General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

mikele2016

Aug 26, 2016
Thanks, it seems like a positive response. Do you mean that this phone is no good for Android beginners who live in North America when it comes out of the box? To rephrase: can we utilize it as-is, or do we need to make adjustments? thanks
For more You can see on tradingshenzen there is a video for the best settings and at the end of this video the way to uninstall the bloatware via ADB here :

Reactions: lucboucim

shoho80

Sep 10, 2020
OnePlus 5T
Vivo X Fold
Thanks, it seems like a positive response. Do you mean that this phone is no good for Android beginners who live in North America when it comes out of the box? To rephrase: can we utilize it as-is, or do we need to make adjustments? thanks
then again, this phone supposedly should be use in china specifically made for their own market only. can't complain too much tho. we just try our best to accomodate and best fit to our daily use.

ashraf1974

Oct 14, 2022
For more You can see on tradingshenzen there is a video for the best settings and at the end of this video the way to uninstall the bloatware via ADB here :

then again, this phone supposedly should be use in china specifically made for their own market only. can't complain too much tho. we just try our best to accomodate and best fit to our daily use.
If I'm being really frank, all I need is the ability to make and receive calls, send and receive messages, browse the web, use business applications, have a nice photography experience regardless of screen size, and so on. The large book will be used mainly for reading. Although I sometimes check YouTube for reviews, I don't play video games or watch television. I have never used a third-party app for messaging or calling since I see them as nothing more than free information thieves. I would be satisfied with the phone if it could do these tasks without any further settings or software tweaks.

mikele2016

Aug 26, 2016
If I'm being really frank, all I need is the ability to make and receive calls, send and receive messages, browse the web, use business applications, have a nice photography experience regardless of screen size, and so on. The large book will be used mainly for reading. Although I sometimes check YouTube for reviews, I don't play video games or watch television. I have never used a third-party app for messaging or calling since I see them as nothing more than free information thieves. I would be satisfied with the phone if it could do these tasks without any further settings or software tweaks.
In this case I think you will be better with a google device or something like, may be Apple... The Vivo X Fold is absolutely not the device you need... If you already bought it you must seriously think to return it back or you will be very unhappy

Nov 18, 2008
I don't know what business applications you do on the phone but I do stock trading with banking apps and it work fine for me,this phone work good for normal use just like what you said because I using this phone just like what you said, call and text, reading book and watching YouTube/Netflix...I didn't do any updates for this phone until now cause I have no problems with it, only the multitasking not as good as Samsung,but it not a big deal for me :), hope this help

Reactions: audscott

NeoGoku123

Jan 19, 2014
got a new update yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221020_092013.jpg
    Screenshot_20221020_092013.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20221020_092019.jpg
    Screenshot_20221020_092019.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Candy_girl2008

Androidhero78

Dec 25, 2010
Hello everyone, I got my x fold last night using it on Google Fi. set up was easy and got all the Google apps and store installed. The notifications are being a pain but slowly getting that sorted.

The main issue im having which i havent seen anyone mention here and hopefully yall can help. I cannot answer calls if they come in when the screen is locked. I've tried the default dialer and the Google dialer with the same result. the screen lights up and the answer and hang up options are there but when i swipe to answer it just doesnt.

davonmikelnelson

Oct 26, 2022

timalpipo:​

Did you get vanced working or are you waiting for revanced?
I was able to get vanced installed and functional using a link I found from Reddit using Wayback.
If you get it working let me know! I've tried everything and nothing has worked so far. Staying hopeful though.
I got it working using a reddit link that pointed to Wayback. I'll attach screenshots of settings for verifications. Playback and sponsor block seem to be working decently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026_023042.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026_023042.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20221026_023105.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026_023105.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20221026_023401.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026_023401.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 43

ZakOTool

Oct 28, 2022
Hello there,

nice topic, i visit it everyday. I got my X Fold last thursday. I want to ask you, how sturdy your hinge is?

I have a little bit movement, less then a millimeter, if the X Fold is closed.

If i push the aluminium sides of the phone, they move a little bit and you hear a weak scratching sound.

Is your hinge completly tight?

Thanks in advance,

Zak

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Hello there,

nice topic, i visit it everyday. I got my X Fold last thursday. I want to ask you, how sturdy your hinge is?

I have a little bit movement, less then a millimeter, if the X Fold is closed.

If i push the aluminium sides of the phone, they move a little bit and you hear a weak scratching sound.

Is your hinge completly tight?

Thanks in advance,

Zak
Hi,

I have had my phone for almost 4 months and no play in the hinge. I have dropped my phone twice but the hinge is still intact without any play/movement.

rinconhd

Apr 7, 2015
Good evening, Is there someone with an X Fold and who has Tickwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS linked successfully. Thanks

Androidhero78

Dec 25, 2010
Google messages app can't send MMS on vivo x fold that's why your picture sending doesn't work and there's no fix for that. But if you use the stock sms app everything will work fine including MMS.
hello, im using the stock app but still cannot send or receive MMS they just hang on sending or downloading. Im using google fi.

Any help would be appreciated thank you

Androidhero78

Dec 25, 2010
So have been testing the phone and in particual how to use Google Fi, after a lot of trials I found that I could get it to work and fully activate it

a) In order to make things to work I had to use a v33 APK for Google FI, it seems that recent APK have certain limitations that created a lot of issues to activate
b) Had to perform multiple setting changes:
  1. Had to change battery to high performance
  2. Ensure that gmail was the default account
  3. Permissions, had to activate all, including single permissions
  4. Had to turn off 5G in the mobile network portion and click on for roaming
  5. Had to trun off optimized on the flow control within mobile networks
c) Don't let the APK be updated by play store updates
d) Under mobile networks you will find 4 APN's , I selected the one with T Mobile in the description

The whole thing works great with no issue including 5G, but ( yes there is one) I noticed that in certain locations I would lose phone/data, I could not access mobile network screen ,etc. Going into airplane mode would not work and had to reset the phone. This would occurred randomly

In order to test I used a SIM from Mint Mobile as to test, no issue and stable at al moments

What I found is that I was moving around the town, the phone of course due to roaming , move between networks . Noticed that if I restricted roaming phone would stabilize

Speculation:

My assumption is that all phones roam between networks and in this case I think at times you will need to roam on maybe within an AT&T portion of the network and the phone is left hanging creating this gap and as such the phone falling in this loop

APN's between Google FI and MINT area the same with exception of the MMSC and MNC (260 vs 240)

If someone has figured out an improved way to have Google Fi 100% and in particualr having a consistent behaviour please share so we can help others
did you ever get this figured out? i just got mine and im using Fi as well. got calls working mostly ( randomly it just stops letting me answer calls) and texts seem to work fine but no mms at all.

Androidhero78

Dec 25, 2010
Yes I was able to get stable Google Fi connection with roaming.. everything works great even regular sms. Just mms is not working.
Did you ever get the mms issue resolved? I just got mine on fi as well and everything is fine but i cant send or receive mms no matter the app i use. I am using the stock app now but ive tried textra, messages and others. Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!