General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
Also, strangely, can't seem to download or side load Call of Duty - doesn't seem to work. YouTube revanced works initially then when you next open the app, it says there's no internet connection. Any explanations for either?
I downloaded and installed so I can’t really validate it’s an issue. But to confirm it’s call of duty mobile correct?

I haven’t tested YouTube revanced. Are you using an adblocker with vpn?

finalstrider

Nov 7, 2011
London
Yep, I had created and registered my vivo account on PC but when logging in on the phone, the next screen requests you to bind your telephone number for extra security. There's no way to skip or bypass it.

finalstrider

Nov 7, 2011
London
16571181202668901900860938161240.jpg

finalstrider

Nov 7, 2011
London
I just went through this yesterday and there was a way to absolutely skip it after log in. I’m not sure what you did though so I would log off make sure you’re registered on the pc and try logging in there first

Log off of the account on mobile and try again
Yeah, I'm really a bit lost. I tried rebooting the device and it's the same result. Basically I choose "enter email and password" and after doing so the next screen is the one I attached above that asks for phone number
I just went through this yesterday and there was a way to absolutely skip it after log in. I’m not sure what you did though so I would log off make sure you’re registered on the pc and try logging in there first

Log off of the account on mobile and try again

Attachments

• 20220706_163945.jpg
    20220706_163945.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

finalstrider

Nov 7, 2011
London
Okay, thanks for everyone's input. I finally solved it by creating another vivo account with another email address (on PC again) and this time it logs in on the phone - really not sure why this account/ email works and the other one doesn't. Thanks once again for helping a newb out.

Reactions: domineus

Bryan839

Nov 18, 2009
Okay, thanks for everyone's input. I finally solved it by creating another vivo account with another email address (on PC again) and this time it logs in on the phone - really not sure why this account/ email works and the other one doesn't. Thanks once again for helping a newb out.
How are you enjoying the phone. Can’t believe how quick delivery was for you! That’s brilliant. I’m actually thinking of keeping mine now and selling my iPhone 13 pro max.

Allografter

May 15, 2022
London, UK
I downloaded and installed so I can’t really validate it’s an issue. But to confirm it’s call of duty mobile correct?

I haven’t tested YouTube revanced. Are you using an adblocker with vpn?
Sorted out YouTube Revanced. You need to go into permission management and grant micro g permission to autostart and run in the background otherwise after the first opening of the YouTube app it stops working.

Reactions: GaresTaylan

finalstrider

Nov 7, 2011
London
How are you enjoying the phone. Can’t believe how quick delivery was for you! That’s brilliant. I’m actually thinking of keeping mine now and selling my iPhone 13 pro max.
Thanks Bryan, yeah I couldn't recommend Wondamobile enough! So far I'm getting my around Origin OS and setting up Nova, lots to do and plenty of bloat to delete but my first impression is that it's fantastic!

GregWrath

Jul 1, 2022
Hi all, Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble with unlocking certain apps using the fingerprint sesnsor?

For example, my banking app.. asks me to put my pin in to allow the app to use the fingerprint every single time i open the app? and some other apps (the majority work) just fail to open and have to use my pin.

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
first of all thank you all for sharing tips and helping people here.

So far, I am loving the phone. The missing piece of the puzzle is that when I install and use Nova, I cannot use the gestures(swiping bottom right/left to move between apps, 3 finger screen split). Is there any workaround for this as these are essentials.

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Hi all, Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble with unlocking certain apps using the fingerprint sesnsor?

For example, my banking app.. asks me to put my pin in to allow the app to use the fingerprint every single time i open the app? and some other apps (the majority work) just fail to open and have to use my pin.
All the apps I have that use it, work properly. Only when I delete a fingerprint or add a new one, it will ask once to reenter my pin and then works again. (but that happens on all devices)

Also regarding the charging. Sorry for not replying earlier but had some long days lately. With my Laptop's 65W USB-C charger, Ampere really does not show more than 1500mAh but the phone still charges quite fast... Not as fast as with its own charger but I don't mind as I almost always charge overnight. One of these days I'll try Ampere with the original charger to see what it shows then...

And yes, Wonda Mobile... as I mentioned already they did a great job for mine too. 3 days after postage I was setting my phone up. (this is also not the first time I purchased from them. Back in 2020 or maybe 2019 not sure exactly... I got a Huawei Mate 20 X from them and I used that phone many many moons )

GregWrath

Jul 1, 2022
All the apps I have that use it, work properly. Only when I delete a fingerprint or add a new one, it will ask once to reenter my pin and then works again. (but that happens on all devices)

Also regarding the charging. Sorry for not replying earlier but had some long days lately. With my Laptop's 65W USB-C charger, Ampere really does not show more than 1500mAh but the phone still charges quite fast... Not as fast as with its own charger but I don't mind as I almost always charge overnight. One of these days I'll try Ampere with the original charger to see what it shows then...

And yes, Wonda Mobile... as I mentioned already they did a great job for mine too. 3 days after postage I was setting my phone up. (this is also not the first time I purchased from them. Back in 2020 or maybe 2019 not sure exactly... I got a Huawei Mate 20 X from them and I used that phone many many moons )
Thanks for the response ill look into it, and i can second OrionBGs comment on Wonda Mobile, ive used them several times and never had any issues. I even bought an LG Wing (was actually a great phone dont judge) from them and now my Vivo x Fold, fast delivery with Fed Ex, recomended.

Reactions: MR.MEMORYLANE

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
By the way guys, I have found that reinstalling the Google services and Google Framework APKs did something, and certain google things that were not working before that, worked properly after. Just see what exact versions you have and download the same ones from apkmirror or somewhere else. I have also downloaded the latest Play store from there too as it was not updating on its own. For instance, I think this finally fixed my connection with my Ticwatch 3 Pro Ultra. ( Wear OS)

Reactions: finalstrider

yesso440

Feb 11, 2012
USA
first of all thank you all for sharing tips and helping people here.

So far, I am loving the phone. The missing piece of the puzzle is that when I install and use Nova, I cannot use the gestures(swiping bottom right/left to move between apps, 3 finger screen split). Is there any workaround for this as these are essentials.
I am having the same issue and I thought I am the only one, so this is a Nova issue right ?

Bryan839

Nov 18, 2009
With nova installed when I flick away an app it just instantly goes back home. There is no nice animation etc. Is this the same for everyone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!