General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Come back with few daily usage, bettry is very much better. Anyway, keyboard (Gboard) have issue at each restart.
Google Play (v26.5.19-21 [0] [PR] 388558437) don't left me to update any apps...

China vs USA ??? Or small bug ?

Anyone else can confirm issue ?

Regards mate
Ok i update Playstore from APKmirror
Welcome back to the game.

nvgear

Nov 10, 2004
I hope they find a fix for this WiFi calling situation
Just call tmobile and ask them to send you a free cellular signal router, basically you connect the tmobile router to your internet router and the tmobile router will broadcast cellphone signal throughout the house, you wont need wifi calling anymore because you will get 5 bars of regular tmobile signal. That's what I did.

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
Just call tmobile and ask them to send you a free cellular signal router, basically you connect the tmobile router to your internet router and the tmobile router will broadcast cellphone signal throughout the house, you wont need wifi calling anymore because you will get 5 bars of regular tmobile signal. That's what I did.
Do u pay monthly subscription for that?

yesso440

Feb 11, 2012
USA
Guys did anyone try the New update ?

Screenshot_20220806_002741.jpg

yesso440

Feb 11, 2012
USA
Guys did anyone try the New update ?

View attachment 5678757
Okay so I tried this is by far fixing most of our issues guys

The notification issues on the home screens and the messenger and android sms issue as well it worked fine.

The notification content as well was annoying and doesn't show the message content fixed

Some of the finger print and facial unlock is improved

Download and install it's safe so far

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
Guys this is driving me crazy. Google play store stops working and keeps showing Try Again. I did every thing i even reset the phone still same issue. The only way for it to work is to hook it up to pc then it works. If i disconect and try to open it it go back to try again. Any one has any idea or a way to fix this? Whats the connection between the pc and the phone for it to work? what am i doing wrong?

greenenggxx

Jun 22, 2022
Okay so I tried this is by far fixing most of our issues guys

The notification issues on the home screens and the messenger and android sms issue as well it worked fine.

The notification content as well was annoying and doesn't show the message content fixed

Some of the finger print and facial unlock is improved

Download and install it's safe so far
What issues were fixed?

greenenggxx

Jun 22, 2022
Guys I just updated and now my dark mode notifications are working too! Had to enable Google again for Gboard Gmail etc to work.. will report back any issues

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Good to hear that it is working now, and yes heard that T-Mobile is working in the States (was hoping to find someone in Canada with a fully working service- thread that I started: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/vivo-x-fold-volte-access-in-canada.4476419/ ), lucky you are able to use full service with them.
Here in Canada, I am hearing that the VoLTE communications settings is greyed out with two of our largest carriers, Rogers and Bell, so that is not good as I am really interested in getting the phone, but not if the standard VoLTE is not working.
Hi, I get 5G on both Telus and Bell

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Guys this is driving me crazy. Google play store stops working and keeps showing Try Again. I did every thing i even reset the phone still same issue. The only way for it to work is to hook it up to pc then it works. If i disconect and try to open it it go back to try again. Any one has any idea or a way to fix this? Whats the connection between the pc and the phone for it to work? what am i doing wrong?
APK mirror, install lastest APK of Google, solve issue for me !
Try and send feedback if you can.

Reactions: invensmaster

OrionBG

I can confirm that the latest update fixed the notification issue for messenger and some others. All notifications are OK (in dark mode)... I think...
Regarding wifi calling, is that a T-Mobile issue? I constantly see the wifi calling icon when on wifi.
As for launchers, once again, check Total Launcher. It has full support for two separate home screens and works quite well on the X fold.

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
APK mirror, install lastest APK of Google, solve issue for me !
Try and send feedback if you can.
Thanks for your reply. Tho i found where was the issue. I was resetting then disabling com.vivo.pem & com.vivo.sps.
For some reason they used to stop playstore from working. i don't see the connection. But i spent the whole day doing trials and errors till i finally figured it. Conclusion i am on last build (trial) all is working good also notifications r coming in and all is good.

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Thanks for your reply. Tho i found where was the issue. I was resetting then disabling com.vivo.pem & com.vivo.sps.
For some reason they used to stop playstore from working. i don't see the connection. But i spent the whole day doing trials and errors till i finally figured it. Conclusion i am on last build (trial) all is working good also notifications r coming in and all is good.
So far so good.

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Hey Rocky,
Thanks for the update, yes I have heard the 5G works on some of the carriers... if it works on Bell will most likely work on Telus also, which is great, but what about your current Voice phone call communication protocol.

The new standard is VoLTE 4G which apparently is a separate communication protocol using 4G and LTE together in new phones. It is turned on in you Sim card communications, otherwise you are probably using the old 3G for voice calling. I have been told that it is greyed out in the settings for Canadian Carriers (lack of certification with them) and can't be turned on for both Rogers and Bell - or any Canadian Carriers, I've been told, therefore the phone defaults back to 3G which you may be on at the moment... but 3G is going to be discontinued/removed starting Dec 2023.

Can you do me a big favour and double check this on your Vivo X Fold, I think it is in Settings/Mobile Networks (based on your sim card for VoLTE), and see if it is turned on, off, greyed out, inaccessible, not there... or what the deal is, as VoLTE is the current and future standard for voice phone calling and voice communications on Vivo phones in Canada after Dec 2023 will be a big issue if this is not possible.

This a the big issue that is pausing me on purchasing this phone, which leaves me with the narrow front screened Samsung fold 4.... I would appreciate if you can check this out Rocky, and let me know.

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
With the latest update I'm now having auto fill issues using bitwarden with either Gboard or Swiftkey.

If my vault is locked and I need to auto fill I used to be able to hit the vault is locked shortcut, authenticate with biometrics and be on my way. Now the shortcut does nothing and I have to switch to bitwarden manually and authenticate.

Tried reinstalling all apps.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
You can connect to 5G on Telus, Bell, and Rogers and you will see the 5G symbol, and you can stream video or download on 5G, but place a voice call and watch the symbol change to 3G. That is because all voice calls use 3G unless you have enabled VoLTE (voice over 4G), but the settings in Mobile Network that allow you to toggle on VoLTE only appear when your carrier enables them for your phone, and the Canadian carriers won't enable VoLTE for Vivo phones. You can still place voice calls in Canada because 3G networks are still up and running (for another two years), but when you can't take your phone with a Canadian SIM into the US and place a voice call because they have shut down their 3G networks. Without VoLTE in the US, you dial out and nothing happens. T-Mobile has enabled VoLTE for these phones on their network, but you would need a T-Mobile SIM for that.

Reactions: rocky272727

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
frcraig,
I seen Rocky's post, so I thought I would ask, see what is happening with his phone/service, if it possibly is a different Canadian carrier and service with VoLTE possibly working.... Up till now, it seems there is no VoLTE as you say, so wishful thinking... I know, but ~ 2 K for a phone is a lot and if I end up with the Samsung Fold 4, and later find out there was/is support for the VoLTE, I will not be happy, as I really would like to go with the larger front screen format, but not if the voice phone calling is not going to work here in Canada, in the near future.

I have put out a request through Vivo Care which have forwarded my question about the VoLTE 4G access for Canadian carriers, to the developers... waiting to hear back from them to see what they say, meanwhile the Samsung fold 4 being introduced in 3 days.

By the way, did you try that Bios Code: "*#*#4636#*#*" on the Vivo X Fold dial pad, as it is a universal code to switch that radio on if it is off, or turn off and back on to reset it, maybe it will do something? - I found a video showing this process using the Redmi Note, @ the 5 min time stamp.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
frcraig,
I seen Rocky's post, so I thought I would ask, see what is happening with his phone/service, if it possibly is a different Canadian carrier and service with VoLTE possibly working.... Up till now, it seems there is no VoLTE as you say, so wishful thinking... I know, but ~ 2 K for a phone is a lot and if I end up with the Samsung Fold 4, and later find out there was/is support for the VoLTE, I will not be happy, as I really would like to go with the larger front screen format, but not if the voice phone calling is not going to work here in Canada, in the near future.

I have put out a request through Vivo Care which have forwarded my question about the VoLTE 4G access for Canadian carriers, to the developers... waiting to hear back from them to see what they say, meanwhile the Samsung fold 4 being introduced in 3 days.

By the way, did you try that Bios Code: "*#*#4636#*#*" on the Vivo X Fold dial pad, as it is a universal code to switch that radio on if it is off, or turn off and back on to reset it, maybe it will do something? - I found a video showing this process using the Redmi Note, @ the 5 min time stamp.
Unfortunately VoLTE is greyed out in the Radio menu (*##4636#*#*). I have tried Telus and Bell SIMs as well as my own Rogers SIM. As a corporate customer I've spoken to Rogers Business Tech Support and they have confirmed that Vivo phones 'have not been certified' for use on their network and therefore they won't enable VoLTE. I have filled a complaint with the CRTC and with Rogers Business.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was a process but I finished it. It should not take this much to join a beta ffs. Vivo calm down
    8139a841-2f06-4d51-91f3-45850990d7ce.jpg
    20c48467-251c-49f0-8312-8979e9f72f4a.jpg
    A little feedback from my part on this update (android 13). They have made a huge improvement on small window feature. I can now take full advantage of the large screen to play games and watch videos at the same time. Previously, there are so many bugs with this feature that i couldn't even use it. I can basically adjust the size of the window when i need to see things bigger and shrink it when it's not needed. Top down split mode is not there as i previously complained about it in their forum, but the small window feature can make up for that imo. It's not 100% perfect, i still notice some bugs like i can't click near the bottom of the small window. Or the pulldown menu from the top where all the buttons (wifi, data, gps, nfc..) gets overlay with each other. But this issue only occurred to me once. and the screen kept on flickering for some reason. and that also only occurred to me once so far. I restarted the phone, then everything went back to normal. However, Google photos widget is not working properly at the moment. It's not displaying any photos and it says "No account found". Maybe i'll try to uninstall and reinstall later to see if it fix the problem.
    1669600498795.png
    just received this new version in the trial section
    Hi Everyone,
    Thinking to get this phone from wondamobile.. but have few questions. Quickly checked this thread but seems no answer visible.
    1. google photos are working on this phone ?
    2. i am not gamer (only chess :)) and asking if my daily apps are working normaly
    Viber, chrome, youtube, messenger, facebook, waze, banking apps, netflix HD ?
    By normaly, i mean if all notifications and usually stuff i sworking fine ? i know some things has to be done for notification its not big deal...

I had huawei mate 40 pro, and thought i will survive with workarounds for google play stuff but in the end of day I sold it :D
    Scared to be the same situation as it cost like ~1.4k euro.

Thanks guys !!!!
    Hi,
    1) I am using Google photos as my main photo app,
    2) I am using chrome as my main browser and as a matter of fact I am on XDa website uding chrome on my Vivo X fold +.
    3) I have Capital one Wells Fargo, Chase, Discover and Amex all working. Google pay and google wallet also working and it did verify my card using Capital One app. What's app working no issues Facebook as well I have messenger but not using it much so I am not sure what you need to knoe regarding the messenger app.
    4) Netflix HD videos are playing not sure about 4k HDR, but on such a small screen it's not noticeable.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.