General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

kiawui

Jan 15, 2008
My WhatsApp notification is working. But if WhatsApp voice call comes in, it does not show. It only rings until I tap the task bar on top and choose the call before I can answer it. Anyone faces this? Most permissions already set to allow.

finalstrider

Nov 7, 2011
London
Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.
Just a quick one, did you get your x fold 3 days after purchase from wonda? My fold 3 literally died yesterday and I need a new phone ASAP. The 2-3 working day processing time and 7-10 delivery time was what stopped me from checking out yesterday. I'm also in the uk.

OrionBG

Just a quick one, did you get your x fold 3 days after purchase from wonda? My fold 3 literally died yesterday and I need a new phone ASAP. The 2-3 working day processing time and 7-10 delivery time was what stopped me from checking out yesterday. I'm also in the uk.
Yes, I made the order on 27th and it was here on the 30th but have in mind that there is going to be some holiday there and things will take a while. There was a warning on Wonda's web site...

Reactions: finalstrider

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
Hello Bro
Good to read your message

Last edited:

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Hi everyone

Any new updates/news about the global version of vivo x fold? should I wait to buy it?

I read it will launch globally in September, but maybe this is not an official thing, so what do you suggest? buying the Chinese ROM or waiting for the global version (in case vivo really wants to release it globally)?

Regards,

finalstrider

Nov 7, 2011
London
Yes, I made the order on 27th and it was here on the 30th but have in mind that there is going to be some holiday there and things will take a while. There was a warning on Wonda's web site..

Yes, I made the order on 27th and it was here on the 30th but have in mind that there is going to be some holiday there and things will take a while. There was a warning on Wonda's web site...
Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I really appreciate it. I took the plunge and bought the blue 512gb just now! Do they ship by DHL or Fedex? And there's no customs to pay right?

Thanks again!

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, I really appreciate it. I took the plunge and bought the blue 512gb just now! Do they ship by DHL or Fedex? And there's no customs to pay right?

Thanks again!
Hi

They use FedEx,

Thanks again!

Hi, they use FedEx, all duty tax are paid upon checkout, no extra payment on delivery.

This is as they stated on their website clearly.

I recommend everyone to use PayPal in case they are not comfortable buying from a new sellers, you will have 180days buyer protection.

Also as soon you receive the phone, try to register it with vivo.com immediately by S/N or IMEI, so you know it's original and authentic vivo brand, not just a first class copy phone.

You can check the S/N immediately front of FedEx guy, if it's not original, then don't accept the shipment, and ask them to return it to HK.

Reactions: finalstrider

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Hi everyone

Any new updates/news about the global version of vivo x fold? should I wait to buy it?

I read it will launch globally in September, but maybe this is not an official thing, so what do you suggest? buying the Chinese ROM or waiting for the global version (in case vivo really wants to release it globally)?

Regards,
Where did you hear this exactly? I have one but I'm curious

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Where did you hear this exactly? I have one but I'm curious
Hi, I think it's an Indian website (https://www.bgr.in/gadgets/mobiles/vivo-x-fold-5g-price-in-india-1242736/)

you can see it: will release in September 2022 (but maybe this is in India only, or maybe they mean everywhere!!) I really don't know.

I'm afraid to buy the Chinese ROM now and then another month or two a global version there + vivo local dealer don't accept the warranty here as it's a Chinese ROM phone.

Thanks

s960908

Sep 18, 2014
For anyone who wants to use VoLTE and Google location history, here's my Magisk module:

You don't need old scam app, just unlock bootloader and use DSU Loader to get boot.img (search it).
boot.img for PD2178_A_12.0.14.8.W10 is saved here:
Hello, thanks to your effort, Google location history finally works well on my phone.
But after install your module, most the notifications works non-realtime, it works like the original system without delete pem, which means until I tap the app, the notifications will show, but if I did not open it manually, it won't show any notification.
I thought it is the problem caused by GCM, but no evidence, and I didn't figure out any solution.
Do you have any idea? Thank you!

(Sorry for bad English.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    I have had a chance now to try the Fold 4, Vivo X Fold, the Oppo Find N and the Xiaomi Mi Fold 2. Overall, I think hardware wise, the Vivo takes the cake. Software wise, the Xiaomi is much more usable as an English-only device (except the stock keyboard). The build quality is solid and it came with a really nice case in the box. The Oppo offered the least amount of customization, but the small form factor has its place and was really great on a recent trip when space in pockets was tight. I am most disappointed with the Fold 4, as it barely seems different than the Fold 3, which was a lukewarm device for me in the first place. Vivo will gladly be my daily driver.
    I read that the Vivo X fold has an ir blaster but I can't find the remote control app anywhere on the phone. Anyone?
    There's no native app installed. I use Mi Remote from the playstore.
    Guys......wifi calling is enabled with this update.... Amazing news
    Screenshot 2022-09-01 142134.png
    Wow, thank you so much to let them know and please tell them to add horizontal split screen for all apps :)
    i already did, maybe they are working on it. i don't know. well, i hope they are taking their customers feedback seriously.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Extracted from update log:

Communications: Fixed the occasional issue where no floating window appears on the lock screen for incoming calls after Accessibility calls is enabled

Fingerprint, face, and password: Fixed the issue of fingerprint unlock occasionally failingFixed the occasional issue where there is no response on the off screen when you use fingerprint unlockFixed the occasional issue where the fingerprint icon does not disappear on the WeChat call interface
    Super screenshotFixed the occasional issue of content loss when you take long screenshots in some apps

Notifications & status bar: Optimized the message notification logic to fix the issue where floating message icons and message notification pop-ups appear alternately when there is an incoming WeChat message while you are playing a short video

Input method: Fixed the occasional issue where the keyboard blocks the input box on the chat interface of WeChat in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the keyboard disappears and cannot be brought up in some scenariosFixed the occasional issue where the input method window shakes or flickers in some scenarios

Apps: Fixed the occasional issue where your phone automatically switches to portrait mode when you open a WeChat chat history pack in landscape mode

Jovi Voice: Fixed the occasional issue where Voice Assistant cannot be woken up after you change the announcement role
    DeformerFixed the occasional issue of unresponsiveness when you change the wallpaper or theme in Mood Cube

Easy Touch: Fixed the occasional issue where icons of frequently used apps are not displayed properly after you open the Easy Touch menu
    Core componentsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal display when you change the sticker on the home screen

Home screen: Fixed the occasional issue where the Origin Notes icon is not located properly on the home screen

iManager: Fixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display of Battery management in iManager

SystemOptimized: the sensitivity of the light sensor to improve the responsiveness of Auto-brightnessOptimized system operating performance and enhanced system stabilityOptimized the icon display effects of some buttons in third-party appsFixed the occasional issue of abnormal interface display in some apps when the font size is set to LargestFixed the occasional issue where the standby screen needs to be loaded when you fold or unfold your deviceFixed the occasional issue where "Auto-sync" in Cloud Albums does not work after you switch to the backgroundFixed the occasional issue where your phone keeps vibrating when you charge it while the screen is offFixed the occasional issue where the status bar disappears from the standby screen when you return to it from some apps in some scenarios