General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
Is there a sms app that works with sending mms that has more features than the stock sms app? I love google messages search for gifs and whatnot. 🥲🥲

francoiscox1

May 24, 2022
Thanks for the reply, sir.
Can you give the full tutorial?
Because I really didn't know how to use ito_Oo_Oo_O.
I found that on web (i’think that's what i did... but don’t remember exactly because i tried several times) " Here are the steps (as I remember them) I took to get my Galaxy Watch 4 paired and working on my Chinese S21 Ultra (running BRI-Taiwan firmware).
1. Uninstall Wear OS and Samsung Wearable apps (I uninstalled all plugins when prompted).
2. Install Wear OS by Google (China) from apkmirror.
3. Restart phone.
4. Check permissions on Wear OS (location is probably necessary)
5. Open Wear OS and in the menu (3-dots in upper right corner) check the box for "Show all devices when pairing"
6. Scan for devices (sorry, I forget the exact language)
7. Tap your Watch 4 when it appears in the list (you might need to reset your watch before this will work, depending on previous failures to pair)
8. (Here's where my memory is sketchy) I think Wear OS prompted me to accept some terms and an alternate map or search provider which I did.
9. I seem to remember the Wear OS app looping or hanging (not finishing the pairing), but when I opened my bluetooth device screen, my Watch appeared to be paired but not connected.
10. I think I remember force-stopping the Wear OS app.
11. From the bluetooth connections menu (long press on bluetooth icon from the pull down), I touched my Galaxy Watch4 (unique ID) which appeared in the "Paired devices" section to connect it.
12. I seem to remember my phone needed to install and update to the built-in Galaxy Wearable app which I allowed.
13. From there, my memory is extremely hazy, but I think that once the updates and Watch4 plugin were reinstalled (by the Galaxy Wearable app), my Watch4 was paired and connected and it's been working perfectly ever since.

I sincerely hope this helps someone as I couldn't be happier with my Watch4 now that it's paired and connected. Good luck everyone!”

Reactions: s960908

s960908

Sep 18, 2014
I found that on web (i’think that's what i did... but don’t remember exactly because i tried several times) "
Really appreciate your tutorial, but in my case, when the Galaxy Wearable app run to about 50%, it will say the "device lost"(because I am Chinese user, not really know how to translate to English), anyway, I will keep trying.

Thanks for your help again!

dallas1164

Jan 29, 2015
Vivo X Fold
Hi - thanks all who have contributed so far - love this phone but still an odd issue to work out.
My Ring doorbell notifications don't work!!
I have done all the usual (removed com.vivo.pem , disabled com.vivo.sps , battery , notifications , location etc.) but they just don't come through.
All other notifications seem to be fine

Anyone else having this or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Have you gone into single permission settings and made sure everything is on?

timalpipo

Finally successfully root my X Fold.
System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

View attachment 5643949View attachment 5643951View attachment 5643953
Thanks so much for sharing. May i ask some questions please? What is the procedure to achieve the root? what would be the benefit of having a rooted machine? Pros and cons?
Thanks a lot.

lesterljw

Jun 24, 2022
Here is the steps how i got my Galaxy Watch4 connected to my X Fold.
1. Download Wear OS from V-Appstore
2. Download Galaxy Wear from Google Play Store
3. Download Samsung Health from Google Play Store
4. Download and install the oldest version of Galaxy Watch4 Plugin from apkmiror.com (August 11, 2021)
5. Start Pairing with Wear OS until the step showing the progress bar and it will stop at around half of the bar.
6. Minimize the Wear OS start Galaxy Wear to setup up and pair the watch.
7. After a successful paired you will be able to see the watch connected in Galaxy Wear, everything seems normal now but the watch will soon be disconnected and you wont be able to reconnect back.
8. Download and re-install the Feb 2022 version of Galaxy Watch4 Plugin from apkmiror.com (Februry 8, 2022), after the installation your watch will be reconnect back with Galaxy Wear.

I didn't have enough time to do further testing but so far the watch seems to be connected fine and basically I just listed everything I did but i guess some steps might not be needed such as you can try using Feb 2022 version of Galaxy Watch4 Plugin on step 4 instead of the oldest version and also i think Samsung Health can be skip as well, another guess is step 5 also can be skipped.

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
Thanks so much for sharing. May i ask some questions please? What is the procedure to achieve the root? what would be the benefit of having a rooted machine? Pros and cons?
Thanks a lot.
Root allows for a bunch of things, especially some good programs like actually good ad blocking and whatnot, allows custom roms and custom kernels to be used, a con would be things like it trips knox, but for this phone that is irrelevant since it doesn't have knox anyway lol

timalpipo

Root allows for a bunch of things, especially some good programs like actually good ad blocking and whatnot, allows custom roms and custom kernels to be used, a con would be things like it trips knox, but for this phone that is irrelevant since it doesn't have knox anyway lol
Makes sense, thanks a lot for the swift reply.
Now, what is the procedure to achieve the root?
Cheers mate.

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
Makes sense, thanks a lot for the swift reply.
Now, what is the procedure to achieve the root?
Cheers mate.
Not too sure yet. That guy is the first one I've seen successfully root without boot looping his device. You need to have developer mode turned on for sure, the next would be to load a modified boot.img but we'll have to wait until some one writes up a guide. Hopefully we will be able to load TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). It's a custom recovery img that allows an easy load of third party software and allows to you basically never brick your phone as you can always reflash back to stock with it.

Reactions: timalpipo

timalpipo

Not too sure yet. That guy is the first one I've seen successfully root without boot looping his device. You need to have developer mode turned on for sure, the next would be to load a modified boot.img but we'll have to wait until some one writes up a guide. Hopefully we will be able to load TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). It's a custom recovery img that allows an easy load of third party software and allows to you basically never brick your phone as you can always reflash back to stock with it.
Thanks Mate, let's wait then.
We really need a proper forum! @XDA Dev teams, why are we blocked at the front door?

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
That’s not how root is achieved on the device. You’ll need to bootloader unlock the device through custom fastboot (essentially initiate a race condition by running two fastboot flash statements at the same time).

For root follow these instructions

https://xdaforums.com/t/xda-vivo-x-fold-thread-tips-and-tricks.4441939/post-87057061

s960908

Sep 18, 2014
Here is the steps how i got my Galaxy Watch4 connected to my X Fold.
Thank you sir, I finally set up my galaxy watch 4 on X fold.
In my case, every step can not be skipped, I tried to pair without Wear OS -- fail, and only use 2022 Feb plugin -- also fail.
I have some question here, also.
May I uninstall Wear OS China?
Can I reboot phone or watch? will it auto re-connect?

Thanks for your reply.

s960908

Sep 18, 2014
Thanks a lot.
My method:
1. unlock bootloader.
In my case, I use a Chinese toolbox, some Chinese user said that only version before 13.7 can be unlocked, if you are in 14.8 or more, than maybe you can't unlock bl.
2. get the boot.img from the version you want to flash.
I use Wireshark to get the full OTA file, and extract the boot.img.
3. patch boot.img in magisk.
4. flash boot.img to your phone.
That's it, not difficult but because there are still no many information on internet, so I felt very scared when I do all the things.

In my opinion, the main reason I root is because I need gltools, it's a app which can unlock almost every Unity game's FPS, many games I played just lock the FPS to 30 or 60, but I get used to play in 120 FPS, so I really need root.
The cons for root I think is bank app, I don't know other country, but in my country, many bank app will detact root, and ban your permission, but use Satetynet fix and Shamiko can deal with most of them.

Sorry for poor English, becauese my native speak is Chinese.

Reactions: timalpipo
My method:
1. unlock bootloader.
In my case, I use a Chinese toolbox, some Chinese user said that only version before 13.7 can be unlocked, if you are in 14.8 or more, than maybe you can't unlock bl.
2. get the boot.img from the version you want to flash.
I use Wireshark to get the full OTA file, and extract the boot.img.
3. patch boot.img in magisk.
4. flash boot.img to your phone.
That's it, not difficult but because there are still no many information on internet, so I felt very scared when I do all the things.

Oh my god, I tried and failed to unlock too many times with the version PD2178_A12.0.14.8...
I wish I could downgrade....😭

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto

Timoxa

Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

View attachment 5643949View attachment 5643951View attachment 5643953
Genius, thanks for the firmware - DSU extraction just does not work for me... this did.
And I've already broken the phone with Viperfx 🙃

Last edited:

s960908

Sep 18, 2014
Genius, thanks for the firmware
Thanks god, so that means I didn't use the DSU method is a right chioce, or I will stuck in bootloop too haha.
Google pay app said I can use the google pay in my X Fold, but I never test it in real store.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624_042714.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_042714.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 26

Timoxa

Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
The current issues and annoyances list:

1. Incoming calls via MS Teams do not show up at all (can hear the ringtone, and see a notification)
    1. All permissions set, including show on top. (the notification prohibiting apps removed eg Pem)
  2. Snapchat's notifications do not show at all, can hear the audible notification though...
    1. Seems like this is the only app, I know Snapchat has issues with 3rd party notification handler, eg: floating and edge notifications
      1. I think I got chat notifications to work with dark mode disabled (will confirm this)
        1. Confirmed, apps like Snapchat / Telegram will not display notifications while dark mode is on - if there is a notification pending, switching back to light mode will show the notification with a dark outline (as if its stuck in dark mode...)
  3. Factory launcher runs in the background, even when replaced, this sometimes shows up when using the back button instead of home - this is annoying.
  4. Vivo asking for a password to change accessibility settings, I have also noticed some of the setting return to off post a reboot.
  5. LastPass autofill does not work at all, assuming that Google password manager would be the same?
    1. Not a fix, but enabling legacy autofill method in LastPass will make this work, make sure you disable the normal password autofill option.
  6. Vivo security warnings about launcher and developer mode..
  7. Adding additional apps to the multitasking sidebar, seems even apps that support floating mode aren't shown
    1. I've tried the developer option trick that works on Sammy phones
  8. Outer screen sensitivity, I've noticed this is far too sensitive, you can hover your finger over certain areas, and it will register as a touch. - Big issue!
  9. Music players seek or media controls aren't shown (reliably) on lock screen (shown in notification shade, but this is forced by the app, not the OS... coming from Samsung and OnePlus this makes no sense)
    1. Weirdly this started working normally with Deezer, all I did was install a lock screen player controls, I then removed it but I can now see the Deezer and Netflix controls on lock screen.
  10. Wear OS just hangs at Wear OS Splash Screen.
    1. Fixed by installing Wear OS from vivo store first, go through setup till it fails (warns about being outside of China, then it will ask to install Wear from Google play, do this and continue the setup, this will work and allow you to connect.
  11. Samsung Smartthings will not allow any device to be clicked on. EG: washing machine controls, or lights cannot be clicked on, lights always say they are offline.

XDA Mods, please make the X fold forum already!

🙄

Last edited:

Logan3824

May 8, 2010

rocky272727 - Which battery management program did you delete to have apps not run in the background? So far I've just used, "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.vivo.pem"​

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!