General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
Thanks for your reply. Tho i found where was the issue. I was resetting then disabling com.vivo.pem & com.vivo.sps.
For some reason they used to stop playstore from working. i don't see the connection. But i spent the whole day doing trials and errors till i finally figured it. Conclusion i am on last build (trial) all is working good also notifications r coming in and all is good.
whenever u have a chance can u tell me which build u used from apk mirror. Thanks

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Hey Rocky,
Thanks for the update, yes I have heard the 5G works on some of the carriers... if it works on Bell will most likely work on Telus also, which is great, but what about your current Voice phone call communication protocol.

The new standard is VoLTE 4G which apparently is a separate communication protocol using 4G and LTE together in new phones. It is turned on in you Sim card communications, otherwise you are probably using the old 3G for voice calling. I have been told that it is greyed out in the settings for Canadian Carriers (lack of certification with them) and can't be turned on for both Rogers and Bell - or any Canadian Carriers, I've been told, therefore the phone defaults back to 3G which you may be on at the moment... but 3G is going to be discontinued/removed starting Dec 2023.

Can you do me a big favour and double check this on your Vivo X Fold, I think it is in Settings/Mobile Networks (based on your sim card for VoLTE), and see if it is turned on, off, greyed out, inaccessible, not there... or what the deal is, as VoLTE is the current and future standard for voice phone calling and voice communications on Vivo phones in Canada after Dec 2023 will be a big issue if this is not possible.

This a the big issue that is pausing me on purchasing this phone, which leaves me with the narrow front screened Samsung fold 4.... I would appreciate if you can check this out Rocky, and let me know.
Hey, I don't see the VoLTE option in the connections menu. frcraig is right, as soon as I place a call my connection drops to 3G. I had the same issue with my Huawei Mate 20X

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_213457.jpg
    IMG_20220807_213457.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 39

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Unfortunately VoLTE is greyed out in the Radio menu (*##4636#*#*). I have tried Telus and Bell SIMs as well as my own Rogers SIM. As a corporate customer I've spoken to Rogers Business Tech Support and they have confirmed that Vivo phones 'have not been certified' for use on their network and therefore they won't enable VoLTE. I have filled a complaint with the CRTC and with Rogers Business.
Well you are well ahead of me with all of this, having the phone already, key information/details, and confirmation from Business Tech support... further than I got, even for an answer with Rogers two days ago.... YES glad to hear you lodged a complaint to both maybe CRTC will force their hand, how they can sell a $$$ expensive phone like that and not have that key VoLTE supported on it, looks real bad on Vivo and the carriers, Ugh! Curious to see what Vivo Care developers are going say when they respond to my email about this from Friday.

Really sad about this, as I guess I am stuck with the Samsung Fold 4 as my best option,
on the plus side, at least the software multi-tasking will be better and get a s-pen, but I really don't like the narrow form factor.
I really appreciate your practical experience, and information on this frcraig, real shame about the lack of VoLTE on this phone in Canada!

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Hey, I don't see the VoLTE option in the connections menu. frcraig is right, as soon as I place a call my connection drops to 3G. I had the same issue with my Huawei Mate 20X
Thanks for confirming, thought so, lol, wishful thinking as I really wanted to go for this phone.
Too bad about the VoLTE then... I hope for you owners of this Vivo X Fold, that frcraig's complaint to CRTC and Rogers gets some traction, but I am not going to buy the phone now because of this... unless a VoLTE miracle happens in the next few days.

Leykis

Jan 27, 2011
Got my Vivo on Friday and been setting it up all weekend. Loving it so far. Just some annoyances with the Chinese bloatware that's on it. Has anyone here been able to successfully create an account to buy themes off the Vivo theme store? If so, how did you do it and which payment option did you use(Alipay or WeChat)?

ike101692

May 4, 2013
Vivo X Fold
Got my Vivo on Friday and been setting it up all weekend. Loving it so far. Just some annoyances with the Chinese bloatware that's on it. Has anyone here been able to successfully create an account to buy themes off the Vivo theme store? If so, how did you do it and which payment option did you use(Alipay or WeChat)?
Haven't brought any themes but I was able to create a Vivo Account using their website.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Ironically I have a Huawei Mate 20 X on one of my lines and it shows the HD Calling / VoLTE switch in Mobile Network settings. I bought it in Hong Kong just before Covid began, brought it home and put a Telus SIM card in it and the VoLTE settings appeared. I switched my lines to Rogers and same thing happened when I put the Rogers SIM in - instant VoLTE - and it works as calls don't drop to 3G (my wife proved that to me on a recent trip to New York).

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Ironically I have a Huawei Mate 20 X on one of my lines and it shows the HD Calling / VoLTE switch in Mobile Network settings. I bought it in Hong Kong just before Covid began, brought it home and put a Telus SIM card in it and the VoLTE settings appeared. I switched my lines to Rogers and same thing happened when I put the Rogers SIM in - instant VoLTE - and it works as calls don't drop to 3G (my wife proved that to me on a recent trip to New York).
That is strange, I will check again with my old phone and get back.

dallas1164

Jan 29, 2015
Vivo X Fold
One of the best phones ever

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
One of the best phones ever
That is odd on the VoLTE for you and frcraig,
Yes the Max 20 X looks like an amazing phone and love Huawei's quality. It is too bad with the ban on Google accounts/services. I would have liked to updated my Huawei Note 8 around that time, but that is when the ban started happening and I was still enjoying my Huawei Note 8, so never bothered.

Curious with the Google services ban, do you both still have the Google Services on Huawei Mate X, with the latest Android, I assume you got global version?

dallas1164

Jan 29, 2015
Vivo X Fold
That is odd on the VoLTE for you and frcraig,
Yes the Max 20 X looks like an amazing phone and love Huawei's quality. It is too bad with the ban on Google accounts/services. I would have liked to updated my Huawei Note 8 around that time, but that is when the ban started happening and I was still enjoying my Huawei Note 8, so never bothered.

Curious with the Google services ban, do you both still have the Google Services on Huawei Mate X, with the latest Android, I assume you got global version?
Its not my daily phone anymore but it's been getting updates and still has Google services. I have the China version.

Reactions: Q-Prof

wwyjoe

Apr 26, 2012
Hi folks. How to turn off suggested replies in messaging apps such as Whatsapp? For example, when I receive a whatsapp message, the message comes with various suggested replies.

Tried going through Settings in Vivo but can't seem to find the option to turn this off.

dallas1164

Jan 29, 2015
Vivo X Fold
Hi folks. How to turn off suggested replies in messaging apps such as Whatsapp? For example, when I receive a whatsapp message, the message comes with various suggested replies.

Tried going through Settings in Vivo but can't seem to find the option to turn this off.
Wouldn't it be in the app that is doing it? Which keyboard are you using?

Leykis

Jan 27, 2011
I was able to pair my Samsung Active 2 watch with the phone and the Galaxy wearable app works but after my screen shuts off for a while the watch will disconnect from the phone and I don't get any notification on my watch. I have to unlock the phone and then re-connect the watch to the app. What's causing this to keep disconnecting?

jwilson77

Aug 18, 2010
Des Moines
I’m getting pretty close to selling this phone, sadly. Has anyone figured out how to send and receive MMS messages on Google Fi? Not having this functionality is a huge problem. Gah! I love this phone so much, but I can’t use it without that ability.

Top Liked Posts

Are there any issues with calls, signal etc. I am really excited to update but afraid if I cant use the phone.
    Quite impressed with the update on X Fold+. Phone feels smoother and got Volte and VoWifi working in Canada ( wasn't available in the previous firmware). Good job Vivo.
    This was a process but I finished it. It should not take this much to join a beta ffs. Vivo calm down
    8139a841-2f06-4d51-91f3-45850990d7ce.jpg
    20c48467-251c-49f0-8312-8979e9f72f4a.jpg
    Hi Everyone,
    Thinking to get this phone from wondamobile.. but have few questions. Quickly checked this thread but seems no answer visible.
    1. google photos are working on this phone ?
    2. i am not gamer (only chess :)) and asking if my daily apps are working normaly
    Viber, chrome, youtube, messenger, facebook, waze, banking apps, netflix HD ?
    By normaly, i mean if all notifications and usually stuff i sworking fine ? i know some things has to be done for notification its not big deal...

I had huawei mate 40 pro, and thought i will survive with workarounds for google play stuff but in the end of day I sold it :D
    Scared to be the same situation as it cost like ~1.4k euro.

Thanks guys !!!!
    Hi,
    1) I am using Google photos as my main photo app,
    2) I am using chrome as my main browser and as a matter of fact I am on XDa website uding chrome on my Vivo X fold +.
    3) I have Capital one Wells Fargo, Chase, Discover and Amex all working. Google pay and google wallet also working and it did verify my card using Capital One app. What's app working no issues Facebook as well I have messenger but not using it much so I am not sure what you need to knoe regarding the messenger app.
    4) Netflix HD videos are playing not sure about 4k HDR, but on such a small screen it's not noticeable.
    just received this new version in the trial section
    Are there any issues with calls, signal etc. I am really excited to update but afraid if I cant use the phone.
    Quite impressed with the update on X Fold+. Phone feels smoother and got Volte and VoWifi working in Canada ( wasn't available in the previous firmware). Good job Vivo.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!
    Hey guys, two days ago I got my X fold delivered. Big thanks to Wonda Mobile for a 3 days delivery from Asia to UK!
    Interestingly enough I am getting notifications on I think everything with dark mode enabled! Have not deleted any of Vivo's apps and I have not disabled anything. The only place I don't see notifications, other than calls and smses is the always on display.
    I'm in London on Smarty (runs on the 3UK network) and have 5G everywhere I had it with my S21 Ultra (it is even better I think) getting more than 700mbs
    I have checked and all UK operators are running their 5G networs on bands supportd by the phone.
    The only major problem I have is the connection to my Tickwatch 3 pro ultra gps. The Wear OS app (from play store) will connect to the watch but not go through the setup proces after selecting my google account. Just spins and nothing... Tried with the Chinese Ware OS app but during setup it tells me that for decices otside of China I should use the one from the play store. Any help on this would be helpful.
    Regarding notifications I just went and enabled everything in app info notifications and permissions sections for the apps I need and also in the single permissions section.
    Ask me for specific things and I might be able to test them for you guys.