General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
Hi Guys,

is there anyone else here to confirm that this device can be enrolled to intune for company portal?

Also what about Volte, can it be enabled?

• Wow
Reactions: ZedYago01

Allografter

May 15, 2022
London, UK
Hello Bro
Good to read your message

Is the wondamobile.com trust website to buy?

I was searching and googling but then came to their link of the CEO/managers, it seems to be a fake thing, that's why I'm asking your opinion, please:

1- it is supposed a phone shopping website in HK but the directors are ladies' fashion designers' job titles!!
2- The CEO is David miller and his photo is a photo of a girl!!
3- Directors' names are not HK names, it is a western names!!
4- Our mission, our story...etc, are all non-logic and no sense articles, I translated and it's all no sense!!

Anyone who can see the link below of wondamobiles CEO and board of directors will notice something weird.

Anyone can help? Thanks.

(https://www.wondamobile.com/claue-about-us)

Hello Bro
Good to read your message

Is the wondamobile.com trust website to buy?

I was searching and googling but then came to their link of the CEO/managers, it seems to be a fake thing, that's why I'm asking your opinion, please:

1- it is supposed a phone shopping website in HK but the directors are ladies' fashion designers' job titles!!
2- The CEO is David miller and his photo is a photo of a girl!!
3- Directors' names are not HK names, it is a western names!!
4- Our mission, our story...etc, are all non-logic and no sense articles, I translated and it's all no sense!!

Anyone who can see the link below of wondamobiles CEO and board of directors will notice something weird.

Anyone can help? Thanks.

(https://www.wondamobile.com/claue-about-us)

View attachment 5651097
Not sure what this is about but I've used them for years with absolutely no issues. They are a trusted business. The only issues I have had have been FedEx!

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Just a quick one, did you get your x fold 3 days after purchase from wonda? My fold 3 literally died yesterday and I need a new phone ASAP. The 2-3 working day processing time and 7-10 delivery time was what stopped me from checking out yesterday. I'm also in the uk.
I feel your issue, but the phone is worth waiting for, just think of a phone that the whole world doesn't have yet, it's a unique unit.

hazemfive

Jul 3, 2022
Nice!

What phone did you have before and have you ever used any of the galaxy fold phones?
I am currently having galaxy fold 2 and I am just wondering if I am going to miss important stuff I got used to use with this phone.

From 0 to 10 scale how much satisfied are you with Vivo X fold?
Me 2, trying to convince myself to upgrade my ZF2 to vivo fold, only afraid of the chinese rom software, afraid to have difficulty moving from Samsung to vivo.

azn2coo

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone on Google fi having issue with receiving and sending mms on any messaging app? I try vivo default messaging, Textra, and Google message. none I can receive or send mms. Regular sms come through no problem.

kiawui

Jan 15, 2008
Hello Guys. Any one having issues with synced contacts from Google? I recive a message or call its does not show name only number even if it is saved with name.
Check to make sure that contacts in phone is set to display your Google contacts if it still doesn't work try deleting your Google account and add again under settings > account sync.

Me 2, trying to convince myself to upgrade my ZF2 to vivo fold, only afraid of the chinese rom software, afraid to have difficulty moving from Samsung to vivo.
I transferred to a Vivo X Fold from a Huawei phone doesn't have much issue except for WhatsApp because Huawei doesn't have the function of backup to Google. Apart from the fact that it has some Chinese apps that you may not use but after installing Playstore it works just like any other phone.

Hi All,
Fo those of you which are using galaxy watch 4 and would like to pay with the watch.
You can use samsung pay, it works (gpay is working on the phone but not on the watch)
You have to download samsung pay framework on the phone and launch samsung pay app on the watch.

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
Yep bought it, thank you everyone for the great tips. Notifications along with work profile are working as intended :)

I got a question though, unfortunately as bought it from second market, I couldnt get the official charger, do you guys know any good alternative charger that I can get? even though I have a 66W charger, I see that its charging very slowly(phone is hot though due to multiple parallel installations).

• Angry

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
I bought the phone but couldnt get the charger and i am using nubia 65w charger. It seems that its charging rather slowly, cnq you guys comment on that please, i also disabled charging optimization. Isnt it slow? Do you guys recommend any alternative charger?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220705_012801.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705_012801.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Angry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!