General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

Glesi23

Jun 14, 2022
Had my sim change to R15 on T-Mobile still having issues with people saying my phone's breaking up.
Change these settings:

Android APN settings
Open the Access Point Names or APNs menu.
In Settings, look under Wireless & Networks or tap the Connections tab.
Touch Mobile network. You may need to touch More settings, More..., or More networks first.
Touch Access Point Names.
Touch the T-Mobile APN if one is available. If not, press the Menu key and touch new APN.
Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN.
Name: T-Mobile
APN: Fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) or epc.tmobile.com (for non-LTE devices)
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication Type: <Not set>
APN Type: default,supl,mms OR Internet+MMS
Default Android provides a text field to enter: default,supl,mms.
Samsung provides an Internet+MMS radio button to select.
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6 or IPv4 only when roaming internationally
Turn APN on/off: Grayed out unless there are multiple APNs
Bearer: NR
Press the save button on top right

Restart your phone

Lmk if this helps!

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
The boot.img include in that article is outdated, so it will boot loop - not sure which firmware it is claimed to be from, but it certainly did not work with the version on my phone (Cant remember if I even checked for mismatch)

My issue was, I extracted the boot.img (from memory the path was slightly different {I will confirm this once I do this again}) patched it in magisk, flashed via fastboot and the phone would not boot, I left it for a good 15 mins, it just sits on the vivo logo.

I will try again tonight with the latest firmware, If it all works out I will include patched and unpatched boot files which can be checksum checked for security.

If the latest firmware has fixed the bootloader exploit, we can downgrade - though T-mobile, 3, 02 users will continue to suffer with call drop outs.
That one shouldn't be out of date and the writer keeps the most current version. based on update file. I was able to root with the most recent file and also have a boot.img.

Typically once the bootloader is unlocked, I haven't seen any oems use a relock in that way. I had to install the full may package before I actually could update to the most recent update (that removed root but kept blu intact).

Having said that here's the boot.img

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Qog9HYxuouhlqaKJV0LfQff2TF5wdRbb?usp=sharing this one is for the most recent update. I'm not sure if you'll be able to use this boot.img though

jwilson77

Aug 18, 2010
Des Moines
Had to use wear (chinese version installed with vivo appstore) first, and health (samsung app) after. Worked for me.
Just ininstall wear us version if you have it....
Is it the first option in the list pictured? The install button is greyed out for me. Crap.
Screenshot_20220622_225534.jpg

Last edited:

Timoxa

Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
That one shouldn't be out of date and the writer keeps the most current version. based on update file. I was able to root with the most recent file and also have a boot.img.

Typically once the bootloader is unlocked, I haven't seen any oems use a relock in that way. I had to install the full may package before I actually could update to the most recent update (that removed root but kept blu intact).

Having said that here's the boot.img

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Qog9HYxuouhlqaKJV0LfQff2TF5wdRbb?usp=sharing this one is for the most recent update. I'm not sure if you'll be able to use this boot.img though

So, have you updated to the latest and extracted this with the DSU method? - I assume you have not tried flashing the magisk patched image?

I tried this last night, again, bootloop when flashing the patched IMG.

I'm going to do a silly test, I'll extract my boot img and flash it back to see if that breaks anything, will determine if it's a magisk issue or fastboot on my PC - I've seen too many anecdotal posts about cables and USB ports causing problems....

g_woodend

Jun 27, 2018
Hi - thanks all who have contributed so far - love this phone but still an odd issue to work out.
My Ring doorbell notifications don't work!!
I have done all the usual (removed com.vivo.pem , disabled com.vivo.sps , battery , notifications , location etc.) but they just don't come through.
All other notifications seem to be fine

Anyone else having this or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
So, have you updated to the latest and extracted this with the DSU method? - I assume you have not tried flashing the magisk patched image?

I tried this last night, again, bootloop when flashing the patched IMG.

I'm going to do a silly test, I'll extract my boot img and flash it back to see if that breaks anything, will determine if it's a magisk issue or fastboot on my PC - I've seen too many anecdotal posts about cables and USB ports causing problems....
Technically you're supposed to pull your own boot.img with the instructions I provided using dsu loader. You shouldn't boot loop after flashing your patched boot.img and you will achieve root

Timoxa

Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
Technically you're supposed to pull your own boot.img with the instructions I provided using dsu loader. You shouldn't boot loop after flashing your patched boot.img and you will achieve root
It was my own Image, patching with magisk or using fastboot flash breaks it, but as I said I'll test tonight to see if it's my machine as there is nothing else It can be.

Post this, need to find a way to strip out more of the Vivo crap, including any warning about launchers.
Changing accessibility options seems to ask for a vivo password every time, that will get boring very quick...
Google Assistant although set as default assistant still does not trigger via Bluetooth headsets.
All fun ;)

Reactions: forestdoor-takaze

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
It was my own Image, patching with magisk or using fastboot flash breaks it, but as I said I'll test tonight to see if it's my machine as there is nothing else It can be.

Post this, need to find a way to strip out more of the Vivo crap, including any warning about launchers.
Changing accessibility options seems to ask for a vivo password every time, that will get boring very quick...
Google Assistant although set as default assistant still does not trigger via Bluetooth headsets.
All fun ;)
I can’t say I’ve experienced that tbh with my rooting woes. The pull (once the instructions were provided) was painless.

I didn’t patch vbmeta though in magisk. I didn’t check the option. But after I got the patched image and uploaded it to my pc it was relatively straightforward thereafter

francoiscox1

May 24, 2022
Did you also download the Galaxy Watch Plug-in from the v-appstore?
No. Use play store for all Samsung apps. Just install Wear os chinese version. Then charge health Samsung. You will may be have to try different methods. Sometimes it works when you open Wear os first and open health just After, sometimes you just have to open health and look for the watch in the menu "accessories" (3 dots menu). The most important is to not install the Wear os us, only keep the chinese version.

Reactions: jwilson77

s960908

Sep 18, 2014

Attachments

• boot.img
    96 MB · Views: 19

s960908

Sep 18, 2014
No. Use play store for all Samsung apps. Just install Wear os chinese version. Then charge health Samsung. You will may be have to try different methods. Sometimes it works when you open Wear os first and open health just After, sometimes you just have to open health and look for the watch in the menu "accessories" (3 dots menu). The most important is to not install the Wear os us, only keep the chinese version.
Sir did you use Galaxy wearable and Samsung Watch 4 plugin? Or just Wear OS China and Samsung Health?
I tried several times, but it never work.
(Sorry for bad English)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!