General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

invensmaster

Aug 26, 2007
Oppo Find 5
OnePlus One
By the way guys, I have found that reinstalling the Google services and Google Framework APKs did something, and certain google things that were not working before that, worked properly after. Just see what exact versions you have and download the same ones from apkmirror or somewhere else. I have also downloaded the latest Play store from there too as it was not updating on its own. For instance, I think this finally fixed my connection with my Ticwatch 3 Pro Ultra. ( Wear OS)
Same thing here play store stopped working all of a sudden tryied installing un installing. Would you please tell me exactly what you did Thanks

Allografter

May 15, 2022
London, UK
Anyone know how to get the ad blockers working on Samsung browser on this phone? They all stop working after you open and close the browser. Thanks

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
By the way guys, I have found that reinstalling the Google services and Google Framework APKs did something, and certain google things that were not working before that, worked properly after. Just see what exact versions you have and download the same ones from apkmirror or somewhere else. I have also downloaded the latest Play store from there too as it was not updating on its own. For instance, I think this finally fixed my connection with my Ticwatch 3 Pro Ultra. ( Wear OS)
Which services and framework apk's did you reinstall? Can you list them please? Thank you!

MR.MEMORYLANE

Feb 24, 2012
I had a problem creating a Vivo account with my email so just an FYI use a different email if it happens. I don't know why but it worked for me 😎👍

MR.MEMORYLANE

Feb 24, 2012
Hey hey was hoping folks have figured this out. I am having these issues: 1. OfferUp won't search or login. 2. Fl studio crashes won't open at all
What I did for OfferUp just to get by for now.I opened it up on online (Google) and created a shortcut to my home page but yeah I have the same problem but this works for me and I one less app I need

MR.MEMORYLANE

Feb 24, 2012
Did you get a pop up message saying that since the SIM card was not from mainland China that you may not get 5G services? Just heard that some UK SIM cards trigger this warning
I got that pop up here in the US but I get 5G mostly 80% of the time. If it’s not 5G it will switch 4G but I work close to the airport so it might interfere with the towers. I think it automatically pops up because it's a Chinese and not global rom. Hope that helps 😎👍

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Which services and framework apk's did you reinstall? Can you list them please? Thank you!
Screenshot_20220707_181122.jpg

Those two. If anyone is having issues with google contacts syncing, you can try also reinstalling Google Contacts sync. Just click on the current one ang get the same version.

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
Eventually nova launcher has its issues with fullscreen gestures. Is there any way to install new icons and fonts. The vivo ones are chinese and ugly:)

atilcan

Jun 27, 2010
How can we change fonts, I only see chinese alternatives from the settings, the current fonts are showing turkish characters in bold :)

Bryan839

Nov 18, 2009
I'm reluctant to sell mine, I really do love it, but I've been locked into apple for so long it's almost impossible to switcht to anything else.

Look how amazing it looks 😍

Attachments

• DA53CCD2-7327-40C2-B2DD-F06C0F8D667E.jpeg
    DA53CCD2-7327-40C2-B2DD-F06C0F8D667E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
Eventually nova launcher has its issues with fullscreen gestures. Is there any way to install new icons and fonts. The vivo ones are chinese and ugly:)
So does the pixel launcher actually. I thought it was the pixel launcher installed with root. But if it is happening on NOVA Launcher it tells me there's a bug in the gestures for Vivo X Fold. As a work around I used Classic Navigation which is fine I suppose

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!