General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
One more thing happened after the update. So i had all the google services and play store and youtube not working. So i was getting ready to reset then ihooked up the phone to the computer to back up. Then i noticed that the play store is back online and working also youtube worked too. So i am not sure what is the issue and why it got resolved when i hooked the phone to the pc. Still having no notifications but the google services is back working. It could be i have issue in connection internet and got solved when it used the computer internet. I honestly dont know and does not make any sense to be. Just sharing my finding

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Be careful with this trial update, my keyboard has stopped working, tried restarting the phone still doesn't work.

So post this update my gboard keyboard stopped working, I had to switch to the default keyboard, uninstall and reinstall the gboard keyboard to make it work.
So post 12 hr - no issues observed so far, google apps working fine and notifications seems to be working as normal (without any delays)

Reactions: lesscro

OrionBG

Mate, check this :

😘
Thanks! I know that thread.
It is mostly useless as half of those apps have been updated with new names on the X Fold and some are not even there. Some can't be removed at all as they are system apps...
So again I ask, hot to remove the Battery Management app on a Vivo X Fold specifically.

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Somewhere in this thread, you have command with ADB to list all app on X FOLD.
After you have another command to delete specific app.

And not so long time ago, one user explain that he remove battery app but still have battery management inside android it seems.

Maybe 2-5 pages back.

OrionBG

Somewhere in this thread, you have command with ADB to list all app on X FOLD.
After you have another command to delete specific app.

And not so long time ago, one user explain that he remove battery app but still have battery management inside android it seems.

Maybe 2-5 pages back.
I'm completely fine with Google's power management policies. Just the Chinese manufacturers overdo it with theirs... I can list the apps, yes... and I still don't know which the correct APK is... I can probably guess it but I don't want to risk a reinstall just because I removed the wrong file.

Reactions: lesscro

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
I'm completely fine with Google's power management policies. Just the Chinese manufacturers overdo it with theirs... I can list the apps, yes... and I still don't know which the correct APK is... I can probably guess it but I don't want to risk a reinstall just because I removed the wrong file.
You want exact name of package to remove. Okay.
I give my turn because i didn't play with system and since last update it's clearly much better about battery management because Vivo relax a little about crazy kill or block all about app...

Dec 6, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi, i just got the phone and want to unlock the bootloader. However, I don't know how to downgrade it, the downgrader tool says no packages yet, and trying to local update to an older firmware says it cant because its older, anyone have any other way of doing this?

Edit: Made a seperate thread for this

Last edited:

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Yes guys hold on this trial update. It messed up my notifications and also anything related to Google is not working. Play store will not load and YouTube app too is not loading. Those r the issues so far I ran too. Looks like I have to reset the phone and start all over. Can we downgrade? If any one knows how too and has the files please let me know. Thanks
Curious, which cellular provider/location are you with?
as some here have not had the Trial version mess their notifications and Google services.
I am from Toronto Canada with Fido (not an Vivo X fold owner yet, but interested) and hearing the VoLTE is not working here in Canada for this phone is giving me pause on purchasing this phone now.

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Come back with few daily usage, bettry is very much better. Anyway, keyboard (Gboard) have issue at each restart.
Google Play (v26.5.19-21 [0] [PR] 388558437) don't left me to update any apps...

China vs USA ??? Or small bug ?

Anyone else can confirm issue ?

Regards mate

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
Curious, which cellular provider/location are you with?
as some here have not had the Trial version mess their notifications and Google services.
I am from Toronto Canada with Fido (not an Vivo X fold owner yet, but interested) and hearing the VoLTE is not working here in Canada for this phone is giving me pause on purchasing this phone now.
Well here is the weird thing, So after the update every thing stopped plsystore and notifications. So i kept tring different things with no hope. Then i decided to do a full reset. The sec i hooked up the phone to computer to back up. Sudenly all the notifications came in and play store worked. I dont know what fixed it tho every thing works fine now and i did not reset.
Not sure location has somthing to do with it. I am in Chicago and Tmobile. Network is fine even on 5G

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Well here is the weird thing, So after the update every thing stopped plsystore and notifications. So i kept tring different things with no hope. Then i decided to do a full reset. The sec i hooked up the phone to computer to back up. Sudenly all the notifications came in and play store worked. I dont know what fixed it tho every thing works fine now and i did not reset.
Not sure location has somthing to do with it. I am in Chicago and Tmobile. Network is fine even on 5G
Good to hear that it is working now, and yes heard that T-Mobile is working in the States (was hoping to find someone in Canada with a fully working service- thread that I started: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/vivo-x-fold-volte-access-in-canada.4476419/ ), lucky you are able to use full service with them.
Here in Canada, I am hearing that the VoLTE communications settings is greyed out with two of our largest carriers, Rogers and Bell, so that is not good as I am really interested in getting the phone, but not if the standard VoLTE is not working.

Reactions: invensmaster

mrwoc00cowrm

Jul 24, 2022
Vivo X Fold
Yes everything you said is spot on correct and that is what I understand as well. In the past I've always used wifi calling on the iphone and samsung galaxy fold because my house has no tmobile signal indoors.

Since Vivo x fold does not support wifi calling, I could not make calls or text while in the house. But I now have full cellphone signal to make calls and text. As soon as I walk OUT of my house and onto the sidwalks the real tmobile signal kicks and I'm able to get 5g on this phone and everything works great.
I hope they find a fix for this WiFi calling situation

mrwoc00cowrm

Jul 24, 2022
Vivo X Fold
Thanks for the response ill look into it, and i can second OrionBGs comment on Wonda Mobile, ive used them several times and never had any issues. I even bought an LG Wing (was actually a great phone dont judge) from them and now my Vivo x Fold, fast delivery with Fed Ex, recomended.
WondaMobile is great. Got my vivo x fold in 3 days.. Ordered Friday, received Monday.. 512gb Greg.. Loving it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was a process but I finished it. It should not take this much to join a beta ffs. Vivo calm down
    8139a841-2f06-4d51-91f3-45850990d7ce.jpg
    20c48467-251c-49f0-8312-8979e9f72f4a.jpg
    A little feedback from my part on this update (android 13). They have made a huge improvement on small window feature. I can now take full advantage of the large screen to play games and watch videos at the same time. Previously, there are so many bugs with this feature that i couldn't even use it. I can basically adjust the size of the window when i need to see things bigger and shrink it when it's not needed. Top down split mode is not there as i previously complained about it in their forum, but the small window feature can make up for that imo. It's not 100% perfect, i still notice some bugs like i can't click near the bottom of the small window. Or the pulldown menu from the top where all the buttons (wifi, data, gps, nfc..) gets overlay with each other. But this issue only occurred to me once. and the screen kept on flickering for some reason. and that also only occurred to me once so far. I restarted the phone, then everything went back to normal. However, Google photos widget is not working properly at the moment. It's not displaying any photos and it says "No account found". Maybe i'll try to uninstall and reinstall later to see if it fix the problem.
    1669600498795.png
    Hi Everyone,
    Thinking to get this phone from wondamobile.. but have few questions. Quickly checked this thread but seems no answer visible.
    1. google photos are working on this phone ?
    2. i am not gamer (only chess :)) and asking if my daily apps are working normaly
    Viber, chrome, youtube, messenger, facebook, waze, banking apps, netflix HD ?
    By normaly, i mean if all notifications and usually stuff i sworking fine ? i know some things has to be done for notification its not big deal...

I had huawei mate 40 pro, and thought i will survive with workarounds for google play stuff but in the end of day I sold it :D
    Scared to be the same situation as it cost like ~1.4k euro.

Thanks guys !!!!
    Hi,
    1) I am using Google photos as my main photo app,
    2) I am using chrome as my main browser and as a matter of fact I am on XDa website uding chrome on my Vivo X fold +.
    3) I have Capital one Wells Fargo, Chase, Discover and Amex all working. Google pay and google wallet also working and it did verify my card using Capital One app. What's app working no issues Facebook as well I have messenger but not using it much so I am not sure what you need to knoe regarding the messenger app.
    4) Netflix HD videos are playing not sure about 4k HDR, but on such a small screen it's not noticeable.
    just received this new version in the trial section
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.