it's way to me, can't wait!
Let us know if you manage to get any more (eg whatsapp) notifications showing on the always on screen or sidebar. That'd be super useful. I use a Vivo NEX phone at the moment, and while I'm used to Gmail/Email notifications not showing always on, my whatsapp does - so hopefully there is a workaround :)

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
We are not an InTune customer but instead utilize Workspace One. I was able to get enrollment to work but there were a few caveats.

1. The device would not pass safetynet attestation. If your InTune admin has this enabled, you will not be able to get by it. As I am one of the admins, I was able to create an exception.
2. The stock launcher will not display the work profile. You will need to use a 3rd party launcher - something like Nova.
Thank you mate for the detailed answer. this is going to be difficult considering that its a 50k+ company and dont think that I would get an exception.

Still a chance if anyone with intune is using this phone, I'd appreciate if they can share their experience.

• Wow
Reactions: ZedYago01

OrionBG

Thanks dude! Really helpful. I like to have a smallest width setting of 900 under developer options but some people have mentioned that this seems to mess up the brightness bar and quick action icons on the swipe down menu. Would you be able to confirm and take a screenshot if possible? Cheers!
This is at default dpi.
Screenshot_20220702_181118.jpg

those are at 900 dpi. There are some issues, yes...
Screenshot_20220702_181248.jpg

Screenshot_20220702_181311.jpg

OrionBG

Great to hear! I pulled the trigger yesterday - blue 512gb on it's way to me, can't wait!
Let us know if you manage to get any more (eg whatsapp) notifications showing on the always on screen or sidebar. That'd be super useful. I use a Vivo NEX phone at the moment, and while I'm used to Gmail/Email notifications not showing always on, my whatsapp does - so hopefully there is a workaround :)
From what I understand, The only notifications that will show up on the always-on screen are calls and messages, nothing more. This is by design I think. Might be wrong though...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    I read that the Vivo X fold has an ir blaster but I can't find the remote control app anywhere on the phone. Anyone?
    There's no native app installed. I use Mi Remote from the playstore.
    Wow, thank you so much to let them know and please tell them to add horizontal split screen for all apps :)
    i already did, maybe they are working on it. i don't know. well, i hope they are taking their customers feedback seriously.
    Got another update today.
    Could you please provide the link to the exact one? Ultrasonic fingerprint scanners are picky especially with glass tempered screens and I definitely don't want the UV glued ones.
    Here you go, I bought the Edge glue.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Extracted from update log:

Communications: Fixed the occasional issue where no floating window appears on the lock screen for incoming calls after Accessibility calls is enabled

Fingerprint, face, and password: Fixed the issue of fingerprint unlock occasionally failingFixed the occasional issue where there is no response on the off screen when you use fingerprint unlockFixed the occasional issue where the fingerprint icon does not disappear on the WeChat call interface
    Super screenshotFixed the occasional issue of content loss when you take long screenshots in some apps

Notifications & status bar: Optimized the message notification logic to fix the issue where floating message icons and message notification pop-ups appear alternately when there is an incoming WeChat message while you are playing a short video

Input method: Fixed the occasional issue where the keyboard blocks the input box on the chat interface of WeChat in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the keyboard disappears and cannot be brought up in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the input method window shakes or flickers in some scenarios

Apps: Fixed the occasional issue where your phone automatically switches to portrait mode when you open a WeChat chat history pack in landscape mode

Jovi Voice: Fixed the occasional issue where Voice Assistant cannot be woken up after you change the announcement role
    DeformerFixed the occasional issue of unresponsiveness when you change the wallpaper or theme in Mood Cube

Easy Touch: Fixed the occasional issue where icons of frequently used apps are not displayed properly after you open the Easy Touch menu
    Core componentsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal display when you change the sticker on the home screen

Home screen: Fixed the occasional issue where the Origin Notes icon is not located properly on the home screen

iManager: Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display of Battery management in iManager

SystemOptimized: the sensitivity of the light sensor to improve the responsiveness of Auto-brightnessOptimized system operating performance and enhanced system stabilityOptimized the icon display effects of some buttons in third-party appsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display in some apps when the font size is set to LargestFixed the occasional issue where the standby screen needs to be loaded when you fold or unfold your deviceFixed the occasional issue where "Auto-sync" in Cloud Albums does not work after you switch to the backgroundFixed the occasional issue where your phone keeps vibrating when you charge it while the screen is offFixed the occasional issue where the status bar disappears from the standby screen when you return to it from some apps in some scenarios